Hugin 2016.0 beta 1 released

T. Modes

Jan 23, 2016, 4:29:25 AM1/23/16
Hi all,

we are starting a new release cycle for Hugin 2016.0.
Today we are releasing beta1.

It can be downloaded
at sourceforge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/hugin/files/hugin/hugin-2016.0/hugin-2016.0.0_beta1.tar.bz2/download
or at launchpad: https://launchpad.net/hugin/2016.0/2016.0beta1/+download/hugin-2016.0.0_beta1.tar.bz2

Verify its checksums:
md5: a19adc768b71adb7cc183cd9c0bda5d2  hugin-2016.0.0.tar.bz2
sha1: bbca1f54880ba19d21ec71b1942d31f1bbb8e9f1  hugin-2016.0.0.tar.bz2

(Beta 1 is identical to changeset 5cc09f0259b5 in our repository, which is also tagged as 2016.0beta1).
This is a source code release. Users communities produce executables for their respective platforms. Please announce them here.

Changes Since 2015.0.0

  • The first improvement concerns icc color profiles: Hugin has already copied the icc profile into the output file when stitching panoramas. Now also the display in the GUIs takes the icc profile into account. Celeste_standalone and cpfind read now also the icc profile and use it during its processings.
  • Beside the known output options Hugin now includes a user defined output sequence. With this option the user can create more flexible variants for the output. As an example a zero-noise output sequence is delivered with Hugin 2016.0.
  • Some buttons in the Hugin GUI now have a context menu for easier access to some function:
    • Show all in the fast preview window to allow better interaction with stacked projects.
    • Celeste button in the cp tab (panorama editor): the button can now be used to create control points or to clean control points with celeste or statistical methods.
  • The identify tool in the fast preview window now also shows the image numbers on top of the images. (This can be suppressed by pressing the alt button).

Other Improvements

  • Many more improvements and bug fixes under the hood: incorrect behaviour of photometric optimizer, fixed merging of projects with line control points, ...

Upgrading from previous versions of Hugin should be seamless. If you do have problems with old settings, these can be reset in the Preferences window by clicking 'Load defaults'.

A draft of the release notes can be found at http://hugin.sourceforge.net/releases/2016.0.0/en.shtml

IMPORTANT

TODO for beta2/rc1

* Check if the new functions work on your system.

* Test if new functions does not break existing functions.

* Update the translation for your language.

* Concerning the new output sequence: if you have created an own output sequence and find it could be also useful for other users, we can ship it also with hugin. So you can submit your output sequence to the mailing list or to the bug tracker.

Terry Duell

Jan 25, 2016, 5:09:22 PM1/25/16
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, 23 Jan 2016 20:29:24 +1100, T. Modes <Thomas...@gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> we are starting a new release cycle for Hugin 2016.0.
> Today we are releasing beta1.

I have built Hugin-2016.0.0beta1 for Fedora 23 x86_64.
I can make the hugin and hugin-base rpms available on Dropbox if any
Fedora 23 users would like to help with testing.

Cheers,
--
Regards,
Terry Duell

Greg 'groggy' Lehey

Jan 25, 2016, 10:09:36 PM1/25/16
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
On Saturday, 23 January 2016 at 1:29:24 -0800, T. Modes wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> we are starting a new release cycle for Hugin 2016.0.
> Today we are releasing beta1.
>
> It can be downloaded
> at sourceforge:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/hugin/files/hugin/hugin-2016.0/hugin-2016.0.0_beta1.tar.bz2/download

After a lot of searching, I discovered that the real download link is
http://sourceforge.net/projects/hugin/files/hugin/hugin-2016.0/hugin-2016.0.0_beta1.tar.bz2
The link above seems only to work in a web browser, which doesn't help
for automated downloads.

Once I downloaded it and bent the pathnames to shape (a different one
from the releases), I tripped over Commit [a18e2a], which causes an
error message

In-source builds are not allowed

What's the purpose of this? It would require significant reworking in
the FreeBSD environment, and from this perspective it doesn't seem to
serve any useful purpose. The commit log doesn't help, and the only
reference I've found on the web, at
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/hugin-hg/ , simply claims that it
is fixed.

