BigBill has a newbie question...

23 перегляди
Перейти до першого непрочитаного повідомлення

BigBill

не прочитано,
23 лист. 2011 р., 22:35:0723.11.11
Кому: Google Web Toolkit, williamfa...@comcast.net
Hi all,

Just wrote this in an email but I thought I would try a discussion
thread too. I'm new to GWT and going through an excercise in a GWT
book for the HelloWorld application. I've gotten to the part where
I'm trying to create a new HTML page using Eclipse (Helios). When I
fill in all the information in the Create New HTML Page wizard and
click the Finish button, nothing happens! I can click the button over
and over again and nothing. Do I need to upgrade Eclipse or do I need
to change something in GWT? What? I'm sure this must have happened
to someone else by now...

Please help, it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
BigBill

Lukasz Plotnicki

не прочитано,
25 лист. 2011 р., 11:06:0225.11.11
Кому: google-we...@googlegroups.com, williamfa...@comcast.net
Wouldn't it be easier to just use the eclipse GWT wizard for a new GWT project - which will create a well documented, simple project containing all the basic stuff which you can run and analyse and therefore understand quite quickly... (I'm assuming that you installed the google plugin for eclipse)

Jens

не прочитано,
25 лист. 2011 р., 11:45:4325.11.11
Кому: google-we...@googlegroups.com, williamfa...@comcast.net
Currently there is a bug in the Eclipse Plugin's "Create New HTML Page" wizard. It throws an exception when you try to click on the finish button (you can see the exception in Eclipse Error Log view).

There is already an issues in GWTs issue tracker: http://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit/issues/detail?id=6338

In the mean time you can create a (second) new GWT project using the GWT Eclipse plugin and while creating it check the "Generate project sample code" option at the bottom of the wizard. You can then copy the generated index.html file into your project and change the <script src="..."> tag so it points to the correct JavaScript file of your project.

-- J.

Dennis Haupt

не прочитано,
25 лист. 2011 р., 13:36:1525.11.11
Кому: google-we...@googlegroups.com
same goes for intellij which

- doesn't have a gui builder
but
+ offers javascript support for inline javascript.

i advise reading some tutorials, too. the vogella one was pretty simple
and worked at my first try:

http://www.vogella.de/articles/GWT/article.html

> --

Відповісти всім