How to use with AdWords?

vitamin

Oct 29, 2013, 10:15:47 AM10/29/13
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

How do I use an ad I created in GWD for one of my AdWords remarking campaigns??

I created a remarking AdGroup for display network only but don't understand how I can take advantage of the GWD ad I created?

Surely I'm missing something major here.  Do I need to join DoubleClick? orrrrr.  Please point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance

Naresh Rajkumar

Oct 31, 2013, 9:52:49 AM10/31/13
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
We are currently working on AdWords uploads for GWD created ads.
Please stay tuned for further updates.
-Naresh (GWD Team)

mikae...@gmail.com

Jan 17, 2014, 4:21:13 PM1/17/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
I saw a recent post redirected to this thread. I also created some awesome rich media ads with GWD in hope to be able to use them with AdWords.

Is there any word on the progress of this?

Or is there any workaround to use these ads in AdWords?

In the GWD's official website it's said "(GWD) makes it simple to publish ads through any platform". Not being tech savvy and new to advertising I thought AdWords was supported until I actually tried to publish the ad. After all these are both Google products.

I love the simplicity of GWD but I think integration with AdWords is a really needed key feature. Either way, I'm sure a lot of people would appreciate an update to this issue as a search for "adwords" brought up a few results and it was first popped out many months ago.

Yours,
Mikael

byron....@gmail.com

Jan 30, 2014, 7:12:13 AM1/30/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
There is a little known feature in AdWords called 3rd party ad-serving which needs to be enabled by your AdWords rep.

Even if you used DoubleClick Studio instead, you would still need this feature enabled.

If you were to write the GWD file into an IFrame like you do when you add it to a website, it should work through this feature (although I haven't tested it).

Message has been deleted

byron....@gmail.com

Jan 30, 2014, 7:29:44 AM1/30/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
We use it all the time for DoubleClick Studio - the feature basically just allows you to add code/script as an Ad in AdWords.

If you do not have a DoubleClick Campaign Manager account for DoubleClick Studio to us this feature as we have in the past, it is definitely worth a try to host these Ads and thus allow you to serve them across the GDN

vitamin

Jan 30, 2014, 7:30:52 AM1/30/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Good to know. But hoping its possible to use GWD natively with AdWords. Some of us don't use DoubleClick or any other third party.

byron....@gmail.com

Jan 30, 2014, 7:34:35 AM1/30/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
The beauty of this is that you don't need an ad-server, this AdWords feature just allows you to add code/script for serving as an Ad in AdWords.

I have an upcoming RM campaign next month, I'll try and get teh client to forgo DoubleClick and use strictly GWD to AdWords using the 3rd party ad-serving feature - will let you know how it goes.

vitamin

Jan 30, 2014, 7:59:25 AM1/30/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
oic! I think I misunderstood. Ill be waiting to see how it goes for you and thanks for the info. :))

Wonder why the GWD team didn't mention this possibility when I initially posed the Q?

Jaz

Feb 3, 2014, 2:48:49 PM2/3/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
We're currently beta testing Adwords uploads for GWD created ads. Check out our post here and if you're interested, fill out the Beta Tester form!
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/gwdbeta/8nBINHJvRjo/QGFn8DCB0DEJ

thx!
jaz

Jasmine Rogers
Program Manager, GWD

Jaz

Jun 30, 2014, 12:40:10 PM6/30/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

Now available: Upload your Google Web Designer HTML5 creatives into AdWords, and run them in your mobile campaigns. More GWD updates coming soon...stay tuned!

8/6/15 edit: Publish Locally instructions

lesli...@rosetta.com

Aug 6, 2015, 2:58:16 PM8/6/15
to Google Web Designer beta
Are there directions anywhere for this?

Need to publish the ad we built using GWD within Adwords. Frustratedddd

Jaz

Aug 6, 2015, 4:04:44 PM8/6/15
to Google Web Designer beta
Hi,

Yes, we have instructions here, you would Publish Locally and then upload to AdWords. Please make sure that you choose the ad environment AdWords when first creating the ad (the Generic environment will not upload).

thx!
jaz
Program Manager, GWD
This conversation is locked