After removing the patch, Hugin built out of the box, and seems to run
normally. But my test panorama, which normally gets a very good fit,
coems out with an average error of 54.5 and a maximum of 338.6. The
images in question are at
http://wwww.lemis.com/grog/Photos/20160123/small/house-from-sw-0.jpeg
and
http://wwww.lemis.com/grog/Photos/20160123/small/house-from-sw-1.jpeg
(or
http://wwww.lemis.com/grog/Photos/20160123/small/house-from-sw-[01].jpeg
if you prefer). I'm attaching the .pto files generated out of the box
by 2015.0.0 and 2016.0.0_beta1.

Looking at the control points, the issue seems to be with the vertical
control points, which have always been a problem with my motives. But
when I removed them all, the control point detector failed completely
to realign, turning one image on its side. In each case the control
point detector was CPFind. Panomatic came to a different result, but
it was just as bad.

Greg
--
Sent from my desktop computer.
Finger gr...@FreeBSD.org for PGP public key.

Terry Duell

Jan 25, 2016, 10:26:39 PM1/25/16
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Hello Greg,

On Tue, 26 Jan 2016 14:09:30 +1100, Greg 'groggy' Lehey
<groo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Saturday, 23 January 2016 at 1:29:24 -0800, T. Modes wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> we are starting a new release cycle for Hugin 2016.0.
>> Today we are releasing beta1.
>>
>> It can be downloaded
>> at sourceforge:
>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/hugin/files/hugin/hugin-2016.0/hugin-2016.0.0_beta1.tar.bz2/download
>
> After a lot of searching, I discovered that the real download link is
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/hugin/files/hugin/hugin-2016.0/hugin-2016.0.0_beta1.tar.bz2
> The link above seems only to work in a web browser, which doesn't help
> for automated downloads.

I had no trouble with the launchpad link that was provided.

> Once I downloaded it and bent the pathnames to shape (a different one
> from the releases), I tripped over Commit [a18e2a], which causes an
> error message
>
> In-source builds are not allowed

Can't help with this, my builds automatically take care of it.

> After removing the patch, Hugin built out of the box, and seems to run
> normally. But my test panorama, which normally gets a very good fit,
> coems out with an average error of 54.5 and a maximum of 338.6. The
> images in question are at
> http://wwww.lemis.com/grog/Photos/20160123/small/house-from-sw-0.jpeg
> and
> http://wwww.lemis.com/grog/Photos/20160123/small/house-from-sw-1.jpeg
> (or
> http://wwww.lemis.com/grog/Photos/20160123/small/house-from-sw-[01].jpeg
> if you prefer). I'm attaching the .pto files generated out of the box
> by 2015.0.0 and 2016.0.0_beta1.

I have tried to download your images but doesn't seem to be
connecting...I'll try again later.

Greg 'groggy' Lehey

Jan 25, 2016, 10:42:18 PM1/25/16
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
On Tuesday, 26 January 2016 at 14:26:31 +1100, Terry Duell wrote:
> Hello Greg,
>
> On Tue, 26 Jan 2016 14:09:30 +1100, Greg 'groggy' Lehey
> <groo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Saturday, 23 January 2016 at 1:29:24 -0800, T. Modes wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> we are starting a new release cycle for Hugin 2016.0.
>>> Today we are releasing beta1.
>>>
>>> It can be downloaded
>>> at sourceforge:
>>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/hugin/files/hugin/hugin-2016.0/hugin-2016.0.0_beta1.tar.bz2/download
>>
>> After a lot of searching, I discovered that the real download link is
>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/hugin/files/hugin/hugin-2016.0/hugin-2016.0.0_beta1.tar.bz2
>> The link above seems only to work in a web browser, which doesn't help
>> for automated downloads.
>
> I had no trouble with the launchpad link that was provided.

I didn't try that one.

