V3.5 DEVELOPMENT BUILD 1705

Mark Liversedge

Apr 29, 2017, 3:44:39 PM4/29/17
to golden-cheetah-users
https://github.com/GoldenCheetah/GoldenCheetah/releases/tag/v3.5-DEV1705X

As ever, post issues related to this build here.

This one has Strava and auto download checking at startup, amongst a few other things.

Regards,
Mark

Jean Div

May 1, 2017, 10:33:02 AM5/1/17
to golden-cheetah-users
Loving the Strava Integration! Thanks for that.

..but I'm having some trouble with R - I enable it, find the R library location as per this post (mine is currently /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources), input into GC and then GC crashes on load every time. I had to use the "--no-r" option to get GC to open again.

Running on a Mac. R version 3.4.

I see in the release notes that it lists 'compatibility with R 3.4' - perhaps something to do with that..? Or am I missing something more obvious?

Ta,
Jean

Jean Div

May 1, 2017, 10:48:00 AM5/1/17
to golden-cheetah-users
Rolled back to R v.3.3.3

All works now. 3.4 Still glitchy?

Mark Liversedge

May 1, 2017, 11:09:10 AM5/1/17
to golden-cheetah-users
Our R3.4 support needs to be worked up.

Mark

TJDunnigan

May 1, 2017, 2:24:26 PM5/1/17
to golden-cheetah-users
This release is working well for me.

I used the Train mode for a training session today. The graphs look terrific. It ran the erg file to completion. Surprisingly, the cadence graph (from a Tacx Vortex Smart trainer) shows significantly less noise than I've seen in earlier (earlier builds) Train sessions .

The only thing I see that is odd is that in the Trend mode, on the Summary graph (table), the text of the whole graph oscillates vertically, about one line in height, for up to 30 seconds. In the earlier build this preceded a crash, but I have not experienced that in this release.

Route information (Activities) used to be passed to Strava, but is no longer. Also, workout information that I add to the file after importing the data from my Garmin does not display in the left column of the Activity mode until I quit GC and re-open it (even after saving the activity).

Stephen Sehr

May 2, 2017, 4:47:47 AM5/2/17
to golden-cheetah-users
I just downloaded build 1705 dmg (for mac) and tried to link my Withings account but could not sync data.  The authorization came back as completed, but the "Sync on start" and "Sync on import" flags are marked as "false" and I cannot change them.  The weight chart is empty, even after restart.  I attempted the sync both with a preexisting athlete and a new one, but got the same behavior.

I also noticed some instability switching between athletes.  If I open up a primary athlete, then a second one as a new window, then close the second athlete window, I cannot get into the Preferences; it is greyed out on the menu and cmd+, doesn't do anything.  If I open the second athlete in a new tab, I can access preferences for each, but it crashes upon closing the tab.

When I select the service to sync with, there is a graphical bug that cuts off the bottom bit of the text descriptor for each service.  This happens in both the activities and measurements area.

I'm currently running 10.12.3 on a 13" MacBook Pro (old version without touchbar) if that helps.

The Strava sync is working well for me.

Thanks for developing!
Stephen

Mark Liversedge

May 2, 2017, 5:34:54 AM5/2/17
to golden-cheetah-users
Can you raise the withings issue and the multiple athlete + preferences on github issues (with steps to recreate) ?

Will look to fix that.

Mark

Kari Lempiainen

May 2, 2017, 8:30:23 AM5/2/17
to golden-cheetah-users

I noticed same thing regarding Withings. Then I found out that you need to download data manually from the Tools->Get Body Measurements

Kari

funkymaster

May 3, 2017, 2:15:01 AM5/3/17
to golden-cheetah-users
Thanks for the release!

Will we get the upload dialog back to mark workouts as private and select which data should be shared when we upload to Strava for instance?

Mark Liversedge

May 3, 2017, 2:16:22 AM5/3/17
to golden-cheetah-users
On Wednesday, 3 May 2017 07:15:01 UTC+1, funkymaster wrote:
Thanks for the release!

Will we get the upload dialog back to mark workouts as private and select which data should be shared when we upload to Strava for instance?

