Upload to Studio?

Derek Skinner

Oct 29, 2013, 4:27:02 PM10/29/13
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Hey all,

I have been working with Google Web Designer for the first time and I have run into a problem previewing my creative in Studio. It previews and functions correctly using the "Preview" in GWD, but the "Preview" inside of Studio does not appear.

Here are my steps:
I finished building an HTML5 expandable ad in Google Web Designer, then published a zip file out of GWD. I then take that zip file, uploaded it into Studio and everything seems to go fine(no errors, all counters/exits are there, etc.), but when I switch the to "Preview" tab inside of Studio, no preview is actually appearing. I either get a continuous loading animation, or an SSL Error(chrome only).

Any ideas on what could be causing this?

Many thanks in advance!

William Grose

Oct 29, 2013, 4:47:00 PM10/29/13
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Hi Derek,
Can you point to the url for the creative in Studio?
Thanks,
Will

William Grose

Oct 29, 2013, 4:50:30 PM10/29/13
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Hi Derek,
Does it work if you load studio using http?
We're working on getting preview working under https but not there yet.
Thanks,
Will

Andrew

Mar 2, 2014, 12:27:52 AM3/2/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
If I'm reading this correctly, I'm getting a similar problem, but not from exporting just from GWD itself, I can preview / play on the timeline, i can "preview" in firefox browser without issue but i get nothing in chrome, just the first frame, no animation, nothing. Same SSL error. and this is just simply for previewing what I've animated, there are no links / exits, or anything.

Andrew

Mar 4, 2014, 1:37:47 PM3/4/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
I managed to fix my own issue,

All I did was clear my cache / history / cookies etc, and I remade a couple of elements in GWD - I narrowed the issue down to a button. once I remade it (with the same settings) the animation worked across all three browsers.

I'm not sure if this is going to solve your issue, but it did the trick for me.