>> After removing the patch, Hugin built out of the box, and seems to run
>> normally. But my test panorama, which normally gets a very good fit,
>> coems out with an average error of 54.5 and a maximum of 338.6. The
>> images in question are at
>> http://wwww.lemis.com/grog/Photos/20160123/small/house-from-sw-0.jpeg
>> and
>> http://wwww.lemis.com/grog/Photos/20160123/small/house-from-sw-1.jpeg
>> (or
>> http://wwww.lemis.com/grog/Photos/20160123/small/house-from-sw-[01].jpeg
>> if you prefer). I'm attaching the .pto files generated out of the box
>> by 2015.0.0 and 2016.0.0_beta1.
>
> I have tried to download your images but doesn't seem to be
> connecting...I'll try again later.

Sorry, URLs were wrong. wwww -> www:

>> http://www.lemis.com/grog/Photos/20160123/small/house-from-sw-0.jpeg
>> and
>> http://www.lemis.com/grog/Photos/20160123/small/house-from-sw-1.jpeg
>> (or
>> http://www.lemis.com/grog/Photos/20160123/small/house-from-sw-[01].jpeg
signature.asc

Yuval Levy

Jan 25, 2016, 11:47:24 PM1/25/16
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
On 2016-01-25 10:42 PM, Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:

>>> After a lot of searching, I discovered that the real download link is
>>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/hugin/files/hugin/hugin-2016.0/hugin-2016.0.0_beta1.tar.bz2
>>> The link above seems only to work in a web browser, which doesn't help
>>> for automated downloads.
>>
>> I had no trouble with the launchpad link that was provided.
>
> I didn't try that one.

I strongly recommend making the Launchpad link the main one, and the
SpamForge link the secondary one. Must keep feeding SpamForge, else
they will replace it with their spyware installer that have motivated so
many Open Source projects to move away. It is so bad that tools like
uBlock origin block access to SpamForge all together by default.

Yuv

Terry Duell

Jan 26, 2016, 12:11:56 AM1/26/16
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, 26 Jan 2016 14:42:15 +1100, Greg 'groggy' Lehey
<groo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tuesday, 26 January 2016 at 14:26:31 +1100, Terry Duell wrote:

>> I have tried to download your images but doesn't seem to be
>> connecting...I'll try again later.
>
> Sorry, URLs were wrong. wwww -> www:
>
>>> http://www.lemis.com/grog/Photos/20160123/small/house-from-sw-0.jpeg
>>> and
>>> http://www.lemis.com/grog/Photos/20160123/small/house-from-sw-1.jpeg
>>> (or
>>> http://www.lemis.com/grog/Photos/20160123/small/house-from-sw-[01].jpeg

OK, got your images.
I needed to edit your .pto files to bring them into line with the image
filenames.
Attempting to load your .ptos into hugin-2016.0.0 (beta1) produced error
messages along the lines "21 invalid CPs found".
Starting from scratch, loading the images only CPFind couldn't generate
any CPs.
When loaded the images are assumed by Hugin to be from a rectilinear lens,
is that correct?
I haven't tried with an earlier version of Hugin.

Terry Duell

Jan 26, 2016, 12:24:29 AM1/26/16
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, 26 Jan 2016 16:11:50 +1100, Terry Duell <tdu...@iinet.net.au>
wrote:

> When loaded the images are assumed by Hugin to be from a rectilinear
> lens, is that correct?

I just tried making the images 'full frame fisheye' and CPFind
automagically found 15 CPs, although some of those were in the sky.
Attached .pto and screenshot of the Fast Panorama Preview from 'positions,
view and barrel' optimisation.
Hope that helps.
Fast Panorama preview_007.jpg
house-from-sw-1-house-from-sw-0.pto

Greg 'groggy' Lehey

Jan 26, 2016, 12:26:00 AM1/26/16
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
On Tuesday, 26 January 2016 at 16:11:50 +1100, Terry Duell wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Jan 2016 14:42:15 +1100, Greg 'groggy' Lehey
> <groo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Tuesday, 26 January 2016 at 14:26:31 +1100, Terry Duell wrote:
>
>>> I have tried to download your images but doesn't seem to be
>>> connecting...I'll try again later.
>>
>> Sorry, URLs were wrong. wwww -> www:

> OK, got your images.
> I needed to edit your .pto files to bring them into line with the image
> filenames.

