superdevmode when working with multiple projects

Marius Grama

Jun 28, 2012, 11:47:58 AM6/28/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I've downloaded gwt 2.5.0 RC1 SDK and successfully worked with it for testing super devmode on a GWT helloworld application.
Then i've tried to test super devmode on a more complex project structure:
- my.gwt.web.module.standard
- common.gwt.web.module
- another.common.gwt.web.module

When I start the CodeServer I get this exception:

workDir: C:\Users\mga\AppData\Local\Temp\gwt-codeserver-3445187718077539929.tmp
binding: user.agent=safari
binding: compiler.useSourceMaps=true
binding: locale=en
Compiling module nts.wincash.webapplication.repairmanager.RepairManager
   Finding entry point classes
      [ERROR] Unable to find type 'common.gwt.client.MyEntryPoint'
         [ERROR] Hint: Check that the type name ' common.gwt.client.MyEntryPoint ' is really what you meant
         [ERROR] Hint: Check that your classpath includes all required source roots
com.google.gwt.core.ext.UnableToCompleteException: (see previous log entries)
at com.google.gwt.dev.codeserver.Recompiler.compile(Recompiler.java:93)
at com.google.gwt.dev.codeserver.ModuleState.<init>(ModuleState.java:52)
at com.google.gwt.dev.codeserver.CodeServer.start(CodeServer.java:88)
at com.google.gwt.dev.codeserver.CodeServer.main(CodeServer.java:51)
[ERROR] Compiler returned false

I've added the source directories of all dependent GWT projects in the classpath.

In my main module .xml file I've added the following properties:
<set-property name="compiler.useSourceMaps" value="true">
</set-property>

<add-linker name="xsiframe" />
<set-configuration-property name="devModeRedirectEnabled"
value="true" />

Can anyone help with some sugestions on how to get rid of the compiler problem?

Thanks in advance.

Thomas Broyer

Jun 28, 2012, 12:17:03 PM6/28/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Brian Slesinsky said not so long ago that the way they use it at Google is that they pass the source folders as '-src' arguments rather than on the classpath (where you'd only have the compiled classes), and loading sources from the classpath was actually untested.

Marius Grama

Jun 28, 2012, 12:32:40 PM6/28/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Thomas for the quick answer.

The problem was on my side. I've done the helloworld application through a GWT wizard and there the source folder was src/. On the other hand the bigger application I'm working on uses a Maven source layout, src/main/java.
I've modified this on the run configuration for the CodeServer and now it goes further. I stumble in some GIN problems, but this has to do with some inconsistencies with GWT 2.5 that I have on the application. After fixing them I'll try once again to run super devmode.

Thomas Broyer

Jun 28, 2012, 12:37:03 PM6/28/12

On Thursday, June 28, 2012 6:32:40 PM UTC+2, Marius Grama wrote:
Thanks Thomas for the quick answer.

The problem was on my side. I've done the helloworld application through a GWT wizard and there the source folder was src/. On the other hand the bigger application I'm working on uses a Maven source layout, src/main/java.
I've modified this on the run configuration for the CodeServer and now it goes further. I stumble in some GIN problems, but this has to do with some inconsistencies with GWT 2.5 that I have on the application. After fixing them I'll try once again to run super devmode.

I'll add support for SuperDevMode in the gwt-maven-plugin as soon as gwt-codeserver is published on Central.

Dennis Haupt

Jun 28, 2012, 12:45:43 PM6/28/12