Java's "Write Once, Run Anywhere" for Mobile with GWT is Here!

Alfredo Quiroga-Villamil

Aug 29, 2011, 12:28:47 PM8/29/11
to Google Web Toolkit
All:

We are really happy to announce the addition of GWT4Titanium Mobile to
our suite of available products.

With a 100% implementation of the Appcelerator's API for Titanium
Mobile, it has never been easier to develop cross platform mobile
applications and all from the convenience of your Titanium Studio IDE
in Java. Reuse all the GWT techniques you are already familiar with.

- Write native applications for Android and IOS in Java using GWT and
Titanium.
- I18N Support.
- GWT-RPC, RequestFactory as well as RequestBuilder for your Ti Mobile
Apps.
- Dependency Injection support via GIN.
- JSON and XML to POJOs support.
- Event Bus support.

Would you like to find out more? Visit us at:

http://www.emitrom.com/gwt4timobile

Happy Coding from the Emitrom Team!

leandro borbosa

Aug 29, 2011, 12:50:14 PM8/29/11
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Is nt this the same as in the gwt4air(http://code.google.com/p/gwt4air/) project ?

Alfredo Quiroga-Villamil

Aug 29, 2011, 12:56:20 PM8/29/11
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Hello Leandro:

Yes, Emitrom is the commercial arm of our products. We offer both open source as well as support now.

Regards,

Alfredo
--
Alfredo Quiroga-Villamil

AOL/Yahoo/Gmail/MSN IM:  lawwton

Thomas Broyer

Aug 29, 2011, 1:26:16 PM8/29/11
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
So, just to make things clear: "Namor Kambo" from your about page == Alain Ekambi == "nino" ?

BTW, forcing people to "create an account" (what for?) so they're allowed to download a "product" is not really the best way to get them involved; particularly if the mail containing the password isn't delivered within the next 5 minutes.

Oh, and the source code for the TiMobileLinker is missing (which violates the GPL).

Alfredo Quiroga-Villamil

Aug 29, 2011, 1:41:52 PM8/29/11
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Hello Thomas:

Yes indeed, long story; but yes it's a running joke here between us. We are talking about Alain.

Bear with us as we will slowly try to make things easier and better. We truly appreciate you catching up that we missed the linker class, it was under a different package and we simply just missed it in the build. Nothing fancy there, it'll be included right away.

Please feel free to reach out if you have any other concerns or suggestions.

Regards,

Alfredo

Alain Ekambi

Aug 29, 2011, 3:58:10 PM8/29/11
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Hi Thomas, Hi Leandro, Hi all

Indeed i joined forces with the Emitrom team to provide not only  better products in the future but also the professional support that s goes with it.
@Emitrom we trully believe in Open Source that a why all our products are open and free to use under GPL.

Like Fredo said before sorry about the missing code in the Linker. This shoud be fixed now.

We have more new things coming in the next days/weeks and we are looking forward to get your inputs.

Cheers,

Alain

2011/8/29 Alfredo Quiroga-Villamil <law...@gmail.com>

Gal Dolber

Aug 29, 2011, 4:19:35 PM8/29/11
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
This still have a great problem, we need to compile on every change, and we cannot debug in java.

I am not even sure if its possible to solve that problems.

Any plans?
Guit: Elegant, beautiful, modular and *production ready* gwt applications.

http://code.google.com/p/guit/

Alain Ekambi

Aug 29, 2011, 4:27:16 PM8/29/11
to google-we...@googlegroups.com

Well this is part of the things coming in the next days/weeks.
Stay tuned  :)

gwt.user

Aug 29, 2011, 5:14:52 PM8/29/11
to Google Web Toolkit
I personally rather have an official company backing up a project then
open person running a free time project.
I also wont mind registering if the product is worth it.

I said id before this is a really interesting GWT module and i ll
definitly took a look at it.

@Alain
I ve been following you work since gwt4air 1.0 and i really admire the
stuff you are coming up with.
It s the work of people like you that makes GWT an unique and the best
framework out there.
I mean who could have thought that we will be able to write native IOS
and Android apps with Java(GWT) one day :) ?

Keep up the good work.