Sorry, I'm really not doing very well today. Those are reduced
images. The originals are at:

Those are the original files I used, and the .pto files should fit
modulo file names.

> Starting from scratch, loading the images only CPFind couldn't generate
> any CPs.
> When loaded the images are assumed by Hugin to be from a rectilinear lens,
> is that correct?

No, as I said it was fisheye. But out of interest I tried with those
images. It recognized them as a full frame fisheye, and in fact the
results weren't quite as bad, though still unacceptable. I wonder
what the difference is.
signature.asc

Terry Duell

Jan 26, 2016, 12:41:16 AM1/26/16
to hugi...@googlegroups.com, Greg 'groggy' Lehey
On Tue, 26 Jan 2016 16:25:56 +1100, Greg 'groggy' Lehey
<groo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry, I'm really not doing very well today. Those are reduced
> images. The originals are at:

> Those are the original files I used, and the .pto files should fit
> modulo file names.

OK, I'll have a look at those as well to see how beta1 performs.

>> Starting from scratch, loading the images only CPFind couldn't generate
>> any CPs.
>> When loaded the images are assumed by Hugin to be from a rectilinear
>> lens,
>> is that correct?
>
> No, as I said it was fisheye.

Oh, I never saw that.

Greg 'groggy' Lehey

Jan 26, 2016, 12:44:15 AM1/26/16
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Yes, that helps a lot to localize the issue. I've tried it that way
with the same (small) imagees. Again, CPFind finds 15 control points,
though the Photos tab recognizes the images as fisheye. If I optimize
with Positions (Incremental, starting from Anchor) I get an average of
5.4 and a max of 12.7, though it positions the image across the
border. But if I choose Positions, View and Barrel distortion, I get
ridiculous values (all less thn 0.0001) and a useless image.

Either way these are completely different results from what I got
using the Assistant and Align, which is how I did it before. By
comparison they're almost usable.

What platform are you doing your tests on? Is it practicable for me
to try your binaries?
signature.asc

Greg 'groggy' Lehey

Jan 26, 2016, 12:46:19 AM1/26/16
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
On Monday, 25 January 2016 at 23:46:56 -0500, Yuval Levy wrote:
> On 2016-01-25 10:42 PM, Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:
>> [Terry Duell]]
>>> I had no trouble with the launchpad link that was provided.
>>
>> I didn't try that one.
>
> I strongly recommend making the Launchpad link the main one, and the
> SpamForge link the secondary one. Must keep feeding SpamForge, else
> they will replace it with their spyware installer that have motivated so
> many Open Source projects to move away. It is so bad that tools like
> uBlock origin block access to SpamForge all together by default.

Point taken. Traditionally the FreeBSD port only used SF, which is
why I tried to bend the URL to fit. I'll add Launchpad.
signature.asc

Terry Duell

Jan 26, 2016, 12:53:50 AM1/26/16
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, 26 Jan 2016 16:44:08 +1100, Greg 'groggy' Lehey
<groo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tuesday, 26 January 2016 at 16:24:22 +1100, Terry Duell wrote:
>> On Tue, 26 Jan 2016 16:11:50 +1100, Terry Duell <tdu...@iinet.net.au>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> When loaded the images are assumed by Hugin to be from a rectilinear
>>> lens, is that correct?
>>
>> I just tried making the images 'full frame fisheye' and CPFind
>> automagically found 15 CPs, although some of those were in the sky.
>> Attached .pto and screenshot of the Fast Panorama Preview from
>> 'positions,
>> view and barrel' optimisation.
>> Hope that helps.
>
> Yes, that helps a lot to localize the issue. I've tried it that way
> with the same (small) imagees. Again, CPFind finds 15 control points,
> though the Photos tab recognizes the images as fisheye. If I optimize
> with Positions (Incremental, starting from Anchor) I get an average of
> 5.4 and a max of 12.7, though it positions the image across the
> border. But if I choose Positions, View and Barrel distortion, I get
> ridiculous values (all less thn 0.0001) and a useless image.
>
> Either way these are completely different results from what I got
> using the Assistant and Align, which is how I did it before. By
> comparison they're almost usable.

