SMALLEST and FASTEST Template Engine on Python

Ayan Debnath

Apr 25, 2012, 5:36:34 AM4/25/12
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Dear Friends,

Can you please suggest me which one is the SMALLEST and FASTEST template engine for Google App Engine on Python2.5 and Python2.6 ?

I am looking for the SMALLEST and FASTEST.

Thank you
Ayan Debnath

Takashi Matsuo

Apr 25, 2012, 6:09:07 AM4/25/12
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ayan,

I have not tried it myself yet, but how about tenjin?
http://www.kuwata-lab.com/tenjin/

Besides that, if you can use python2.7 runtime, jinja2 is now bundled
in the SDK, and should be fast thanks to its bytecode cache, which is
only available with python2.7 runtime.

However, in most cases, the difference here might be negligible
compared to the cost of various RPCs.

-- Takashi

> --

Takashi Matsuo | Developer Advocate | tma...@google.com | 03-6384-9224

Anand Mistry

Apr 29, 2012, 9:07:43 AM4/29/12
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Also, jinja2 has C-accelerated escaping (via markupsafe) in python27, which should add to the speed.

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 6:36 PM, Ayan Debnath <ios...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Friends,
>

> Can you please suggest me which one is the SMALLEST and FASTEST template
> engine for Google App Engine on Python2.5 and Python2.6 ?
>
> I am looking for the SMALLEST and FASTEST.
>
> Thank you
> Ayan Debnath
>
> --

> For more options, visit this group at