Cheers,

Alain

On Aug 29, 10:27 pm, Alain Ekambi <jazzmatad...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Well this is part of the things coming in the next days/weeks.
> Stay tuned  :)
>
> 2011/8/29 Gal Dolber <gal.dol...@gmail.com>
>

> > This still have a great problem, we need to compile on every change, and we
> > cannot debug in java.
>
> > I am not even sure if its possible to solve that problems.
>
> > Any plans?
>
> > On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 4:58 PM, Alain Ekambi <jazzmatad...@googlemail.com
> > > wrote:
>
> >> Hi Thomas, Hi Leandro, Hi all
>
> >> Indeed i joined forces with the Emitrom team to provide not only  better
> >> products in the future but also the professional support that s goes with
> >> it.
> >> @Emitrom we trully believe in Open Source that a why all our products are
> >> open and free to use under GPL.
>
> >> Like Fredo said before sorry about the missing code in the Linker. This
> >> shoud be fixed now.
>
> >> We have more new things coming in the next days/weeks and we are looking
> >> forward to get your inputs.
>
> >> Cheers,
>
> >> Alain

Alain Ekambi

Aug 30, 2011, 11:22:38 AM8/30/11
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
@gwt.user
Thank you  for you kind words.
I really appreciate it.

The download section at www.emitrom.com  does not require registration anymore. Please feel free to check it out.
We are looking forward to hearing your inputs.

Cheers

Ivan Chappel

Aug 30, 2011, 11:29:15 AM8/30/11
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Busted! gwt.user is yet another alias for "Namor Kambo" aka "jazzmatadazz" aka "Alain Ekambi" aka "nino".

gwt.user -  You signed your mail as Alain instead of your fake name. Quite funny actually since you respond to @Alain and sign "Alain". I'm sure you have a quick explanation for this :)

btw good job plagiarizing Thomas' work and I'm glad he called you out on it.

Thomas Broyer

Aug 30, 2011, 11:45:20 AM8/30/11

On Tuesday, August 30, 2011 5:29:15 PM UTC+2, Ivan Chappel wrote:
btw good job plagiarizing Thomas' work and I'm glad he called you out on it.

That's not plagiarizing, that's entirely allowed by the Apache License (and maybe I should have chosen another license that'd have protected me from re-licensing); and gwt-in-the-air was almost dead (for many reasons, the main reason being that "HTML5" gives you almost all I expected from Adobe AIR).

Also, AFAICT, there's no code from gwt-in-the-air in gwt4timobile, and Emitrom hasn't yet released gwt4flex.

Alain Ekambi

Aug 30, 2011, 11:45:38 AM8/30/11
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Please :),
People  that really know me also know i dont need this.
Please check http://code.google.com/p/gwt4air/wiki/Credit to see that i give Thomas all the credits he deserves for his work on gwt-in-the-air.
 And i also have been mentioning Thomas work every where i can.
Go and check www.emitrom.com,  http://code.google.com/p/gwt4air, and http://code.google.com/p/easy-gwt/ and you ll see that this is more then plagiarizing anybodys work.
you are really welcome to help us get our products better. If not you are also welcome to ignore them.

Bless.

Alain Ekambi(The real one)

Alfredo Quiroga-Villamil

Aug 30, 2011, 12:04:54 PM8/30/11
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Hello Ivan:

False accusations are typically called defamation.  And if you are going to get into that game, please be prepared to respond for such a terrible accusation. As Alain suggested, you are welcome to participate or ignore if you don't like the things we are trying to create.

Thank you Thomas for clarifying things for Ivan.

Regards,

Alfredo

gwt.user

Aug 30, 2011, 2:52:31 PM8/30/11
to Google Web Toolkit
@Ivan
Do i sence a litlle jealousy goin on ?
Or do you just need some attention ?

What about you building or even plagiarize anything usefull so someone
can also talk about you ?
Now let me sign with "Alain" again so you have something to talk about.
(Because you cant think by yourself that this was a copy and paste
mistake)

Alain
> > > GWT API for  non Java based platformshttp://

Michael Allan

Aug 30, 2011, 8:18:17 PM8/30/11
to Google Web Toolkit
gwt.user wrote:
> @Ivan Do i sence a litlle jealousy goin on ? Or do you just need
> some attention ?

Ivan appears to have jumped to conclusions. Nobody knows your
identity because you have chosen to hide it behind the alias
gwt....@yahoo.fr. At the same time, you are busy advocating for
gwt4air, and not doing much else besides:

http://groups.google.com/groups/profile?enc_user=WK90gxEAAADsCgaXI-fgOhh6AnhOxWv09H2X7Ff3dK7InhkhG5y-QQ
http://www.google.ca/search?q="gwt.user%40yahoo.fr"

I beg your pardon, but these two facts make you an unreliable source
of information in this particular thread.

--
Michael Allan

Toronto, +1 416-699-9528
http://zelea.com/

gwt.user

Aug 31, 2011, 2:28:39 AM8/31/11
to Google Web Toolkit
@Michael
Since you have been searching about my posts then you must also have
seen that i said we do a lot of flex/air development at my company.
And we were looking for a way to do that with GWT. If you know
another project that enables that please feel free to let me know.I ll
be "preaching" that one also.