I just tried your full scale images, and hugin-2016.0.0(beta1) assumes
them to be rectilinear.
Setting them as full frame fisheye produces pretty much the same result I
got with the smaller images.

> What platform are you doing your tests on? Is it practicable for me
> to try your binaries?

I build and test on Fedora 23 x86_64.
I can put my hugin-2016.0.0 rpm packages on Dropbox, but not sure if they
would help you, probably depends on any differences in versions of
dependencies on our two systems...guessing a bit.
Let's know if I can help.

Terry Duell

Jan 26, 2016, 3:49:26 AM1/26/16
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Hello Greg,

On Tue, 26 Jan 2016 16:53:46 +1100, Terry Duell <tdu...@iinet.net.au>
wrote:
Here's the about > system info from my build of hugin-2016.0.0 beta1, if
it helps.

Operating System: Linux 4.3.3-301.fc23.x86_64 x86_64
Architecture: 64 bit
Free memory: 12899339084 kiB

Hugin
Version: 2016.0.0.5cc09f0259b5
Path to resources: /usr/share/hugin/xrc/
Path to data: /usr/share/hugin/data/
Hugins camera and lens database: /home/terry/.hugindata/camlens.db
Multi-threading using C++11 std::thread and OpenMP
Monitor profile: SyncMaster

Libraries
wxWidgets: 2.8.12.0
libpano13: 2.9.19
Boost: 1.58.0
Exiv2: 0.25
SQLite3: 3.10.0
Vigra: 1.10.0
LittleCMS2: 2.7

T. Modes

Bruno Postle

Jan 29, 2016, 7:10:47 AM1/29/16
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
On 25 January 2016 at 22:09, Terry Duell wrote:

> I have built Hugin-2016.0.0beta1 for Fedora 23 x86_64.
> I can make the hugin and hugin-base rpms available on Dropbox if any Fedora
> 23 users would like to help with testing.

As usual I'm just catching up... I have updated the fedora 'copr'
panorama repository with Hugin 2016.0 beta1 packages for f22 and f23
(i386 and x86_64), these should be more or less the same as Terry's
RPMs: https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/bpostle/panorama/

--
Bruno

Martin Pecka

Feb 1, 2016, 5:42:32 PM2/1/16
Hello devs. Can we expect a Windows build of the beta to appear? I'd like to test the (supposed-to-be-fixed) support for GPU remapping on integrated Intel GPUs. Thanks for answering (and for your great work!).

Terry Duell

Feb 1, 2016, 9:01:58 PM2/1/16
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Hello Martin,
The beta release is a source code release, and the project relies on
volunteers to build the binaries.
I'm not sure if we have a Windows builder at the moment...hopefully
someone can provide a more definitive answer.

Harry van der Wolf

Feb 2, 2016, 3:00:01 AM2/2/16
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
I will try to build a win-64 version this weekend. At the moment I'm quite busy with other things and my windows laptop "is lying in a corner" as I'm back on ubuntu again.

Harry

--
A list of frequently asked questions is available at: http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ

Martin Pecka

Feb 2, 2016, 3:26:49 AM2/2/16
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Okay, I see. If this is the situation, I might try to setup the build
environment on my machine and provide the build. But I don't promise
anything, so, please, Harry, do not give up :)
--
Martin Pecka

Martin Pecka

Feb 6, 2016, 1:15:08 PM2/6/16
And here we go! I've managed to create a Windows 64bit build thanks to the tutorial on wiki on building the SDK with VS2013.

https://app.box.com/s/rpch03cckude2mfq900xoudoq8xahezm

Feel free to reupload the installer to sourceforge.

Thomas Pryds

Feb 6, 2016, 4:36:22 PM2/6/16
to hugin-ptx
IMPORTANT
[...]
* Update the translation for your language.

