Re: GWT 2.5 RC1 Is Here!

Alain Ekambi

Jun 27, 2012, 5:50:00 PM6/27/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Super !!!!

2012/6/27 Rajeev Dayal <rda...@google.com>
Hey all,

We're excited to announce the GWT 2.5 Release Candidate! Read about it on the GWT Blog, and download it here (bottom of the page). The RC has been uploaded to Maven Central with the version string of 2.5.0-rc1.

Please give it a try and let us know your feedback! Also, many thanks to all of you for your contributions. Without your help, we wouldn't have had a GWT 2.5 release at all!

-Rajeev, on behalf of the GWT team

Handw

Jun 27, 2012, 6:16:31 PM6/27/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
So good to hear this news. Thank you GWT team.

Dharmesh

Jun 27, 2012, 9:07:48 PM6/27/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com, google-we...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Rajeev.

Sent from my iPad

Ido

Jun 28, 2012, 3:09:00 AM6/28/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Thanks!!

Hiroshi YAMAMOTO

Jun 28, 2012, 6:57:50 AM6/28/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Congrat!

 Elemental library sounds unnecessarily cool. But how do you think there're 4 "Element" classes/interfaces in the same toolkit :P. I'm very excited. This is very important library for everyone of us. I see Dart style source code generators in there. interesting. And improved code splitter is nice as well. I have see what is going to happen on my fairly large app with 80+ split points. Looking forward to play with it tonight.

Thanks.
-Hiroshi

Marius Grama

Jun 28, 2012, 10:08:16 AM6/28/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Can you please anounce when will there be the eclipse plugin containing the GWT 2.5.0 RC1 SDK  available ?

Thanks for the new release.

Albert Attard

Jun 28, 2012, 10:56:28 AM6/28/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for sharing this and well done.

What version of Java does this work with?  Does it support Java 7 code?

Albert

Cristian Rinaldi

Jun 28, 2012, 11:15:25 AM6/28/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
The plugin is here!!!!
it is not yet on page.

Thanks GWT Team!!!!!

AUS. Cristian Rinaldi
Co-founder

Mobile: (+54) 9 (342) 5 238 083
Email: cristian...@logikas.com
Skype: csrinaldi
Site: www.logikas.com
Google Plus
Logikas +Page

______________________________

eco No me imprimas si no es necesario. PROTEJAMOS EL MEDIO AMBIENTE

AVISO LEGAL:

Esta informacion es privada y confidencial y está dirigida únicamente a su destinatario. Si usted no es el destinatario original de este mensaje y por este medio pudo acceder a dicha información por favor elimine el mensaje. La distribución o copia de este mensaje está estrictamente prohibida. Excepto que se haya establecido de otra forma, esta comunicación es sólo para propósitos de información y no debe ser considerada como propuesta, aceptación ni como una declaración de voluntad oficial de Logikas "Conectando Ideas" . La transmisión de e-mails no garantiza que el correo electrónico sea seguro o libre de error. Por consiguiente, no manifestamos que esta información sea completa o precisa. Toda información está sujeta a alterarse sin previo aviso.

2012/6/28 Albert Attard <albert...@gmail.com>

image002.gif

Thomas Broyer

Jun 28, 2012, 12:34:58 PM6/28/12

On Thursday, June 28, 2012 4:56:28 PM UTC+2, Albert Attard wrote:
Thanks for sharing this and well done.

What version of Java does this work with?  Does it support Java 7 code?

No, Java 6 only.

(you should be able to use a JDK 7, but you can only use Java 6 the language: -source 1.6 -target 1.6)

Stefano Ciccarelli

Jun 28, 2012, 12:47:12 PM6/28/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Our project compiles in 9 minutes with GWT 2.4 and 17 minutes with GWT 2.5.rc1.
I think this is not acceptable to save only a 10% in Javascript size.

--
Inviato con Sparrow

Il giorno mercoledì 27 giugno 2012, alle ore 22:39, Rajeev Dayal ha scritto:

Hey all,

We're excited to announce the GWT 2.5 Release Candidate! Read about it on the GWT Blog, and download it here (bottom of the page). The RC has been uploaded to Maven Central with the version string of 2.5.0-rc1.

Please give it a try and let us know your feedback! Also, many thanks to all of you for your contributions. Without your help, we wouldn't have had a GWT 2.5 release at all!

-Rajeev, on behalf of the GWT team

Juan Pablo Gardella

Jun 28, 2012, 12:49:46 PM6/28/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
And if use draft mode is more slow too?

Dennis Haupt

Jun 28, 2012, 1:21:08 PM6/28/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
same here. enabling the closure compiler almost doubles the compilation
time. but i don't care, i only have to run the compiler in this mode
before a release. the code server takes about 10 seconds to handle a
change in the same app.

Am 28.06.2012 18:47, schrieb Stefano Ciccarelli:
> Our project compiles in 9 minutes with GWT 2.4 and 17 minutes with GWT
> 2.5.rc1.
> I think this is not acceptable to save only a 10% in Javascript size.
>
> --
> Inviato con Sparrow <http://www.sparrowmailapp.com/?sig>
>
> Il giorno mercoled� 27 giugno 2012, alle ore 22:39, Rajeev Dayal ha
> scritto:
>
>> Hey all,
>>
>> We're excited to announce the GWT 2.5 Release Candidate! Read about it
>> on the GWT Blog
>> <http://googlewebtoolkit.blogspot.com/2012/06/gwt-2.html>, and
>> download it here
>> <http://developers.google.com/web-toolkit/download> (bottom of the
>> page). The RC has been uploaded to Maven Central with the version
>> string of 2.5.0-rc1.
>>
>> Please give it a try and let us know your feedback! Also, many thanks
>> to all of you for your contributions. Without your help, we wouldn't
>> have had a GWT 2.5 release at all!
>>

>> -Rajeev, on behalf of the GWT team
>>
>> --
>> http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit?hl=en.

