GeoMap to display Taiwan / China region confused

Aisling

Mar 23, 2011, 7:20:54 AM3/23/11
to Google Visualization API
I would like to point out some strange behaviour around displaying
Taiwan and China on the geomap visualisation.
If you set China to be the region (region: 'CN'), it highlights
Taiwan, and doesn't highlight China - instead dividing it into
regions.
Also, when you select Taiwan to be the region to center on, it
highlights Taiwan, then when you mouse over Taiwan, it highlights
China too. When you highlight China it doesn't highlight Taiwan.
I know there might be some political issues here, but I would like the
highlighting to be more consistent.

Regards,
Aisling.

------ Most basic code needed to see this behaviour - load it up and
click on China or Taiwan ------
var geomap;
var data;
var options = {dataMode : 'regions', region: 'world'};
function drawVisualization() {
data = new google.visualization.DataTable();
data.addRows(6);
data.addColumn('string', 'Country');
data.addColumn('number', 'Popularity');
data.setValue(0, 0, 'Germany');
data.setValue(0, 1, 200);
data.setValue(1, 0, 'United States');
data.setValue(1, 1, 300);
data.setValue(2, 0, 'Brazil');
data.setValue(2, 1, 400);
data.setValue(3, 0, 'Canada');
data.setValue(3, 1, 500);
data.setValue(4, 0, 'France');
data.setValue(4, 1, 600);

geomap = new google.visualization.GeoMap(
document.getElementById('visualization'));
geomap.draw(data, options);
google.visualization.events.addListener(geomap, 'regionClick',
regionHandler);

}

function regionHandler(e){
options.region=e['region'];
geomap.draw(data, options);
}

ChartALot

Mar 23, 2011, 9:04:01 AM3/23/11
to google-visua...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for reporting, we will look into the issue.

Matt Nuttall

Jan 6, 2012, 7:17:46 PM1/6/12
to google-visua...@googlegroups.com
Hi ChartALot;
Have you guys fixed this one yet? I've just noticed that TJ (Tajikistan) is displaying as Taiwan in Central Asia. Yikes!
Thanks -- Matt

Matt Nuttall

Jan 8, 2012, 6:32:24 PM1/8/12
to google-visua...@googlegroups.com
Ah, ChartAlot -- I had a typo in one of my database files: Central Asia is in great shape and I apologize!
Matt