Danish translation updated.

A few typos in English strings:

"%fullheight - height of output canvas canvas\n"
One too many "canvas".

"Stitch with the settings from an user defined output sequence"
"an" should be "a" instead.

"The batch queue contains many items.\n
This can have negative effects on performance.\n
Should the batch queue cleared now?"
The last sentence is missing something. Perhaps "Should the batch queue be cleared now?"

Thomas P.

T. Modes

Feb 7, 2016, 4:18:58 AM2/7/16

Am Samstag, 6. Februar 2016 22:36:22 UTC+1 schrieb Thomas Pryds:
IMPORTANT
[...]
* Update the translation for your language.

Danish translation updated.

Thanks. Also committed to 2016.0 branch.

A few typos in English strings:

I fixed them. Thanks for proof reading and mention it.

T. Modes

Feb 13, 2016, 4:28:18 AM2/13/16
Just a reminder.

Am Samstag, 23. Januar 2016 10:29:25 UTC+1 schrieb T. Modes:
Hi all,

we are starting a new release cycle for Hugin 2016.0.
Today we are releasing beta1.

Until now there was nearly no feedback to the new features.
Does it mean all is working, or nobody has interest in them?

Also the translation are still behind. Only 6 languages (thanks to these translators) have full coverage.
So this is a reminder to the (other) translators. Please update your language files.

da.po
de.po
hu.po
it.po
pt_BR.po
sk.po
1541 translated messages.

ca_ES.po
1490 translated messages, 33 fuzzy translations, 18 untranslated messages.
ca...@valencia.po
1490 translated messages, 33 fuzzy translations, 18 untranslated messages.
cs_CZ.po
1497 translated messages, 31 fuzzy translations, 13 untranslated messages.
en_GB.po
76 translated messages, 11 fuzzy translations, 1454 untranslated messages.
es.po
1196 translated messages, 204 fuzzy translations, 141 untranslated messages.
eu.po
986 translated messages, 290 fuzzy translations, 265 untranslated messages.
fi.po
777 translated messages, 418 fuzzy translations, 346 untranslated messages.
fr.po
1524 translated messages, 12 fuzzy translations, 5 untranslated messages.
ja.po
1086 translated messages, 287 fuzzy translations, 168 untranslated messages.
nl.po
1329 translated messages, 130 fuzzy translations, 82 untranslated messages.
pl.po
1302 translated messages, 142 fuzzy translations, 97 untranslated messages.
ro.po
642 translated messages, 503 fuzzy translations, 396 untranslated messages.
ru.po
1303 translated messages, 142 fuzzy translations, 96 untranslated messages.
sv.po
1057 translated messages, 313 fuzzy translations, 171 untranslated messages.
zh_CN.po
1338 translated messages, 122 fuzzy translations, 81 untranslated messages.
zh_TW.po
1292 translated messages, 147 fuzzy translations, 102 untranslated messages.

Terry Duell

Feb 13, 2016, 4:31:16 PM2/13/16
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Hello Thomas,

On Sat, 13 Feb 2016 20:28:18 +1100, T. Modes <Thomas...@gmx.de> wrote:

> Just a reminder.
>
> Am Samstag, 23. Januar 2016 10:29:25 UTC+1 schrieb T. Modes:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> we are starting a new release cycle for Hugin 2016.0.
>> Today we are releasing beta1.
>>
>> Until now there was nearly no feedback to the new features.
> Does it mean all is working, or nobody has interest in them?

I'm sure there is interest in the new features.
I must admit that I have not been doing as much testing as I should, but
thus far all seems OK.
I'll try to spend a bit more time on testing in this next week.

Terry Duell

Feb 13, 2016, 9:38:27 PM2/13/16
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, 14 Feb 2016 08:31:09 +1100, Terry Duell <tdu...@iinet.net.au>
wrote:
OK, made some time and attempted to check the changes.

1. ICC color profiles. Not checked here, I need to first properly
understand how to check this.
2. User defined output sequence. The zero-noise script works OK.
3. Context menus. "Show all" menu works OK. "Celeste" button menu works OK.
4. Identify tool numbering works OK.

