App Engine Chat Time!

Jason

Mar 17, 2009, 7:33:31 PM3/17/09
to Google App Engine
Hi Everyone!

Every first and third Wednesday of the month, the App Engine team
hosts IRC Chat Time, an opportunity for you to get answers to your App
Engine-related questions in real-time.

Here's the schedule:
- Every FIRST Wednesday of the month from 7:00 to 8:00 p.m. PDT
- Every THIRD Wednesday of the month from 9:00 to 10:00 a.m. PDT

So our schedule for the next few months looks like:
- March 18, 9:00-10:00 a.m. PDT
- April 1, 7:00-8:00 p.m. PDT
- April 15, 9:00-10:00 a.m. PDT
- May 6, 7:00-8:00 p.m. PDT
- May 20, 9:00-10:00 a.m. PDT

These chat sessions take place on the #appengine channel on
irc.freenode.net. For a list of IRC clients, see the following URL:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_IRC_clients for a helpful

We welcome all App Engine-related questions and we will try to answer
as many as we can in the hour session.

See you there!
- Jason

Kilohoku150

Apr 8, 2009, 3:25:24 PM4/8/09
to Google App Engine
Another chat client in addition to Google Chat? Can't we just use
what we already have as GMail or Google Apps for Domain users?

tommytastic

May 8, 2009, 5:12:22 AM5/8/09
to Google App Engine
Will a transcript of the last chat session by published ? I couldn't
make it unfortunately.
thanks

On Mar 18, 12:33 am, Jason <apija...@google.com> wrote:
> Hi Everyone!
>
> Every first and third Wednesday of the month, the App Engine team
> hosts IRC Chat Time, an opportunity for you to get answers to your App
> Engine-related questions in real-time.
>
> Here's the schedule:
> - Every FIRST Wednesday of the month from 7:00 to 8:00 p.m. PDT
> - Every THIRD Wednesday of the month from 9:00 to 10:00 a.m. PDT
>
> So our schedule for the next few months looks like:
> - March 18, 9:00-10:00 a.m. PDT
> - April 1, 7:00-8:00 p.m. PDT
> - April 15, 9:00-10:00 a.m. PDT
> - May 6, 7:00-8:00 p.m. PDT
> - May 20, 9:00-10:00 a.m. PDT
>
> These chat sessions take place on the #appengine channel on
> irc.freenode.net. For a list of IRC clients, see the following URL:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_IRC_clientsfor a helpful

Jason (Google)

May 11, 2009, 2:35:48 PM5/11/09
to google-a...@googlegroups.com

LI Daobing

May 18, 2009, 9:19:28 PM5/18/09
to Google App Engine

On May 12, 2:35 am, "Jason (Google)" <apija...@google.com> wrote:

> > > Here's the schedule:
> > > - Every FIRST Wednesday of the month from 7:00 to 8:00 p.m. PDT
> > > - Every THIRD Wednesday of the month from 9:00 to 10:00 a.m. PDT
>
> > > So our schedule for the next few months looks like:
> > > - March 18, 9:00-10:00 a.m. PDT
> > > - April 1, 7:00-8:00 p.m. PDT
> > > - April 15, 9:00-10:00 a.m. PDT
> > > - May 6, 7:00-8:00 p.m. PDT
> > > - May 20, 9:00-10:00 a.m. PDT

PDT means UTC-7.

bd_

Jun 18, 2009, 12:21:39 PM6/18/09
to Google App Engine

On May 11, 2:35 pm, "Jason (Google)" <apija...@google.com> wrote:
> Already posted:http://groups.google.com/group/google-appengine/browse_thread/thread/...

When will the June 3 transcripts be posted?

medecau

Jul 8, 2009, 7:56:25 AM7/8/09
to Google App Engine
Is the 01/07/2009 dev chat transcript online?

If not can someone make it available.

Thanks.

Gideon

Jun 15, 2011, 4:30:00 PM6/15/11
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
i   think   that   helpt  me   a    litter    thank   you

Jeff Schnitzer

Jun 16, 2011, 12:53:24 PM6/16/11
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
HelpedALitter.jpg

Chiguireitor

Jun 17, 2011, 9:20:45 AM6/17/11
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Itz haz teh codez!

Gideon

Jun 19, 2011, 10:31:10 AM6/19/11
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
I    know   someone   who    can    make    it   avaribibale"

.

Simon Baker

Jun 27, 2011, 9:03:40 PM6/27/11
to google-a...@googlegroups.com, alli.wi...@nuffie.co.nz
Hi All,

I have a question for anyone who can steer me in the right direction.

