*Wanted: Testers! Need to upload GWD ads to Adwords? Inquire within!*

Jaz

Feb 3, 2014, 1:52:53 PM2/3/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Hi GWD Community,

We've heard your requests for a GWD AdWords integration and we now have a beta test available. Our friends in AdWords are testing the ability to upload GWD ads directly into their system. We're kicking off a beta program with them and looking for interested users to test the functionality.

Interested? Fill out the Beta Tester form. Please read the information on the form carefully, as there are restrictions to the types of ads accepted in the Beta.

thx!
jaz

Jasmine Rogers
Program Manager, GWD

Jonnie Grieve

Feb 3, 2014, 1:59:51 PM2/3/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Fantastic!  I'd love to be part of this.  Will fill out the beta test form as such.  :-)

Jonnie

Jaz

Feb 3, 2014, 2:46:00 PM2/3/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Awesome Jonnie, we appreciate all your support and participation!!

vitamin

Feb 3, 2014, 3:01:49 PM2/3/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
I'm don't use DoubleClick but look forward to using GWD with my current AdWords account(s).  I would be up for creating some ads using GWD for my AdWords account for testing purposes if that helps at all.

Hoping the integration is sooner than later! ))

::crossing fingers::

Jaz

Feb 3, 2014, 3:06:31 PM2/3/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Thanks vitamin and yes, please sign up for the beta please! We need to fine tune the details before we can release a full integration, so your help is very much appreciated!

vitamin

Feb 3, 2014, 3:11:23 PM2/3/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
d' done!  ;)

a.gul...@gmail.com

Feb 11, 2014, 6:46:43 PM2/11/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Filled in! Hope to hear from you soon

Byron Banger

Feb 14, 2014, 4:56:49 AM2/14/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
So I applied for this and my account is going to be activated. One issue I have is that one of their requirements for adding this into AdWords is that "Web Resources Images are not support". So, basically, to use this feature I cannot load any images into my banner? Unless i have missed something, there is no way to 'store' a creative asset into the html file itself, so essentially and banners we serve to adwords could be text, color and anything we do with the pen tool?

Jaz

Feb 14, 2014, 12:41:53 PM2/14/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Hi Byron,

I'm asking my fellow PM on the AdWords side, I'll get back to you asap!

Jonnie Grieve

Feb 17, 2014, 12:44:46 PM2/17/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Yea i've had 2 goes at putting ads up to Adwords, one with images and other assets, both using the tap area component but both neither accept the html5 file or packaged zip file. Awaiting responses from the Adwords side to my feedback forms.

Obviously still some chinks in the armour to work out.  :-)

Jaz

Feb 18, 2014, 11:25:23 AM2/18/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I've checked in with AdWords and for this beta test, they cannot accept images or videos, so I would double check the criteria before requesting beta access. I noted this from their sign up form (bold, mine):

Please note: you must have selected 'DoubleClick Studio Rich Media' as your environment while creating the ads in Google Web Designer. It is also important to note that we cannot accept ads that include an image property from a web resource, ads that contain a video or map component, expandable ads or ads that include multiple exits at this time.

Byron Banger

Feb 18, 2014, 11:59:25 AM2/18/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jaz,

Thank you for confirming, much appreciated. I will then need to hold on testing this for now as there are no banners that I design does not contain images.

Regards,

Byron

Jonnie Grieve

Feb 18, 2014, 12:32:53 PM2/18/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Could there also be a problem with the tap area component?  Maybe it'd be worth manually coding a hyperlink in the interim.

Both my test ads are 920x78 size and only have the one tap area component in them!  The second one isn't the most exciting as I stripped out the images the second one.

Still hoping the Adwords team will get back to me soon!
jgdm-ad.zip
new-ad-jgdm.zip

Jaz

Feb 18, 2014, 4:47:50 PM2/18/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

Regarding images: I've just confirmed, while the beta test cannot support an image property from a web resource, we can support local images. Byron and Jonnie, can you try loading an ad with a locally saved image and let me know if you experience any issues?

thx

Jonnie Grieve

Feb 18, 2014, 5:09:26 PM2/18/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
I'll have another go tomorrow and keep my fingers crossed!  Best I can do at the moment I'm afraid! :-)

Doubleclick environment, check.
local images check,
under maximum file size, check
local images, check.

I haven't given up yet though.  ;)

Jonnie Grieve

Feb 19, 2014, 10:24:38 AM2/19/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Just attempted to upload the "safest" version of my ad and got "Invalid ad format."  But I have been contacted by the Adwords team so hopefully we'll start working things out soon!  :)

Tyler

Feb 19, 2014, 5:33:50 PM2/19/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Just found out about this Beta Test from our agency's AdWords representative. I hope it's not too late to sign up!

Jaz

Feb 19, 2014, 5:59:43 PM2/19/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tyler,

It's not too late, please fill out the beta test form when you get a chance!

thx

and...@bretoninteractive.com

Feb 24, 2014, 1:48:41 PM2/24/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Hey, I've signed up for the beta-test and have not heard back, how long does it take to hear back? I'll be creating ads with local images and web fonts, is this ok for the beta-test? feedback would be great! Cheers

and...@bretoninteractive.com

Feb 25, 2014, 7:39:13 AM2/25/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Jaz, is it still possible to sign up for the beta-test? I'm new to Adwords per say but would love the opportunity to design ads in GWD and integrate it into Adwords. I've filled out the beta-test form but haven't heard back. Would love a response so I can develop ads in a rich HTML environment.