Checked using my build of hugin-2016.1.0 on Fedora 23 x86_64.

T. Modes

Feb 14, 2016, 5:32:28 AM2/14/16
Hi Terry,

Am Sonntag, 14. Februar 2016 03:38:27 UTC+1 schrieb Tduell:
OK, made some time and attempted to check the changes.

1. ICC color profiles. Not checked here, I need to first properly
understand how to check this.
2. User defined output sequence. The zero-noise script works OK.
3. Context menus. "Show all" menu works OK. "Celeste" button menu works OK.
4. Identify tool numbering works OK.

Checked using my build of hugin-2016.1.0 on Fedora 23 x86_64.

Thanks a lot for testing.

Thomas

Martin Pecka

Feb 15, 2016, 8:49:47 PM2/15/16
I tested 2, 3, 4 on win64. All work very well.

Though I think the context menus in 3 are that unusual, that no "uninformed" user might discover them. What about a visal guide for them? I can imagine converting these buttons to split buttons with these small downward arrows suggesting there are more options.

T. Modes

Feb 16, 2016, 1:46:39 PM2/16/16

Am Dienstag, 16. Februar 2016 02:49:47 UTC+1 schrieb Martin Pecka:
Though I think the context menus in 3 are that unusual, that no "uninformed" user might discover them. What about a visal guide for them? I can imagine converting these buttons to split buttons with these small downward arrows suggesting there are more options.

wxWidgets does not provide such a control, otherwise I would use it.

I committed a change to default branch. It uses a special Unicode character for the marks.
Could some of the builder test, if this works for them? (especially on different operating systems)
But it needs the testing, before I can transplant it to 2016.0 branch.

Thomas

Terry Duell

Feb 16, 2016, 4:08:45 PM2/16/16
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Hello Thomas,
OK, I built here on Fedora 23 x86_64.
The mark appears OK in the Control points tab (Celeste button) and looks
good.
No sign of any mark on the "All" identify button in the Fast Panorama
preview.
Hope this helps.

Martin Pecka

Feb 16, 2016, 4:41:25 PM2/16/16
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
On Win64, I can see both added arrows (in quick preview and in Control points).

I noticed there is no left margin for the icons in "All" and "None" buttons in the quick preview:

--
Martin Pecka

Wirz

Feb 16, 2016, 5:07:45 PM2/16/16
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Thomas,
I observe exactly the same on Debian 8.3 x86_64.

cheers, lukas

--
Do not believe the naysayers who say it cannot be done.

signature.asc

T. Modes

Feb 17, 2016, 11:29:39 AM2/17/16

Am Dienstag, 16. Februar 2016 22:08:45 UTC+1 schrieb Tduell:
No sign of any mark on the "All" identify button in the Fast Panorama
preview.
Hope this helps.

Yes. The show all button is different in wxWidgets 2.8 and 3.0. And I forgot to modify also the wxWidgets 2.8 version.
Should be fixed now in default branch.

Thomas

Wirz

Feb 17, 2016, 12:25:18 PM2/17/16
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Yes, that fixes it for me. (Debian 8.3)
signature.asc

Terry Duell

Feb 17, 2016, 5:01:40 PM2/17/16
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Hello Thomas,

On Thu, 18 Feb 2016 04:25:12 +1100, Wirz <sp...@lukas-wirz.de> wrote:

> On 17/02/16 17:29, T. Modes wrote:
>>

>> Am Dienstag, 16. Februar 2016 22:08:45 UTC+1 schrieb Tduell:
>>>
>>> No sign of any mark on the "All" identify button in the Fast Panorama
>>> preview.
>>> Hope this helps.
>>>

>> Yes. The show all button is different in wxWidgets 2.8 and 3.0. And I
>> forgot to modify also the wxWidgets 2.8 version.
>> Should be fixed now in default branch.
>
> Yes, that fixes it for me. (Debian 8.3)

...and for me, Fedora 23. Thanks.