Automating deployment

AppEngineUser

Apr 13, 2010, 5:58:33 PM4/13/10
to Google App Engine
Hey folks..

I would like to charge a small fee for deployment of my application on
a user's account. Currently I have a page setup that describes the
process of creating an App Engine account and inviting me as a
developer so I could perform the deployment. I would like to automate
one part of this process to enable immediate app deployment. This is
the accepting of the developer invitation on my behalf.

Is this possible? Here is the general outline of what I want to
accomplish:

1. User creates App Engine account, registers an application and
invites me as a developer
2. User pays for the deployment on my website, which requests a URL
on my home server
3. My home server checks my email for an invite, accepts the invite
and uses appcfg.py to perform the install.

Any tips?

Rajkumar Radhakrishnan

Sep 8, 2011, 3:49:30 AM9/8/11
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

If you are looking for automating new deployments, it is possible that what you need is actually a Marketplace for Google App Engine apps. Do not forget to star that feature request.

Thanks & Regards,
R.Rajkumar

Build online database applications, over Google App Engine.
iFreeTools Creator - http://creator.ifreetools.com

Daniel Florey

Sep 8, 2011, 5:24:17 AM9/8/11
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
we are doing exactly the process you describe.
Have a look at our market, you can install our Shared Groups for free (30 days trial) to see how the deployment works.

Cheers,
Daniel

Rajkumar Radhakrishnan

Sep 8, 2011, 5:53:03 AM9/8/11
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi Daniel,

I guess you are referring/respondin to the first message from "anekdotz.support". I checked out your app and I see that you require your customers to follow the steps in a setup wizard which involves sign up for Google App Engine, inviting developer, etc.,.

My second message in this thread is to request for automating the steps and making things easier, via a Marketplace for Google App Engine apps. I believe such an option will make the process easier for your customers too.

Thanks & Regards,
R.Rajkumar

Daniel Florey

Sep 8, 2011, 9:36:22 AM9/8/11
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I indeed was referring to the "accept invitation" problem.

Ralph Juliano

Oct 19, 2012, 10:04:41 PM10/19/12
to google-a...@googlegroups.com

Drake