Firefox 12 release

James Wendel

Apr 24, 2012, 3:00:18 PM4/24/12
to Google Web Toolkit
Looks like Firefox 12 was released: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all.html

Any word on getting a GWT plugin that is compatible with it?

Thanks,
-James

Qian Qiao

Apr 24, 2012, 3:40:57 PM4/24/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com

This question gets asked every time when there's a new Firefox release.

Please search the list for similar topics on Firefox 5/6/7/8/9/10/11 and swap 12 for the version number.

-- Joe

James Wendel

Apr 24, 2012, 3:46:42 PM4/24/12
to Google Web Toolkit
I'm well aware of the other threads that exist. But these thread
tends to act as a central place for people to go to see if a build of
the GWT plugin is available. Alan has been very helpful in previous
few FF releases on getting us new plugin builds within a day or 2.

I'm just sitting and waiting for Alan or another Googler to say they
have a build or are working on it. I'm not in any real rush, just
wanted to get the ball rolling.

Gal Dolber

Apr 24, 2012, 4:15:38 PM4/24/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Fuck that, someone send a death threat to Ray Cromwell to release the super draft mode!

.. just joking (not really)

Guit: beautiful gwt applications

https://github.com/galdolber/Guit

Alan Leung

Apr 24, 2012, 4:20:47 PM4/24/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
I am working on it :)

Qian Qiao

Apr 24, 2012, 5:02:49 PM4/24/12

On Apr 25, 2012 3:46 AM, "James Wendel" <jmwe...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm well aware of the other threads that exist.  But these thread
> tends to act as a central place for people to go to see if a build of
> the GWT plugin is available.  Alan has been very helpful in previous
> few FF releases on getting us new plugin builds within a day or 2.
>
> I'm just sitting and waiting for Alan or another Googler to say they
> have a build or are working on it.  I'm not in any real rush, just
> wanted to get the ball rolling.

I'm not annoyed by the threads asking for the progress the plugin. I'm more annoyed by Firefox itself.

One would thought that if they were to do rapid releases, at least they'd think of a way to provide compatibility with old plugins...

Olivier Scherler

Apr 25, 2012, 2:17:30 AM4/25/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Why don’t people either:

– Turn off auto-update in Firefox* if they use it to develop in GWT? I
think it’s been proven that the only major thing these releases have
is their version number increment, so why the rush to update?

– Use Chrome to develop in GWT? I never had a single problem with the
GWT plugin since I started development.

* I _think_ they finally managed in version 11 to make a mechanism
that actually doesn’t still update Firefox behind your back at the
first opportunity if you explicitly disabled auto-update, assuming you
properly sacrificed a weighted companion cube using an adequate
garbage incinerator and the correct ritual.

Olivier

Thomas Broyer

Apr 25, 2012, 4:52:55 AM4/25/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Mozilla wants to deprecate extensions with binary components (it's not the same thing as plugins!), and having to recompile for each new version is an incentive to trying to find alternative ways (e.g. super draft/dev mode).

Thomas Broyer

Apr 25, 2012, 4:56:36 AM4/25/12

On Wednesday, April 25, 2012 8:17:30 AM UTC+2, Olivier Scherler wrote:
Why don’t people either:

– Turn off auto-update in Firefox* if they use it to develop in GWT? I
think it’s been proven that the only major thing these releases have
is their version number increment, so why the rush to update?

Or install a "portable" version that you use only for development.

– Use Chrome to develop in GWT? I never had a single problem with the
GWT plugin since I started development.

You're lucky apparently:

Alan Leung

Apr 25, 2012, 4:20:07 PM4/25/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Let me know if you see any problems: http://acleung.com/ff12-linux32.xpi

More to come.

-Alan

Alan Leung

Apr 25, 2012, 9:41:51 PM4/25/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com

Have fun!

-Alan

Ashwin Desikan

Apr 26, 2012, 12:43:12 AM4/26/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Alan,

Receiving 403 (forbidden) error while trying to access the 64 bit xpi file. 32-bit version has no such issues

Thanks
Ashwin

Sent from my iPhone

Alan Leung

Apr 26, 2012, 1:37:11 AM4/26/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Sound be fixed now.