Besides that take a closer look at those links of yours and you will
see my real name in there

Last but not least this here is about Gwt4Titanium Mobile. What about
focusing on that ? If you guyz have nothing to say about it, that s
your right. Like the Emitrom guyz said just ignore the post.

P.S
"I beg your pardon, but these two facts make you an unreliable source
of information in this particular thread.".
Great. i m really impressed by your work as detective.

On Aug 31, 2:18 am, Michael Allan <m...@zelea.com> wrote:
> gwt.user wrote:
> > @Ivan Do i sence a litlle jealousy goin on ?  Or do you just need
> > some attention ?
>
> Ivan appears to have jumped to conclusions.  Nobody knows your
> identity because you have chosen to hide it behind the alias
> gwt.u...@yahoo.fr.  At the same time, you are busy advocating for
> gwt4air, and not doing much else besides:
>
> http://groups.google.com/groups/profile?enc_user=WK90gxEAAADsCgaXI-fg...http://www.google.ca/search?q="gwt.user%40yahoo.fr"
>
> I beg your pardon, but these two facts make you an unreliable source
> of information in this particular thread.
>
> --
> Michael Allan
>
> Toronto, +1 416-699-9528http://zelea.com/

Navindian

Aug 31, 2011, 2:41:00 AM8/31/11
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
I have developed google maps based application in GWT. The architecture being used here is GWT+RPC+Spring+AOP+Oracle DB.
I wish to put one more view on Android and iphone application. any thoughts?

Thanks
Navindian

Alfredo Quiroga-Villamil

Aug 31, 2011, 8:31:18 AM8/31/11
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Hello Navindian:

You can do this pretty easily since we have already implemented it in the API. This is supported today for Android, iPad and iPhone. Below is a small snippet of what it would look like:

        Window mainWindow = UI.createWindow();
        mainWindow.setTitle("My Map");

        final MapView mapView = Map.createMapView();
        mapView.setMapType(Map.STANDARD_TYPE);
        mapView.setRegion(Region.newInstance(35.823483, -78.825562, 0.5, 0.5));
        mapView.setAnimate(true);
        mapView.setRegionFit(true);

        mainWindow.open();
        mainWindow.show();

There are a bunch of goodies too, for example annotate locations, update the map on the fly, zoom in, zoom out, etc. You can also send a web service call to your backend service and receive the response and act accordingly,

Regards,

Alfredo

Alfredo Quiroga-Villamil

Aug 31, 2011, 8:35:50 AM8/31/11
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
And yes, add the map to the window. In this case.

        mainWindow.add(mapView);

Regards,

Alfredo

Alfredo Quiroga-Villamil

Aug 31, 2011, 8:46:26 AM8/31/11
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Here is a screenshot of what it looks like.

Regards,

Alfredo
Screen shot 2011-08-31 at 8.45.11 AM.png

Michael Allan

Sep 3, 2011, 12:00:42 PM9/3/11
to Google Web Toolkit
gwt.user wrote:
> Besides that take a closer look at those links of yours and you will
> see my real name in there

I decided to follow your advice and take a closer look. I found one
thread of yours particularly informative, as it concerns a feature of
an Emitrom product that you were apparently unaware of:
http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit/t/5724a1dee172cc8e

Since you first became active on the Internet just over 3 months ago,
every one of your posts has been a plug for an Emitrom product.
http://groups.google.com/groups/profile?enc_user=WK90gxEAAADsCgaXI-fgOhh6AnhOxWv09H2X7Ff3dK7InhkhG5y-QQ

Here is a quote from each:

05-17. this is just amazing !!

05-17. How did you implement the animation

05-18. everything works great

05-18. i came accross this project here gwt4air and i could not
believe my eyes

05-19. Starting a fight ? What fight ?

05-23. By the way have you ever thought about selling this to
Adobe?

05-26. If i could come up with only half of the ideas poeple like
you have

05-31. How do i use RPC with the gwt4air Flex API?

06-04. I m trying to add a google maps in my application

06-08. How did you do that ?

06-14. We need to be able to access physical files system from GWT
application. Does anyone have any suggestions?

06-15. Does anyone has any other recommendation?

06-15. Applet ? What s that ? :)
Either you use HTML5 API (really limited) or flash(gwt4air)

06-24. Amazing component. I ve been looking for something like for
a long time now

06-25. But i will put gwt4air in that list.

08-13. Great Job like alsways Alain

08-29. Alain I ve been following you work since gwt4air 1.0 and i

really admire the stuff you are coming up with.

Please do not take offense. I doubt that anyone can benefit further
from these one-sided recommendations, least of all the folks at
Emitrom. You may want to get a new alias.

--
Michael Allan

Toronto, +1 416-699-9528
http://zelea.com/