Haplanthodes neilgherryensis - Blue- 01032014-PKA-March-06

Prashant Awale

Mar 1, 2014, 2:11:56 AM3/1/14
to indiantreepix
Dear Friends,

Haplanthodes neilgherryensis  (Blue flowers)

Location: Chikmagalur Region, karnataka.

Family: Acanthaceae

Date/Time: 27-01-2014 / 02:10PM

Habitat: Wild

Plant Habit: Herb

Regards
Prashant
IMG_9083.jpg
IMG_9080.jpg
IMG_9081.jpg
IMG_9082.jpg

J.M. Garg

Mar 8, 2014, 12:18:07 AM3/8/14
to Prashant Awale, indiantreepix
Thanks, Prashant ji,
It's taxonomical litrature seems confused to me as below as per Haplanthodes tentaculatus:

Haplanthodes tentaculatus (Nees) Majumdar, Bull. Bot. Soc. Bengal 25:76. 1971(Syn: (≡) Haplanthus tentaculatus Nees (basionym); Synonyms: Bremkempia tentaculatus (L.) Sreemadhavan in Almeida, Fl. Mah. 4: 22, 2001. Ruellia tentaculata L. Cent. Pl. 2: 22, 1756. Haplanthus tentaculatus (L.) Nees in DC., Prodr. 1: 513, 1847 (p.p.); Cooke, Fl. Pres. Bombay 2: 453, 1958 (Repr.). H. tentaculatus (L.) var. nessiana Sant. in Bot. Mem. Univ. Bombay 2: 52, 1951.);
Haplanthodes tentaculatus (Nees) Majumdar, Bull. Bot. Soc. Bengal 25:76. 1971(Syn: (≡) Haplanthus tentaculatus Nees (basionym)) as per GRIN.
ThePlant List Ver.1.1  (Haplanthodes nilgherrensis (Wight) R.B.Majumdaris an unresolved name. This name is unresolved, but some data suggest that it is synonymous with Haplanthus nilgherrensis Wight )

Hope somebody is able to resolve it.

I am considering it as a syn. of Haplanthodes tentaculatus based on discussions so far in efi.

With regards,
J.M.Garg

The whole world uses
my Image Resource of more than a thousand species & eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged alphabetically & place-wise). You can also use them for free as per Creative Commons license attached with each image.

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- around 2265 members & 1,82,700 messages on 28/2/14) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 9000 species & 1,80,000 images).

J.M. Garg

Mar 8, 2014, 6:51:37 AM3/8/14
to Prashant Awale, indiantreepix
More details in Indian litrature are at Haplanthodes

J.M. Garg

Mar 8, 2014, 6:55:39 AM3/8/14
to Prashant Awale, indiantreepix
As per these, Haplanthodes nilgherrensis (Wight) R.B.Majumdar & Haplanthodes tentaculatus (L.) R.B.Majumdar accepted names of the species & both are different. This genera is endemic to India.

Thus we have to sort out our plants at  Haplanthodes tentaculatus into these two species.

Aarti S. Khale

Mar 9, 2014, 5:08:31 AM3/9/14
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Beautiful pictures.