Alan Leung

Apr 26, 2012, 4:37:58 AM4/26/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Mac universal binary:

-Alan

Dimitrijević Ivan

Apr 26, 2012, 5:04:57 AM4/26/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Tested on Max OS X.
Works OK!

Thanks Alan!
-Alan

Sound be fixed now.

-Alan

-Alan

Fabricio Pizzichillo

Apr 26, 2012, 6:14:23 AM4/26/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Alan!!!

2012/4/26 Dimitrijević Ivan <dim...@gmail.com>
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/google-web-toolkit/-/DwbyNmqHy28J.

Marcel Stör

Apr 26, 2012, 9:45:52 AM4/26/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
What about Windows?

Mark Piergrossi

Apr 26, 2012, 3:04:10 PM4/26/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
I second that - for Windows.

Daniel Dunér

Apr 26, 2012, 8:12:41 PM4/26/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Allan, you are a hero!

Windows? Heh.. how quaint.

On Thursday, April 26, 2012 3:45:52 PM UTC+2, Marcel Stör wrote:
What about Windows?

Alan Leung

Apr 26, 2012, 8:38:05 PM4/26/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
http://acleung.com/ff12-win.xpi

That should cover all the OS'es. I am going to put together all that and check it in soon.

Let me know if you run into problems.

-Alan

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 6:45 AM, Marcel Stör <mar...@frightanic.com> wrote:
What about Windows?

yassine

Apr 27, 2012, 7:39:06 AM4/27/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
works perfect on ubuntu 11.10 thanks.

mark

Apr 26, 2012, 11:45:43 AM4/26/12
to Google Web Toolkit
Can you also create the Windows xpi? Thanks man.

Jason Hobbs

Apr 27, 2012, 8:42:01 AM4/27/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
I can confirm that Win 7 32bit is working.  Thank you!

On Thursday, April 26, 2012 8:38:05 PM UTC-4, Alan Leung wrote:
http://acleung.com/ff12-win.xpi

That should cover all the OS'es. I am going to put together all that and check it in soon.

Let me know if you run into problems.

-Alan

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 6:45 AM, Marcel Stör <mar...@frightanic.com> wrote:
What about Windows?

Privileged and/or confidential information may be contained in this message. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or are not responsible for delivery of this message to that person) , you may not copy or deliver this message to anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message and notify the sender by reply e-mail.
If you or your employer do not consent to Internet e-mail for messages of this kind, please advise the sender.
Shaw Industries does not provide or endorse any opinions, conclusions or other information in this message that do not relate to the official business of the company  or its subsidiaries.

Jason Hobbs

Apr 27, 2012, 10:51:15 AM4/27/12
to Google Web Toolkit
Win7 32bit confirmed working. Thank You!

Piergrossi, Mark J

Apr 30, 2012, 10:23:13 AM4/30/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com

Alan:

Just wanted to say thank you man. The plug-in works great. It is a shame that Google couldn’t create these in a timely manner. Your effort is greatly appreciated – especially from those of us that have to get real work done.

Mark

Paul Robinson

Apr 30, 2012, 10:37:40 AM4/30/12
On 30/04/12 15:23, Piergrossi, Mark J wrote:

Alan:

Just wanted to say thank you man. The plug-in works great. It is a shame that Google couldn’t create these in a timely manner. Your effort is greatly appreciated – especially from those of us that have to get real work done.

Alan is a Google employee. The real shame is what Firefox is doing.

Paul

Roger Studner

Apr 30, 2012, 10:40:44 AM4/30/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Agreed… right now the giant issue is Mozilla/Firefox.

If Firebug didn't exist, I imagine nobody would use Firefox anymore.  It is that simple.

Roger

Mark Piergrossi

Apr 30, 2012, 12:01:26 PM4/30/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Roger:

I agree with the opinion that excessive FireFox releases are hard to keep up with. Our FireFox constraint is due to customer demand. All of our large telecommunication customers standardize on FireFox through out their company for it's stability (the majority also run Windows clients).

Mark

Dimitrijević Ivan

Apr 30, 2012, 2:45:56 PM4/30/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com