I'm the CEO of www.CricHQ.com, we are a sports application using Google App Engine.

We have a couple of challenges in using GAE, that might mean we have to move away from this technology. We don't want to as have invested heavily in GAE to date, but really need some support from Google to help us with some more of the complex challenges that we are going to face in the next few months.

As a bit of back ground, over the next five years, the plan is to store and manage the data for what could be up to and over 10,000,000 participants. Not only do we intend storing all of the career statistics but also allowing for analysis of dimensions and metrics of this data. So really in business terms we are building a huge datawarehouse and intend allowing our 10,000,0000 players to conduct fine grain analysis and trend mapping etc.

Ideally we'd like to have someone who we can contact in a formal way to seek advice and support.

I welcome anyones, introductions or ideas as to how we might be able to find the right team or persons to assist us.

Kind Regards Simon

TWiemann

Jul 4, 2011, 9:12:36 AM7/4/11
to google-a...@googlegroups.com, alli.wi...@nuffie.co.nz
Hi All,

i've got a short question: does the Chat Time still exist? I'd like to join you and i hope to find some answers for some questions using Google App Engine.

Thanks a lot!

Theres
Germany

Robert Schuppenies

Jul 6, 2011, 2:02:29 PM7/6/11
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Yes, chat time is still there:
"""

irc.freenode.net. For a list of IRC clients, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_IRC_clients.

We welcome all App Engine-related questions and we will try to answer
as many as we can in the hour session.

Next one is today.

Message has been deleted

zzBrett

Jul 28, 2011, 11:37:27 AM7/28/11
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone,

I am self funding a startup business that I am looking to have built on Google App Engine and am looking for a back end developer who can develop the entire back end to the a site that pulls data from the Facebook API upon users accepting permissions.

My budget for this project is $8,000.  If anyone here is interested, please contact me directly at

Thank you,
Brett

Ian Wilson

Aug 2, 2011, 5:11:40 AM8/2/11
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi Brett,

I have just finished a Facebook App built on Google App Engine and am currently engaged with another client to build their Facebook App.
I would be happy to take a look at your requirements and discuss the project in more detail.

You can contact me at [my first name] at [emotionai.com]

Regards,

Ian

Austin Marquez-Nixon

Nov 15, 2011, 3:43:31 PM11/15/11
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Can any one help me I have a Fewz questions

Austin Marquez-Nixon

Nov 18, 2011, 2:10:18 PM11/18/11
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
I am un able to login to web site using my appengine when on google chrome and I log in to my gmail mail account for example and then I open a new tab and go to check my gmail but it requires me to login in again so I do but when I click login the page is blank so i push refresh and it has me logging in again this is the same for face book and almost all my other internet acounts.

Ron Malen

Dec 19, 2011, 8:52:52 PM12/19/11
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
We have been receiving the SERVER ERROR message for over a month. Your server keeps reporting a down condition for our application. This application was running for over 8 months with no problem nothing was changed. What has google changed that causes our app to stop running? I can't see how you can claim 99% uptime on your equipment.

The link is http://uniworld.ffwdwebconnect.com/login.jsp

Ikai Lan (Google)

Dec 20, 2011, 1:43:32 PM12/20/11
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Ron,

Your app is a free app that is way over datastore ops quota. You're receiving "server error" because you need to enable billing and raise the quota.

--
Ikai Lan

On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 5:52 PM, Ron Malen <rma...@ffwdwebconnect.com> wrote:
We have been receiving the SERVER ERROR message for over a month. Your server keeps reporting a down condition for our application. This application was running for over 8 months with no problem nothing was changed. What has google changed that causes our app to stop running? I can't see how you can claim 99% uptime on your equipment.

The link is http://uniworld.ffwdwebconnect.com/login.jsp

Ron Malen

Dec 20, 2011, 7:20:57 PM12/20/11
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Ok, Are you sure that will fix the problem? How do I setup billing and enable the application?

Andreas

Dec 21, 2011, 8:49:03 AM12/21/11
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Message has been deleted

Ron Malen

Dec 27, 2011, 4:34:24 PM12/27/11
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
How do i do that? How do I get to the admin console? Has it been moved?
Ron

Ron Malen

Dec 27, 2011, 3:59:01 PM12/27/11
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
HOW DO I DO THAT?

Brent Cowgill

Jan 12, 2012, 11:40:16 AM1/12/12
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Rather than sending a server error, maybe it should return a quota error and a url taking you direct to the enable billing page ;-)

Edixon Polanco

Mar 5, 2012, 1:30:29 PM3/5/12
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

How I can generate a diagram of my database from the data store google app engine

Robert Kluin

Mar 8, 2012, 10:38:14 AM3/8/12
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
1) Start a new thread. You responded to a completely unrelated post
from many months ago.
2) Be more specific. It is not clear if you want to diagram the
relationship between your data, or you want to diagram the schema.

