Handover of Bussorah unit to Landlord

Chern Jie

Nov 12, 2013, 9:18:08 PM11/12/13
to hackerspacesg
Dear all,

After tireless nights of boxing and packing, we have successfully moved into the new location!

It was a super close call whether or not we were able to move directly into the new location, the former would have cost us double moving plus temporary storage where areas the latter means we are lock down for 2 years. Nevertheless, the new rental contract was signed shortly before our movers arrived to load the truck. Talk about "just in time"!

Moving forward
We need to complete the handover of the "old" space and we NEED help for:
  1. cleaning the old space, scrub off walls, bring down stickers, vacuum etc.
  2. garang guni collection (due to happen today)
  3. carry over the remainder items:
    • 6x bean bags
    • table top (next to the door downstairs)
    • 1x working-condition office chair (not a priority)
For item 1 above, we plan to gather everyone at the old space 730pm today (Wednesday) to help with the cleaning. Please help spread the word and do come by for one last good bye to the Bussorah unit.

Cheers,
Chern Jie

Alvin Ho

Nov 12, 2013, 11:31:08 PM11/12/13
to hacker...@googlegroups.com, cher...@hackerspace.sg
i'll try 2 b there. might b a bit late

Chern Jie

Nov 13, 2013, 11:00:14 AM11/13/13
to hackerspacesg

Cheers,
Chern Jie

Gibson Tang

Nov 13, 2013, 2:57:16 PM11/13/13
to hacker...@googlegroups.com
Is there a way to rent a temp broadband box for 1 to 2 months until we get the wifi settled?

Chat: http://hackerspace.sg/chat

---

Regards
Gibson Tang
www.azukisoft.com

Kai Hendry

Nov 13, 2013, 7:42:12 PM11/13/13
to hacker...@googlegroups.com
On 14 November 2013 03:57, Gibson Tang <gib...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a way to rent a temp broadband box for 1 to 2 months until we get
> the wifi settled?

Wrong conversation Gibson
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/hackerspacesg/7JimXa5t2jg/kosfoBtJVh4J

Kai Hendry

Nov 13, 2013, 7:43:56 PM11/13/13
to hacker...@googlegroups.com
On 14 November 2013 00:00, Chern Jie <cher...@hackerspace.sg> wrote:
> Move completed, mission accomplished.
> https://plus.google.com/105615900125852376134/posts/7CxwpWDz1sD

Good work!! Now for KGB cleaning. I'll try clean some windows today. (no joke)

Roland Turner

Nov 13, 2013, 10:15:02 PM11/13/13
to hacker...@googlegroups.com
Nice work guys, thanks!

- Raz

Meng Weng Wong

Nov 13, 2013, 10:40:48 PM11/13/13
to hacker...@googlegroups.com
yes, thank you very much to the crew who spent so many hours doing this! it's so nice to see the space restored to its original potentiality.

i managed to take down most of the wire supports in the zone but couldn't manage a couple that were overtightened into the ceiling.

i look forward to helping to make the new space homey. i'll bring a laser distance measurer the next time i'm there, to build a sketchup plan with.

Chern Jie

Nov 14, 2013, 12:16:46 AM11/14/13
to hackerspacesg
I have created a floormap on autodesk's new web-based:
https://client.autocad360.com/content/edit.html?f74a044f909541b59151bf9cdb64e323

I have shared the document with Meng. Ping me if anyone else need access to that document.

Cheers,
Chern Jie

Kai Hendry

Nov 14, 2013, 1:19:54 AM11/14/13
to hacker...@googlegroups.com
On 14 November 2013 13:16, Chern Jie <cher...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have created a floormap on autodesk's new web-based:
> https://client.autocad360.com/content/edit.html?f74a044f909541b59151bf9cdb64e323
> I have shared the document with Meng. Ping me if anyone else need access to
> that document.

I wouldn't mind having a look. Wan measured up the place just now:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hendry/10849478905

Gibson Tang

Nov 14, 2013, 1:23:16 AM11/14/13
to hacker...@googlegroups.com
Same here

Chat: http://hackerspace.sg/chat

---

Aelindgard

Nov 15, 2013, 2:49:05 AM11/15/13
to hacker...@googlegroups.com
The CAD file is not there any more?

Chern Jie

Nov 15, 2013, 2:59:11 AM11/15/13
to hackerspacesg, hazwanb...@gmail.com

I have added you as a collaborator. Unfortunately they do not have a "public" sharing feature.

Cheers,
Chern Jie

Meng Weng Wong

Nov 15, 2013, 1:37:41 PM11/15/13
to hacker...@googlegroups.com
I have produced a sketchup file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/b51jqlk3a7j8dek/hsg-kgb.skp

Thanks all who helped with this tonight. Based on survey, we have 1202 sq ft.

20131116-02:24:58 mengwong@venice:~% units
586 units, 56 prefixes
You have: mm^2
You want: foot^2
* 1.076391e-05
/ 92903.04
You have: ^D
20131116-02:25:10 mengwong@venice:~% python
Python 2.7.5 (default, Aug 25 2013, 00:04:04)
[GCC 4.2.1 Compatible Apple LLVM 5.0 (clang-500.0.68)] on darwin
>>> 111671084.5 / 92903.04
1202.0175496948216

Vikram Verma

Nov 15, 2013, 10:17:14 PM11/15/13
to HackerspaceSG, Vikram Verma
On 2013-11-16, Meng Weng Wong wrote:
> Based on survey, we have 1202 sq ft.

According to [Relsqui's Equation][1][2], it'd take 135059 balls and cost
56,000SGD to fill the hackerspace with playpen balls.

[1]: http://www.chiliahedron.com/ballroom/
[2]: http://www.toysrus.com.sg/toysrus/specialoffer/jsp/newSGListProduct.jsp?individual_product=true&skn=930474

Meng Weng Wong

Nov 15, 2013, 10:33:04 PM11/15/13
to hacker...@googlegroups.com
What if we used a 3D printer?

Patrick Haller

Nov 15, 2013, 10:41:38 PM11/15/13
to hacker...@googlegroups.com
On 2013-11-16 11:33, Meng Weng Wong wrote:
> What if we used a 3D printer?

and filled the 3d print chamber with helium?

Alarice Soh

Nov 22, 2013, 1:34:49 AM11/22/13
to hacker...@googlegroups.com, Vikram Verma
On a side note,