JoseM

Jun 28, 2012, 1:34:19 PM6/28/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Can we use this with the existing gwt maven plugin or do we need to use a newer version/build or own?

saida dhanavath

Jun 28, 2012, 1:33:42 PM6/28/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
WOW!  great Congrats! GWT Team.

Regards,
Saida.

--
Regards,
Saida Dhanavath

Stefano Ciccarelli

Dennis Haupt

Jun 28, 2012, 2:19:00 PM6/28/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
since it's a java app - can you profile it? there should be a pretty
obvious reason, may be massive garbage collection?

Am 28.06.2012 19:40, schrieb Stefano Ciccarelli:
> My times are with closure disabled!!! And code server takes never less
> than two minutes to compile a single permutation of the same app.
>
> --
> Sent with Sparrow <http://www.sparrowmailapp.com/?sig>

Barop, Johannes

Jun 28, 2012, 2:28:46 PM6/28/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
You can use the 2.4-plugin. You have to use the new version if you
want to use the new features/compiler flags.

J.

2012/6/28 JoseM <jose.a....@gmail.com>:
> --
> For more options, visit this group at

Johannes Barop - Softwareentwicklung & Beratung
Alsterdorfer Straße 573
DE-22335 Hamburg

E-Mail: j...@barop.de
Tel.: +49 40 807 907 37
Fax : +49 40 807 907 39
Mobil: +49 176 491 551 38

Web: http://www.barop.de

Steuernummer: 49/012/01566
Umsatzsteuer-Identifikationsnummer gemäß §27 a Umsatzsteuergesetz: DE271106292

Thad

Jun 28, 2012, 3:41:29 PM6/28/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Full ARIA coverage. Hurrah!

On Wednesday, June 27, 2012 4:39:07 PM UTC-4, Rajeev Dayal wrote:
Hey all,

We're excited to announce the GWT 2.5 Release Candidate! Read about it on the GWT Blog, and download it here (bottom of the page). The RC has been uploaded to Maven Central with the version string of 2.5.0-rc1.

Rajeshwar Mishra

Thomas Broyer

Jun 29, 2012, 3:59:52 AM6/29/12

On Thursday, June 28, 2012 7:34:19 PM UTC+2, JoseM wrote:
Can we use this with the existing gwt maven plugin or do we need to use a newer version/build or own?

Message has been deleted

wytten

Jul 9, 2012, 9:00:37 AM7/9/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
For some reason our app often fails to load when using the xsiframe linker.
When 2.5.0 releases will the default linker be supported for Super Dev Mode?

Thanks!

harish saharan

Jul 25, 2012, 1:54:26 AM7/25/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
hey all,

                          I am using GWT 2.5 RC and i am having      java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.google.gwt.core.client.GWTBridge
can anyone help me .............

Jens

Aug 22, 2012, 3:18:41 AM8/22/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
hey all,

                          I am using GWT 2.5 RC and i am having      java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.google.gwt.core.client.GWTBridge
can anyone help me .............

If its a server side issue make sure you have gwt-servlet.jar in your WEB-INF/lib folder updated to GWT 2.5 RC.

-- J.

Thomas Broyer

Aug 24, 2012, 10:04:04 PM8/24/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com

On Wednesday, August 22, 2012 4:23:53 AM UTC+2, rajar wrote:

More of a question than reply. What is the future of GWT after 2.5 ?

Governance of the project will then switch to the Steering Committee. We already planned a bunch of big changes (switch to Git, switch to Maven, modularize, cleanups –remove long-time-deprecated methods–, etc.) but haven't yet talked about any release schedule (when would 2.6 come and what it would contain).

We are using GWT and wanted to decide whether to change all our GWT modules to javascript .

If that decision is only based on FUD about GWT's future, I'd first wait for GWT to actually "die" (which I believe won't happen).

Rahul

Sep 13, 2012, 4:10:54 AM9/13/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
I starting using 2.5RC now in my local testing with GWTP, GWT-Bootstrap. Superdev is fast! Reduced compile time considerably. Though, setting up is a bit of pain.

Any ideas when is 2.5 getting released? Looking fwd to it. Keep up the good work

Thomas Broyer

Sep 13, 2012, 4:52:18 AM9/13/12

On Thursday, September 13, 2012 10:10:54 AM UTC+2, Rahul wrote:
I starting using 2.5RC now in my local testing with GWTP, GWT-Bootstrap. Superdev is fast! Reduced compile time considerably. Though, setting up is a bit of pain.

Any ideas when is 2.5 getting released? Looking fwd to it. Keep up the good work

RC2 should hit the street next week, with the final release by the end of month, roughly.

Rahul

Sep 13, 2012, 4:58:32 AM9/13/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Great. Looking forward to it!

jones34

Sep 21, 2012, 2:39:12 PM9/21/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Great news. Congrats GWT team!

Juan Carlos Aranda

Sep 21, 2012, 3:21:03 PM9/21/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Somebody please can tell me how to install the  gwt-2.5.0.rc1.zip in Eclipse Juno ?

I downloaded the file.

Thanks

Pd. Excuseme my English.

2012/9/21 jones34 <ljw...@gmail.com>

Juan Carlos Aranda
Inteligencia de Negocios

Samyem Tuladhar

Sep 25, 2012, 8:59:26 AM9/25/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Is the 2.5 release still on track? Still only seeing rc1.

Thanks,

Jens

Sep 25, 2012, 9:45:54 AM9/25/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com