Re: API Traffic Control

Jeremy Geerdes

Aug 18, 2012, 2:40:08 PM8/18/12
to google-ajax...@googlegroups.com
It would seem that the documentation has fallen out of step with the API Console dev team.

Jeremy R. Geerdes
Generally Cool Guy
Des Moines, IA

For more information or a project quote:

If you're in the Des Moines, IA, area, check out Debra Heights Wesleyan Church!

On Aug 18, 2012, at 1:31 PM, TheVille wrote:

Hi I have developed a little Blogger app and want to test it out on a live host instead of locally.
The API key is visible in the Javascript code, so wanted to limit the traffic to the the test host so that my key can't be hijacked.

Looked at the API console help and it says:

On the Quotas pane, click Configure traffic filters... and select "Browser-embedded scripts".

But on my Quotas pane there isn't that option. Just a Set up per user limits option.

Has it changed recently??
Could swear that option was there when I first logged into the console.

To view this message on the web, visit
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/google-ajax-search-api/-/AijwjRJ2x-wJ
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/google-ajax-search-api?hl=en?hl=en

TheVille

Aug 19, 2012, 5:12:16 AM8/19/12
to google-ajax...@googlegroups.com
Ok

If that feature has been removed from the Quotas pane where has the alternative been moved to and what is it?
Or is it not possible to control the traffic now?

Cheers.

On Saturday, August 18, 2012 7:40:08 PM UTC+1, jgeerdes [AJAX APIs "Guru"] wrote:
[...]

Jeremy Geerdes

TheVille

Aug 19, 2012, 9:52:19 AM8/19/12
to google-ajax...@googlegroups.com
I think the solution is to edit the Allowed Referers list on the API Access pane.

But thanks anyway.

Adam Feldman

Aug 19, 2012, 1:00:08 PM8/19/12
to google-ajax...@googlegroups.com

Thanks for pointing this out, we'll get the documentation updated as soon as possible.  It looks like you found the right spot, but let us know if you have any other problems.

Thanks,
Adam

To view this message on the web, visit