Tyler

Feb 25, 2014, 11:21:49 AM2/25/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
I filled out the Beta Tester Form on the 19th and I also have not heard back yet, either acceptance or rejection.

Jonnie Grieve

Feb 25, 2014, 12:12:20 PM2/25/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
I was accepted a week after applying! Hang tight, I'm sure they'll get to you.   :)

Jaz

Feb 25, 2014, 12:31:07 PM2/25/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Hey Andrew and Tyler,

I'm checking on this now, I'll post an update as soon as I have more info.

thx!
jaz

Jaz

Feb 25, 2014, 1:20:33 PM2/25/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andrew and Tyler,

Alright so I have a quick update: we do have both submissions and they're being processed now. You should receive an email by end of week (although you may receive a communication from us as early as tomorrow afternoon).

I also checked on webfonts and unfortunately for this beta we are not accepting webfonts. I will be sure to let you know as soon as we lift any of the beta restrictions.

tyler....@g5searchmarketing.com

Feb 25, 2014, 2:59:06 PM2/25/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Jaz,

I just received the confirmation email. Thank you for looking into this. I'm excited to get started with GWD in my AdWords campaigns!

Tyler

Jaz

Feb 25, 2014, 3:05:25 PM2/25/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Woohoo, good stuff Tyler! Please let us know how everything goes via the forum or Twitter :-)

and...@bretoninteractive.com

Feb 25, 2014, 4:12:19 PM2/25/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
I'm still waiting to hear back, hopefully it won't take too long. Thanks guys.

Jaz

Feb 25, 2014, 5:29:39 PM2/25/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Yep they're still processing your beta request Andrew, you should hear by end of week. I'll keep an eye on it :-)

thx

Jonnie Grieve

Feb 27, 2014, 7:10:10 AM2/27/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
We're having a lot of trouble at the moment selecting zip files and uploading them to Adwords. And still trying to work out why. I don't know if anyone else has had trouble adding zipfiles to adwords for HTML5 campaigns?

Between me, my contact at the the Adwords team and the engineers, I'm just starting to wonder if someone at the engineeering end simply forgot to switch on the "Zip file button" for Adwords.   ;)

and...@bretoninteractive.com

Feb 28, 2014, 8:37:22 AM2/28/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
I MADE THE BETA-TEST!! WOOHOO!

Jaz

Feb 28, 2014, 11:55:58 AM2/28/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Woot woot! Happy Friday! Please be sure to give feedback on your experience!

Andrew

Mar 1, 2014, 11:37:31 PM3/1/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Where would I go to post some feedback / an issue with GWD? I'm not gearing up for a campaign or anything just yet - that's next week. Atm I'm merely going through the uses of GWD. But I don't seem to be able to "preview" in chrome, all I see is the first frame, there is no playback / animation whatsoever - is anyone else having this issue? I feel as though it could be a simple setting that I'm missing, if not could someone get back to me?

Jaz

Mar 4, 2014, 11:41:51 AM3/4/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Just a note: Andrew's issue is being worked on currently and updates can be found in this thread: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/gwdbeta/SrAKw81E6lM/yY4wbPX4q6cJ

thx!

Jonnie Grieve

Mar 14, 2014, 3:52:32 PM3/14/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
I'm excited to tell you all I've just uploaded my first ads to Adwords and I'm looking forward to  starting some proper campaigns being driven by GWD  :D

There was a bug in the system that's today been fixed and you should now be able to able to upload your zip files to Adwords.

There are 2 options for image ads, you can select either  (I've tested them both,  you can preview your Ad as it will appear, select a campaign group and you're all set.

Exciting times!   :)

Jaz

Mar 14, 2014, 4:55:14 PM3/14/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Woohoo! Very exciting Jonnie!

Yes, the AdWords team is amazing and it was great to work with them so closely and see the awesome changes pushed out so quickly! Please feel free to share links and info with us as you move through the process.

thx

mark...@gisa.de

Apr 29, 2014, 4:08:14 AM4/29/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

i would love it to be a part of this Test.

Hope to hear from you.

BR
Martin Stolz

Jaz

Apr 29, 2014, 12:09:00 PM4/29/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Hi Martin!

We've closed the beta for now, but please stay tuned for news very soon :-)

Jaz

Jun 30, 2014, 12:29:56 PM6/30/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Now available: Upload your Google Web Designer HTML5 creatives into AdWords, and run them in your mobile campaigns. More GWD updates coming soon...stay tuned!

thx!

guil...@comsurf.com.br

Mar 31, 2015, 8:44:47 PM3/31/15
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
How does it work? I can't find any option to publish my HTML5 to AdWords.

Best,

Jaz

Apr 1, 2015, 12:02:54 PM4/1/15
to gwd...@googlegroups.com