Additional plugins are required to display all the media on this page - Firefox 10.0.2

Jee

Feb 24, 2012, 4:52:07 AM2/24/12
to Google Web Toolkit, sunda...@gmail.com
Hi,

When I attempt to load my gwt application in firefox 10.0.2 with the
plugin installed I still get the screen telling me to install the
plugin. I also got message at the top of page saying "additional
plugins are required to display all media on this page" .The same gwt
application is loading properly in IE without need plugin install.

I need to solve this problem using gwt program. Do we have any
possible way to deal this issue with firefox. I do not need to press
install button in firefox browser for each browser to getting issue
solved.
I am new to plugin concept. Request you to suggest and guide me.

Thanks
Jee

Thomas Broyer

Feb 24, 2012, 4:55:25 AM2/24/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com, sunda...@gmail.com

Jee

Feb 24, 2012, 5:40:06 AM2/24/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com, sunda...@gmail.com
Thanks Broyer.

Do we have any possible way to deal this an issue with gwt program level. Because we don't want user press button(Install missing button) for every firefox browser.
Strictly we planning to avoid this kind of issue with browser. Is there any possibility better approach to avoid plugin issues before loading gwt application.

Thanks
-Jee

Tony Edgin

Feb 24, 2012, 11:16:04 AM2/24/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
The plugin is only for development mode. The deployed app does not
use it, so your users won't ever be asked to install it.

Cheers.
Tony

> --
> For more options, visit this group at

Tony Edgin
Software Architecture and Design Leader
LBT Observatory
933 N. Cherry Ave., Tucson AZ 85721-0065
p:520-626-8951, c:520-419-8821, f:520-626-9333

Jee

Feb 27, 2012, 6:19:11 AM2/27/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Edgin.

When I attempt to load my gwt application in firefox 10.0.2. I got plugin missing (Additional plugins are required to display all the media on this page) error message in top of the page, the same message shown for chrome browser also but not happened for IE browser.
How could we solve that an issue using gwt coding level?

On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 03:40, Jee <sunda...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Broyer.
>
> Do we have any possible way to deal this an issue with gwt program level.
> Because we don't want user press button(Install missing button) for every
> firefox browser.
> Strictly we planning to avoid this kind of issue with browser. Is there any
> possibility better approach to avoid plugin issues before loading gwt
> application.
>
> Thanks
> -Jee
>
> --

> google-web-toolkit+unsub...@googlegroups.com.

> For more options, visit this group at

Tony Edgin
Software Architecture and Design Leader
LBT Observatory
933 N. Cherry Ave., Tucson AZ 85721-0065
p:520-626-8951, c:520-419-8821, f:520-626-9333

On Friday, February 24, 2012 9:46:04 PM UTC+5:30, Tony Edgin wrote:
The plugin is only for development mode.  The deployed app does not
use it, so your users won't ever be asked to install it.

Cheers.
Tony

On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 03:40, Jee <sunda...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Broyer.
>
> Do we have any possible way to deal this an issue with gwt program level.
> Because we don't want user press button(Install missing button) for every
> firefox browser.
> Strictly we planning to avoid this kind of issue with browser. Is there any
> possibility better approach to avoid plugin issues before loading gwt
> application.
>
> Thanks
> -Jee
>
> --

> google-web-toolkit+unsub...@googlegroups.com.

> For more options, visit this group at

Tony Edgin

Feb 28, 2012, 11:12:26 AM2/28/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Maybe I misunderstood you earlier. What plugin do Firefox and Chrome
say is missing?

>> > google-we...@googlegroups.com.

>> > google-web-tool...@googlegroups.com.

>> > google-we...@googlegroups.com.

>> > google-web-tool...@googlegroups.com.

>> > For more options, visit this group at
>> > http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit?hl=en.
>>
>> --
>> Tony Edgin
>> Software Architecture and Design Leader
>> LBT Observatory
>> 933 N. Cherry Ave., Tucson AZ 85721-0065
>> p:520-626-8951, c:520-419-8821, f:520-626-9333
>

> --

> google-web-tool...@googlegroups.com.

Jee

Feb 29, 2012, 7:54:37 AM2/29/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com

Plug in missing message -
Additional plugins are required to display all the media on this page - Firefox 10.0.2 version and Google Chrome 15.0.874.121
this plug in message is mainly looking for "windows media player plugin"
But this plug in install message not displayed in IE browser

>> > google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.

>> > google-web-toolkit+unsub...@googlegroups.com.

>> > google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com.

>> > google-web-toolkit+unsub...@googlegroups.com.

>> > For more options, visit this group at
>> > http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit?hl=en.
>>
>> --
>> Tony Edgin
>> Software Architecture and Design Leader
>> LBT Observatory
>> 933 N. Cherry Ave., Tucson AZ 85721-0065
>> p:520-626-8951, c:520-419-8821, f:520-626-9333
>
> --

> google-web-toolkit+unsub...@googlegroups.com.

> For more options, visit this group at

Tony Edgin

Feb 29, 2012, 10:38:45 AM2/29/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
I'm sorry. I can't help you. Maybe someone else can.

>> > --

>> > google-we...@googlegroups.com.

>> > google-web-tool...@googlegroups.com.

>> > For more options, visit this group at
>> > http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit?hl=en.
>>
>> --
>> Tony Edgin
>> Software Architecture and Design Leader
>> LBT Observatory
>> 933 N. Cherry Ave., Tucson AZ 85721-0065
>> p:520-626-8951, c:520-419-8821, f:520-626-9333
>
> --

> google-web-tool...@googlegroups.com.

Thomas Broyer

Feb 29, 2012, 10:48:43 AM2/29/12

On Wednesday, February 29, 2012 1:54:37 PM UTC+1, Jee wrote:

Plug in missing message -
Additional plugins are required to display all the media on this page - Firefox 10.0.2 version and Google Chrome 15.0.874.121
this plug in message is mainly looking for "windows media player plugin"

So that's nothing to do with GWT.

But this plug in install message not displayed in IE browser

Because that plugin is necessarily installed in IE (just like QuickTime is "installed" in every Safari on a Mac), otherwise IE cannot play any kind of audio or video (unless going through Flash): that'd be a pretty bad out-of-the-box user experience, isn't it?