GWT + GAE separate DB connection question

jmbz84

Sep 30, 2012, 1:54:19 PM9/30/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I am developing a project and I am using GWT and  Google App Engine to store data in the cloud. What I need is to connect to a web based Mysql (or any Relational Database) obtain some data and then upload it to GAE, is it possible to connect to 2 different DataSources within the same app? Ej: GWT+GAE+Mysql

The other option is to connect GWT with two separate GAE apps , I need the Datasources to be in separate places, is it possible?

I'm using Eclipse to develop this

Thank You

Manuel Carrasco Moñino

Oct 1, 2012, 5:52:53 AM10/1/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
The response is yes, you can connect your gwt client app to different servers via ajax, but you have to be aware about the same-origin constrain.
Said that, firstly you have to set the url of your client request to the appropriate server for each request, and secondly you have to configure your server to accept cross domain requests (CORS).

Another option is to use a server as a proxy of the other one.

- Manolo