Robert

> --
> "Google App Engine" group.

> https://groups.google.com/d/msg/google-appengine/-/D2kLAPtPqFMJ.

Joshua Bronson

Jun 20, 2012, 6:06:07 PM6/20/12
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
I stopped by #appengine today at 9AM Pacific and someone there said IRC office hours were no longer being held. Is there a regular Google Hangout time or something to replace them? I found office hours were the only reliable place to ping someone at Google on important tickets that had been accidentally overlooked.

Thanks,
Josh

John V Denley

Aug 24, 2012, 7:50:21 AM8/24/12
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Why are we not using google+ hangouts for these sessions now?

Johan Euphrosine

Aug 24, 2012, 6:42:06 PM8/24/12
On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 11:06 PM, Joshua Bronson <jabr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I stopped by #appengine today at 9AM Pacific and someone there said IRC
> office hours were no longer being held. Is there a regular Google Hangout
> time or something to replace them? I found office hours were the only
> reliable place to ping someone at Google on important tickets that had been
> accidentally overlooked.

We regularly handle office hours on Google+ now (every week) and it
has been a long time since we held IRC office hours.

For pinging us about important tickets that we missed, feel free to
create new posts on the groups with a list of issue urls.

You are also welcome to start a new thread about IRC office hours, why
you miss them, how do they compare to Google+ hangout, and if others
member of the community feels the same way.

> Thanks,
> Josh
>

> On Wednesday, July 6, 2011 3:02:29 PM UTC-3, schuppe wrote:
>>
>> Yes, chat time is still there:
>> """
>> Every first and third Wednesday of the month, the App Engine team hosts
>> IRC Chat Time, an opportunity for you to get answers to your App
>> Engine-related questions in real-time.
>>
>> These chat sessions take place on the #appengine channel on
>> irc.freenode.net. For a list of IRC clients, see
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_IRC_clients.
>>
>> We welcome all App Engine-related questions and we will try to answer
>> as many as we can in the hour session.
>>
>> """ -
>> https://www.google.com/calendar/event?eid=YzZscXRsNnJwMHQ4Zjl1dHNncHVrbDd2ZTRfMjAxMTA3MDdUMDIwMDAwWiBkZXZlbG9wZXItY2FsZW5kYXJAZ29vZ2xlLmNvbQ&gsessionid=OK
>>
>> Next one is today.
>>

>> On Mon, Jul 4, 2011 at 6:12 AM, TWiemann <t.wi...@hudora.de> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> i've got a short question: does the Chat Time still exist? I'd like to
>>> join you and i hope to find some answers for some questions using Google App
>>> Engine.
>>>
>>> Thanks a lot!
>>>
>>> Theres
>>> Germany
>
> --
> For more options, visit this group at

Johan Euphrosine (proppy)
Developer Programs Engineer
Google Developer Relations

Amy Unruh

Aug 25, 2012, 5:38:52 PM8/25/12
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
To elaborate a bit on the hangouts, they are part of 'Google Developers Live', and you can find them here:
(look for the 'cloud' icon).

There's one coming up this Monday at 9:30am PDT, on load testing and performance tips:

These hangouts always include a link to a 'Moderator' topic, where you can post questions, both ahead of time and once the hangout is started.  We'd like more moderator questions during the hangouts, so do post there.

(We're also just about to solicit the group for topic suggestions, etc., for these hangouts-- stay tuned).

 -Amy

James Mortensen

Sep 5, 2012, 1:58:01 PM9/5/12
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sean,

Go to Odesk or a freelancer site.  You can hire someone there. I'm not sure this is the place for your question though as this is for questions about developing applications on Google App Engine, not recruiting.  Good luck!

James

On Tuesday, September 4, 2012 11:59:42 AM UTC-7, Sean McDonough wrote:
Im looking for someone to help me.  Im an Army nurse with a GREAT app idea that will work well and take off fast.  I wanna know who I can talk to to help develop this app and make some money on the idea.

On Tuesday, March 17, 2009 5:33:31 PM UTC-6, Jason (Google) wrote:
[...]

Jeff Schnitzer

Sep 5, 2012, 2:08:37 PM9/5/12
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
I think this forum is actually a pretty good place to recruit GAE
developers (I've picked up some contract work here in the past)... but
"I have an idea, who can build it for me?" is a pretty lame pitch.

Jeff