Acanthaceae fortnight ANMAR23/58 Hemigraphis(?) sp. for identification

Anurag Sharma

Mar 22, 2015, 4:16:08 AM3/22/15
Date: 21st March 2015

J.M. Garg

Mar 26, 2015, 6:49:11 AM3/26/15
to efloraofindia, Anurag Sharma

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Hemigraphis

With regards,
J.M.Garg

The whole world uses
my Image Resource of more than a thousand species & eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged alphabetically & place-wise). You can also use them for free as per Creative Commons license attached with each image.

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 2400 members & 2,00,000 messages on 9.9.14) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 10,000 species & 2,00,000 images). Winner of Wipro-NFS Sparrow Awards 2014 for efloraofindia

DSC_0737.JPG
DSC_0743.JPG
DSC_0755.JPG
DSC_0756.JPG
DSC_0757.JPG
DSC_0749.JPG
DSC_0745.JPG
DSC_0746.JPG
DSC_0747.JPG
DSC_0744.JPG
DSC_0740.JPG
DSC_0739.JPG
DSC_0750.JPG

surajit koley

Mar 26, 2015, 2:06:26 PM3/26/15
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Anurag Sharma
Haplanthus nilgherrensis Wight?
Thank you
Regards

Dr Santhosh Kumar

Mar 26, 2015, 8:00:08 PM3/26/15
to surajit koley, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Anurag Sharma
Probably Justicia sp

SANTHOSH
Dr. E.S. Santhosh Kumar MSc, PhD, FIAT,FABSc, FLS
Jawaharlal Nehru Tropical Botanic Garden and Research Institute, Palode
Thiruvananthapuram-695562
Kerala
India
www.drsanthosh.wikifoundry.com

NB: Please consider your environmental responsibility! Ask yourself before printing this email !!!

surajit koley

Mar 26, 2015, 9:45:38 PM3/26/15
to Dr Santhosh Kumar, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Anurag Sharma
Doesn't Justicia have strongly two lipped corolla, Santhosh Sir?
Do you think this one is misidentified?

Do you still think the plant in this thread is a Justicia?

Thank you
Regards
surajit

Anurag Sharma

Mar 27, 2015, 12:08:58 PM3/27/15
to surajit koley, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Haplanthus nilgherrensis fits perfectly sir. Maybe the accepted name is in doubt. But the illustration attached to the name Haplanthus nilgherrensis Wight is a match for me. Thank you very much.
--
Anurag N. Sharma
BSc. (CBZ) 2nd Year

surajit koley

Mar 27, 2015, 12:46:28 PM3/27/15
to Anurag Sharma, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Thank you Anurag Ji, please read, in my earlier reply, Ruellia tentaculata L., in place of R. tentaculata Nees, synonymous with Haplanthus tentaculatus Nees as per FBI.

Regards
surajit

Anurag Sharma

Mar 28, 2015, 1:21:10 AM3/28/15
to surajit koley, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Thanks sir. Missed that.