CappuccinoGWT

cbruno

Jan 27, 2012, 4:03:50 PM1/27/12
to Google Web Toolkit
GWT users,

Ive launched a repository for a GWT UI framework im building, called
CappuccinoGWT:

https://bitbucket.org/clbruno/cappuccinogwt

It does not use the standard GWT widgets, just the compiler and the
clientbundle tools to create efficient javascript output. Like
Cappuccino, CappuccinoGWT is inspired by Cocoa and uses the Aristo
theme as default. Source code examples will be posted soon.

Please let me know if you think this is interesting/somthing you would
consider using. It helps keep me motivated.

Thanks

Chris Bruno

Alain Ekambi

Jan 27, 2012, 5:25:08 PM1/27/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Good wor is always welcome.
Keep it up :)

kim young ill

Jan 27, 2012, 6:10:31 PM1/27/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
looks very promising.
nice work.

divStar

Jan 27, 2012, 9:57:03 PM1/27/12
to Google Web Toolkit
Looks really nice. I wish GWT had a slider-widget itself. Besides: it
looks very nice in terms of the looks. I don't know about how easy/
intuitive it is to use it. Maybe I've missed it, but if you could
include some really simple examples on what I need to do in order to
implement that framework into my application, it'd be really helpful
(I'm not very well versed in terms of using frameworks on top of GWT -
I use pure GWT most of the time).

jgindin

Jan 30, 2012, 11:10:21 AM1/30/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
I'm quite interested, especially in the dual-handle slider widget.

Under which license are you providing this code?

jay

Chris Bruno

Jan 30, 2012, 1:42:46 PM1/30/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
I will be posting sample code soon. The only downside is you cannot use standard gwt widgets within the view framework.

  You can go the other way, however, use a component from cappgwt with a standard gwt layout/panel. You can wrap the component in an absolute panel.

The plan is to release under apache license.

Sent from my iPhone

Jim Douglas

Jan 30, 2012, 4:40:19 PM1/30/12
to Google Web Toolkit
FWIW, the GWT incubator has slider and progress bars (technically
"had"; it's no longer supported). It's probably not as simple as just
adding a jar file, but I've been using tweaked versions of them for a
few years now (currently on GWT 2.4.0).

http://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit-incubator/wiki/SliderBar
http://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit-incubator/wiki/ProgressBar