APCu install blues

瀏覽次數:73 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

whel...@gmail.com

未讀,
2017年7月26日 晚上8:48:292017/7/26
收件者:AtoM Users
I've been following the installation steps to a T. I'm a total n00b at this stuff.

I keep getting an error at APCu installation. After

sudo apt install php-dev
sudo pecl install apcu_bc-beta

The message internal debugging [no] hit enter my laptop pops up with an error and the application fails to install.
I've Googled, and read posts here and can't seem to resolve my problem.

Any help or clues to the right direction would be appreciated.

Thanks!
debuggin.apcu.png
result.no.debug.png

Dan Gillean

未讀,
2017年7月27日 中午12:06:272017/7/27
收件者:ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Ellen,

This appears to be a problem with the PHP version packaged in 16.04. One of our developers has reproduced the error, but noted that apcu is still successfully installed, and this shouldn't prevent you from continuing with the installation. If you ignore the error and configure with the rest of the steps in that section, then both apc and apcu should be installed.

If you try running the following command after completing the steps (ignoring the error), you should see apc and apcu listed as installed:
  • php -m | grep apcu
Right now apcu-bc is not officially supported in Ubuntu, but AtoM doesn't work with the default version of apcu supported as a package. The PECL version we ask you to install instead does throw an error, but if you ignore it, you should be able to proceed.

The long-term solution will be for us to upgrade AtoM's cache layer so it can work with current versions of APCu, which Ubuntu maintains as  package. I have filed a bug for this here:
Let us know if you are able to finish the steps to configure apcu-bc and proceed with the installation.

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

whel...@gmail.com

未讀,
2017年7月31日 下午6:43:102017/7/31
收件者:AtoM Users
Thanks Dan.

It seems ok, but now on computer restart it gives an error saying php failed. When I get onto the local server to configure it stalls out and gives me a gateway timeout error when it gets to step 3 of configuration.

Upon restart of the computer, as localhost wouldn't load again, it's just blank. It's not giving me the option to finish inputting the configuration details, nor is it giving me any errors. Can you point me in the right direction again?

Thanks!

Dan Gillean

未讀,
2017年8月7日 下午2:41:092017/8/7
收件者:ICA-AtoM Users
Hi again Ellen,

Sorry for the delay, I've been away, as has much of our staff - and it is currently a holiday in BC where much of our team is located, so I don't have access to my team today to ask some follow-up questions on your behalf. Have you made any progress?

I do have some suggestions for restarting the installation process, and changing some of the PHP defaults, in this thread, that might be of use to you:
One thing however - are you installing this on a local laptop, rather than a server to be used in production?

If you are looking for an easy way to set up AtoM on a local computer such as a laptop, for testing or development, you might want to check out our Vagrant box.
The slides are probably the most accessible of the resources. Please note that the AtoM Vagrant box is intended for local development and testing - it is *not* scaled to be used as a production instance! But that will be true for just about anything running on a laptop, rather than a dedicated server.

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

whel...@gmail.com

未讀,
2017年8月12日 下午3:28:222017/8/12
收件者:AtoM Users
Thanks for the resources Dan!

I think I've got it all figured out. It's quite the learning process!

Ellen
回覆所有人
回覆作者
轉寄