Help with SuperDevMode

David Sauvier

Sep 11, 2012, 1:11:56 PM9/11/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
I have :

<add-linker name="xsiframe"/>
<set-configuration-property name="devModeRedirectEnabled" value="true"/>

in my gwt.xml

SuperDevMode starts no-problem, compile app regular way, start regular dev mode.

Always getting "Can't find any GWT Modules on this page." Is as if the xsiframe linker isn't redirecting.

I've tried all variations of adding -bindAddress 0.0.0.0 in the SuperDevMode run config as well as the apps run config.

I also tried all variations with regards to the ordering of start dev server, start app in regular dev mode, compile app.

I still can not get the app to connect to SuperDevMode, appreciate any ideas...

Thomas Broyer

Sep 11, 2012, 1:46:38 PM9/11/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
It's either Super Dev Mode or Dev Mode, not both at the time (DevMode is fine for its embedded HTTP server, but do not use the browser plugin, i.e. no ?gwt.codesvr)
Message has been deleted

David Sauvier

Sep 11, 2012, 2:26:37 PM9/11/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for getting back, for some reason my latest post was deleted...

I understand about not using the browser plugin (I think). I'm not using ?gwt.codesvr in the URL.

These are the URL's that I have tried: http://localhost:8888/ and http://127.0.0.1:8888/

I'm able to access the app with these URL's if Dev Mode is running (I'm going to use DevMode for embedded HTTP Server) , but if it is not (i.e. only Super Dev Mode) I can not access with those URL's (it's not found).

Also, If I go to "GWT Code Server" via http://127.0.0.1:9876/ or http://localhost:9876 I'm able to access "GWT Code Server"

When I'm in Code Server I see my app link and when I click it all the .js files. However, if I click "Dev Mode On" I always get "Can't find any GWT Modules on this page."

I'm trying this with the example GWT app that gets generated in Eclipse when you start a new GWT project, so it's a simple GWT App.

Juan Pablo Gardella

Sep 11, 2012, 2:28:21 PM9/11/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Are you "drag" the button Dev mode on at the tab where you start the application?

2012/9/11 David Sauvier <da...@sauvier.com>

Message has been deleted

David Sauvier

Sep 11, 2012, 2:49:58 PM9/11/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
That was it, Thanks Juan!

I have to pay better attention to the instructions, but none the less. This maybe helpful to someone down the line??

Appreciate it!

Juan Pablo Gardella

Sep 12, 2012, 10:05:39 PM9/12/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Are you "drag" Dev mode on on the tab where you open the application?

2012/9/11 David Sauvier <da...@sauvier.com>
Thanks for getting back. I understand, I'm not using ?gwt.codesvr in the url.

I'm using          http://127.0.0.1:8888/        and I've also tried               http://localhost:8888/

I'm able to access the app with these URL's, but no matter what I seem to do, can not get it to connect to SuperDev server? i.e. Always "Can't find any GWT Modules on this page."

This is what SuperDev Console is giving:

workDir: C:\Users\DEDELS~1\AppData\Local\Temp\gwt-codeserver-8886403358265793204.tmp
binding: user.agent=safari
binding: compiler.useSourceMaps=true
binding: locale=en
Compiling module com.dve.SuperDevTest
   Compiling 1 permutation
      Compiling permutation 0...
      Source Maps Enabled
   Compile of permutations succeeded
Linking into C:\Users\DEDELS~1\AppData\Local\Temp\gwt-codeserver-8886403358265793204.tmp\com.dve.SuperDevTest\compile-1\war\superdevtest; Writing extras to C:\Users\DEDELS~1\AppData\Local\Temp\gwt-codeserver-8886403358265793204.tmp\com.dve.SuperDevTest\compile-1\extras\superdevtest
   Link succeeded
   Compilation succeeded -- 7.412s
Compile completed in 8130 ms
2012-09-11 13:46:20.792::INFO:  Logging to STDERR via org.mortbay.log.StdErrLog
2012-09-11 13:46:20.792::INFO:  jetty-6.1.x
2012-09-11 13:46:20.793::INFO:  Started SelectChann...@127.0.0.1:9876

The code server is ready.
Next, visit: http://localhost:9876/