Will add the removal of HR and/or Power data, since Strava still don't support that directly.

Mark

Sheldon Bole

May 3, 2017, 10:31:07 AM5/3/17
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi Mark

I installed this build last night. Love many of the changes!

It looks as tough an old bug has reared it's head again.

When I go to Tools->Options->Data Fields->Fields and turn items on or off under "Diary" these changes are not made under "Calendar Text".

As a work around I deleted the RideDB.json file as suggested by Ale Martinez in the following discussion:

Regards

Sheldon

wooliethai

May 3, 2017, 5:45:38 PM5/3/17
to golden-cheetah-users
When using a vector on dates in a formula to calculate a trailing total on a metric (eg Distance[[Date-xx:Date]]) any number of trailing days over 137 causes the chart to max out and flatline at the 137th day

Brett Dikeman

May 3, 2017, 8:52:32 PM5/3/17
to Mark Liversedge, golden-cheetah-users
Looks like the bugs with not enough space for the compare bar's header and OSM tile server settings after restart are still there.

Also, Strava uploads still don't contain the device ID, so devices with barometers have their elevation data thrown out.

funkymaster

May 4, 2017, 3:39:37 AM5/4/17
to golden-cheetah-users
Sounds great, thanks!

Stefan

May 4, 2017, 9:18:35 AM5/4/17
to golden-cheetah-users
Great release! The Strava sync was the "missing link" for me, what a great feature.

Just wanted to mention that this release crashes on my notebook when the graphics adapter is in "energy save mode", e.g. when the power cable is not plugged in. I can start GC and select the athlete. The percentage counter shows up but then GC dies. I installed this release with the power cable plugged in (graphics adapter in "full" mode).

I hope I could explain it enough.

Stefan

Mark Liversedge

May 4, 2017, 10:13:57 AM5/4/17
to golden-cheetah-users
On Thursday, 4 May 2017 14:18:35 UTC+1, Stefan wrote:
Just wanted to mention that this release crashes on my notebook when the graphics adapter is in "energy save mode", e.g. when the power cable is not plugged in. I can start GC and select the athlete. The percentage counter shows up but then GC dies. I installed this release with the power cable plugged in (graphics adapter in "full" mode).

Thats odd, what Operating System and Version are you running ?

Thanks

Mark

Stefan

May 4, 2017, 1:40:37 PM5/4/17
to golden-cheetah-users
win 7 sp 1 64 bit

crash reports attached
crash_2123_030517.dmp
crash_2123_030517.log

stsc...@gmail.com

Brett Dikeman

May 4, 2017, 7:52:49 PM5/4/17
to stsc...@gmail.com, golden-cheetah-users, Mark Liversedge
When viewing the activity, do you see "Elevation(?)" as a link, or just the text "Elevation"?

Also, the effect will be different depending on where you've ridden. In areas that are heavily ridden (I believe the base map is refined over time based on rides uploaded), there will be little or no difference. In other areas, there could be substantial differences. I've seen my elevation cut in *half*, mostly when riding in an area with a lot of rolling hills, because the base map's resolution was probably too low.

Thank you VERY MUCH for working on this! I may be irritated enough by this bug to attempt building my own binary instead of waiting a month for the next dev build...

~B

stsc...@gmail.com

May 4, 2017, 8:25:41 PM5/4/17
to golden-cheetah-users, stsc...@gmail.com, liver...@gmail.com
Elevation gain for my test ride computed by GC is 350m, and that's very reasonable.
When I upload with the development build that doesn't send the device id I get 369m Elevation gain, no device and there is no tooltip or option to recompute (I guess this means the basemap was used?). Elevation map looks somewhat jagged.
When uploading with a recent build that sends the device id I get 591m Elevation gain, device shows "Garmin Edge 810" correctly and there is a tooltip offering to recompute with "corrected" data. Elevation map is smooth.
Finally I manually added "with barometer" to the device name as the Strava API suggests to force it to use the file altitude, and results are identical to the recent build upload.

I'll have a look at the TCX file GC writes for the activity, but on a rushed first look there is nothing in there that could sum up to 600m of elevation gain really.

