Procedure entry point libiconv_set_relocation_prefix could not be located in the dynamic link library libiconv-2.dll

Massimo Belgrano

Jun 27, 2011, 4:08:23 AM6/27/11
to harbou...@googlegroups.com
I confirm this problem recompiling one of my project also if
if i use :
-svn verion with mingw included in nigtly
-niglty.exe

procedure entry point libiconv_set_relocation_prefix could not be located in the dynamic link library libiconv-2.dll

Compiler: MinGW GNU C 4.5.2 (32-bit)
Platform: Windows XP 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

--
Massimo Belgrano

Viktor Szakáts

Jun 27, 2011, 2:25:55 PM6/27/11
to harbou...@googlegroups.com
Harbour test release and nightly doesn't ship this .dll, nor any components
dependent on this .dll, nor any implibs belonging to it, which means you'll
have to fix the .dlls on your local system.

Viktor

Massimo Belgrano

Jun 28, 2011, 3:25:08 AM6/28/11
to harbou...@googlegroups.com
Problem occur also with last nigtly on new machine (win 7 installed yesterday)
and on same machine work with nightly of same week ago (before new
mingw included)

Now i try reproduce the problem out of my project

2011/6/27 Viktor Szakáts <harbo...@syenar.hu>:

--
Massimo Belgrano

Viktor Szakáts

Jun 28, 2011, 4:33:41 AM6/28/11
to harbou...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 9:25 AM, Massimo Belgrano <mbel...@deltain.it> wrote:
> Problem occur also with last nigtly on new machine (win 7 installed yesterday)
> and on same machine work with nightly of same week ago (before new
> mingw included)

It doesn't matter. It means your system has fallen apart
because of a mingw version change. This nevertheless
has to be fixed on your own system. Yet again.

Viktor

Massimo Belgrano

Jun 28, 2011, 4:34:17 AM6/28/11
to harbou...@googlegroups.com
Here can be reproduced my problem (on tree different machine with nightly.exe)
Path=G:\HB21\BIN;G:\HB21\COMP\MINGW\BIN
hbmk2 max.hbp -rebuild

compile without error with old version of nigtly (14/mar/2011) and not with last version

-----------------max.hbp--------------
-m
-b
-p
-w0
-omax.exe
-DEURO
-D__GTWVT__
-GUI
-workdir=HB/${hb_plat}/${hb_comp}
-trace
-info
-inc
-lhbdebug
-lace32
-lrddads
-lrddbmcdx
-lxhb
-lhbwin
-lhbclipsm
-lGTWVT
-lGTWVG
max.prg
----------------------max.prg
 REQUEST DBFCDX
 request DBFFPT
 REQUEST BMDBFCDX
 REQUEST ADS
 REQUEST HB_LANG_IT
 REQUEST HB_CODEPAGE_IT437
 ANNOUNCE HB_GTSYS
 REQUEST HB_GT_WIN
 REQUEST HB_GT_WVT
 REQUEST HB_GT_STD
 REQUEST HB_GT_WVG
 REQUEST HB_GT_WVT_DEFAULT

proc main()

   ? "hello"
   return

2011/6/28 Massimo Belgrano <mbel...@deltain.it>

--
Massimo Belgrano

Delta Informatica S.r.l. (http://www.deltain.it/) (+39 0321 455962)
Analisi e sviluppo software per Lan e Web -  Consulenza informatica - Formazione

Viktor Szakáts

Jun 28, 2011, 4:39:33 AM6/28/11
to harbou...@googlegroups.com
Do you read the answers?

Massimo Belgrano

Jun 28, 2011, 4:49:05 AM6/28/11
to harbou...@googlegroups.com
read but i not undestrand your reply
>It doesn't matter.
what is important?

>It means your system has fallen apart because of a mingw version change.
????????google translate give me limited understand?????
>This nevertheless has to be fixed on your own system. Yet again.
How ?
Occur me on tree different machine (xp,win7,win7)

Do you read the answers?

--
Massimo Belgrano

Viktor Szakáts

Jun 28, 2011, 5:32:48 AM6/28/11
to harbou...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 10:49 AM, Massimo Belgrano <mbel...@deltain.it> wrote:
> read but i not undestrand your reply
>>It doesn't matter.
> what is important?
>>It means your system has fallen apart because of a mingw version change.
> ????????google translate give me limited understand?????
>>This nevertheless has to be fixed on your own system. Yet again.
> How ?
> Occur me on tree different machine (xp,win7,win7)

Please realize that the .dll you are citing _is not part of Harbour_.

You met .dll hell, and you will need to fix it.

Viktor

Massimo Belgrano

Jun 28, 2011, 5:45:57 AM6/28/11
to harbou...@googlegroups.com
Please realize that the error occur on nightlyharbour on each machine that i have tried (seven machine also via terminal)
You are able to compile my sample using nightly?
will samebody try after download last nightly?
i am the only people that have problem?
IMO This dll definition is broken in part of mingw included in nightly

2011/6/28 Viktor Szakáts <harbo...@syenar.hu>

--
Massimo Belgrano

Viktor Szakáts

Jun 28, 2011, 8:24:01 AM6/28/11
to harbou...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 11:45 AM, Massimo Belgrano <mbel...@deltain.it> wrote:
> Please realize that the error occur on nightlyharbour on each machine that i
> have tried (seven machine also via terminal)
> You are able to compile my sample using nightly?

Notice that your .hbp file links lots of components in, many
of them not part of Harbour and implibs not part of Harbour
distro, so even if I'd intend to spend a few hours or my free
time to reduce your sample, I would not be able to replicate
it locally.

So you will have to reduce your sample to a minimum first,
containing components only which are part of Harbour nightly
and which are minimally required to reproduce the problem.

> will samebody try after download last nightly?
> i am the only people that have problem?
> IMO This dll definition is broken in part of mingw included in nightly

You need to write a bug report to the mingw development
team, the TDM people or the iconv team.

Viktor

Massimo Belgrano

Jun 28, 2011, 4:15:06 PM6/28/11
to harbou...@googlegroups.com
Sorry viktor you are right
as confirmed from same friend
now i made a verification of my problem

2011/6/28 Viktor Szakáts <harbo...@syenar.hu>

--
Massimo Belgrano

Maurizio Faccio adinet

Jul 2, 2011, 8:41:11 AM7/2/11
to harbou...@googlegroups.com
Hi Massimo.

Please check that you do not have any other libiconv-2.dll in your disk,
in somewhere that you set path points first that the directory mingw/bin.
It happens to me, and if there you have any different version of
libiconv, it will do not work
If you cannot change the path order, copy libiconv-2.dll to the
directory were you are compiling.

As Viktor said. "You met .dll hell..."

Maurizio