Ultimate GWT + GAE + Datanucleus + Eclipse + Maven Guide

Benjamin Possolo

Jan 7, 2013, 7:23:13 AM1/7/13
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Hey all,

I wrote this guide on setting up a project that uses GAE, GWT, Datanucleus, Eclipse and Maven.
It is a case study of a complicated project and should be useful to those of you wishing to move to a Maven-based build system.

Benjamin

Brandon Donnelson

Jan 7, 2013, 5:24:20 PM1/7/13
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Wow, great article. Nice job!

Benjamin Possolo

Jan 10, 2013, 3:51:19 PM1/10/13
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Thank you! It took me quite a while.

Does your project have a similar setup?

Brandon Donnelson

Jan 10, 2013, 3:55:59 PM1/10/13
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
I was starting to work on a maven archetype for appengine guice jpa, but I found it was a little painful trying to find the right maven configuration and not double binding the datanucleus. Seems you found a nice way of doing it plus you documented it very nicely. :) I've got a couple projects using jpa and wanted to convert them to maven and I thought it might be useful to setup a maven archetype.

Have a good day,
Brandon Donnelson

On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 12:51 PM, Benjamin Possolo <bpos...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thank you! It took me quite a while.

Does your project have a similar setup?

Brandon Donnelson

Jan 13, 2013, 1:49:29 AM1/13/13
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
I started an archetype for sonatype for quick setup. Thanks for your article I was able to get the datanucleus right. That is so it was double bound, which was the most annoying challenge. My first archetype was with basic app engine. My next goal is to integrate with GWT.

Benjamin Possolo

Jan 13, 2013, 2:45:01 AM1/13/13
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Awesome! The archetype is a great idea!

Brandon Donnelson

Jan 13, 2013, 3:19:12 AM1/13/13
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Thanks. :) Once I get the domain added to sonatype, I'll test and release it.

Have a good day,
Brandon Donnelson