On Thu, May 4, 2017 at 4:19 PM, <stsc...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

JustinL

May 7, 2017, 4:23:28 PM5/7/17
to golden-cheetah-users
I have an issue with scrolling that I did not experience in 3.4. I am running macOS Sierra on a MacBook Pro. My OS preferences are set so that my trackpad scrolls in the non-natural direction (i.e. contrary to an iPhone but how a Windows computer typically scrolls). However, Summary charts ignore this scrolling preference. This unexpected behavior occurs for Summary charts in both Trends and Activities and persists even after re-opening GC. All other chart types scroll as expected.

If I add a new Summary chart, scrolling works fine until I scroll to the bottom of the screen. After reaching the bottom, my system preferences are ignored and I must scroll in the natural direction, regardless of the position on the screen. Also, there is no “momentum” with the scrolling. As soon as I stop scrolling, the chart immediately stops in that location. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled Build 1705 without any luck. Same behavior with different athletes in different windows too.

Other than this bug, I love the multitude of improvements in this build. Thanks to all involved!

Manuel Oberti

May 8, 2017, 2:09:30 AM5/8/17
to golden-cheetah-users
I create a field called SESSION RPE and configured it like an Integer ( I try also a double, text , etc.....) . Every time I open the ride deatils , this field is configured  DOUBLE and in the details page appear a CHECKBOX.

THANKS
BYE

Mark Liversedge

May 8, 2017, 2:43:14 AM5/8/17
to golden-cheetah-users
Yes, that is a QT bug, its really annoying. Its why we are moving away from the Summary and writing the Overview.

Mark

Rui

May 15, 2017, 3:21:46 AM5/15/17
to golden-cheetah-users
New User — Just learned of User Defined Metrics. However can't find access to the capability in the Tools menu in v.3.5dev, as I understand it exists in v.3.4. Is this capability supported at this time in the version?

Rui

May 15, 2017, 12:47:38 PM5/15/17
to golden-cheetah-users
ok... I think I found it... (OSX version) ... Preferences -> Metrics_tab

Brett Dikeman

May 25, 2017, 12:40:05 AM5/25/17
to Mark Liversedge, golden-cheetah-users
I just updated to El Capitan, installed the latest version of R that is in Brew (3.4.0), set the directory returned by R.home(), and enabled R.

Result: immediate crash on startup. The path returned by R.home() was:

/usr/local/Cellar/r/3.4.0_1/R.framework/Resources

I also tried:

/usr/local/Cellar/r/3.4.0_1/

...with a similar, but different, result - instead of a dialog box from the system informing me GC had quit, there was nothing.

Mark Liversedge

May 25, 2017, 2:54:41 AM5/25/17
to golden-cheetah-users
Yes, this has been reported a few times and has been fixed. It will be in the June development build.

For now downgrade to R 3.3.x or disable it with --no-r

Mark

Simon Cirnski

May 30, 2017, 2:11:43 PM5/30/17
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi. Out of the sudden one of my athlete crashes on startup. It worked fine a few hours ago and other athletes have no problems.
Any ideas?

Regards,
Simon

Dne sobota, 29. april 2017 21.44.39 UTC+2 je oseba Mark Liversedge napisala:
crash_2006_300517.log
crash_2006_300517.dmp

Mark Liversedge

May 30, 2017, 2:21:42 PM5/30/17
to golden-cheetah-users
What is happening when it crashes?

Mark

Simon Cirnski

May 30, 2017, 3:03:28 PM5/30/17
to golden-cheetah-users
It loads the app and it shows the summary tab and in that instant, it just closes the app.

Mark Liversedge

May 30, 2017, 4:03:24 PM5/30/17
to golden-cheetah-users
Can you delete the contents of the athlete cache folder ?
It will take an age to recreate the metrics etc, but would be good to see if it gets that far............

Mark

Simon Cirnski

May 30, 2017, 4:25:40 PM5/30/17
to golden-cheetah-users
That's it. Loaded up and working now. Thanks, Mark. Did not think of doing that.

Regards,
Simon