VoF Week :: DV :: 02 AUG 12 - 0853 :: Impatiens ¿ devendrae ? at Valley of Flowers

Dinesh Valke

Aug 20, 2012, 1:56:38 AM8/20/12
to efloraofindia
Valley of Flowers
2 AUG 12
Valley of Flowers ... about 11000 - 12000 ft
Dear friends, ID please.
Habitat: sloping meadow
Habit: erect herb about 70 - 80 cm high, flower about 2.5 - 3 cm long, about 1.5 - 2 cm across

Impatiens ¿ devendrae ?

Impatiens ¿ devendrae ?   Impatiens ¿ devendrae ?   Impatiens ¿ devendrae ?
Regards.
Dinesh

Satish Phadke

Aug 20, 2012, 9:40:31 AM8/20/12
to Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
?Impatiens edgeworthii
Dr Satish Phadke

Dinesh Valke

Aug 20, 2012, 9:52:14 AM8/20/12
to Satish Phadke, efloraofindia
Many thanks Satish ji ... will wait for those familiar with Himalayan balsams for validating our thoughts.
Regards.
Dinesh

jmgarg1

Aug 25, 2012, 10:53:22 AM8/25/12
to efloraofindia, sing...@gmail.com, tab...@gmail.com, sahani...@gmail.com, amit...@gmail.com, prajn...@gmail.com, mithuc...@gmail.com, shreya....@gmail.com, abesh...@gmail.com, nidhans...@gmail.com, balka...@gmail.com, parm...@sancharnet.in, alokis...@gmail.com, tanay...@gmail.com, kisha...@rediffmail.com, tigeru...@gmail.com, pka...@gmail.com, ns_dun...@yahoo.co.in, Dinesh Valke, Satish Phadke, mani nair, Rajesh Sachdev

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“?Impatiens edgeworthii
Dr Satish Phadke”

With regards,
J.M.Garg
For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1900 members & 1,23,300 messages on 31/7/12) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of more than 7000 species).

Gurcharan Singh

Aug 25, 2012, 1:13:54 PM8/25/12
to jmgarg1, efloraofindia, tab...@gmail.com, sahani...@gmail.com, amit...@gmail.com, prajn...@gmail.com, mithuc...@gmail.com, shreya....@gmail.com, abesh...@gmail.com, nidhans...@gmail.com, balka...@gmail.com, parm...@sancharnet.in, alokis...@gmail.com, tanay...@gmail.com, kisha...@rediffmail.com, tigeru...@gmail.com, pka...@gmail.com, ns_dun...@yahoo.co.in, Dinesh Valke, Satish Phadke, mani nair, Rajesh Sachdev
Not Impatiens devendrae in which the spur is very different.
Not also I. edgeworthii in which upper part of corolla is yellow and capsules somewhat erect not pendent.
Not yet sure about ID

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Dinesh Valke

Aug 25, 2012, 2:30:37 PM8/25/12
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Many thanks Garg ji for resurfacing this query.
Thank you very much Gurcharan ji for the clarifications.
Regards.
Dinesh

jmgarg1

Aug 31, 2012, 1:59:27 PM8/31/12
to efloraofindia, sing...@gmail.com, tab...@gmail.com, sahani...@gmail.com, amit...@gmail.com, prajn...@gmail.com, mithuc...@gmail.com, shreya....@gmail.com, abesh...@gmail.com, nidhans...@gmail.com, balka...@gmail.com, parm...@sancharnet.in, alokis...@gmail.com, tanay...@gmail.com, kisha...@rediffmail.com, tigeru...@gmail.com, pka...@gmail.com, ns_dun...@yahoo.co.in, Rajesh Sachdev, mani nair, Dinesh Valke, Dalia Set, Smita Raskar, Satish Phadke
Some earlier relevant feedback:
“?Impatiens edgeworthii
Dr Satish Phadke”
"Not Impatiens devendrae in which the spur is very different.
Not also I. edgeworthii in which upper part of corolla is yellow and capsules somewhat erect not pendent.
Not yet sure about ID" from Singh ji.

Mar 25, 2014, 4:45:29 PM3/25/14
to indian...@googlegroups.com
We had seen this flower way back in 2006 in the Valley of Flowers, and had been lying unidentified till now.
Now it has been identified as Impatiens meeboldii
  http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Meebold%27s%20Balsam.html
  http://www.efloras.org/florataxon.aspx?flora_id=5&taxon_id=250071529
All the aspects of Impatiens meeboldii which I could find, agree with our pictures, including nodding club-shaped seed-pods, pinkish white flowers, and the nearly straight spur.
   Cheers
   Tabish

J.M. Garg

Mar 25, 2014, 11:07:14 PM3/25/14
to Tabish, efloraofindia
Thanks, Tabish ji, for finally identifying it.
I think similar other plants are also lying unidentified from other posters.
They may pl. check it & resurface them with correct Id.

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- around 2265 members & 1,82,700 messages on 28/2/14) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 9000 species & 1,80,000 images). Winner of Wipro-NFS Sparrow Awards 2014

J.M. Garg

Mar 25, 2014, 11:08:15 PM3/25/14
to efloraofindia
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- around 2265 members & 1,82,700 messages on 28/2/14) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 9000 species & 1,80,000 images). Winner of Wipro-NFS Sparrow Awards 2014

Dinesh Valke

Mar 26, 2014, 6:53:39 AM3/26/14
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Thank you very much Garg ji for resurfacing the post for the ID.
Thank you very much Tabish for this long-awaited ID.
Regards.
Dinesh

J.M. Garg

Mar 27, 2014, 10:47:47 PM3/27/14
to efloraofindia

Mar 27, 2014, 10:58:00 PM3/27/14
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Thanks once again Garg ji for forwarding the Dr Wojciech's message.
Thank you very much Dr Wojciech for validating the ID.
Hoping this ID gets resolved.
Regards.
Dinesh