Forecastfox (fix version)

Oleksandr Popov

Feb 6, 2015, 7:23:41 PM2/6/15
to forecast...@googlegroups.com
Original Forecastfox Weather add-on for Mozilla Firefox is abandoned October 6, 2012:
https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/forecastfox-weather/

Does it mean its death? Of course not! It has been reborn! I brought it back to life!
Now it is called Forecastfox (fix version) and works with all Firefox versions.
https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/forecastfox-fix-version/
---
For moderators:
Please help its users - do not delete this comment.
Thank you very much!

Mike

Feb 6, 2015, 7:41:06 PM2/6/15
to forecast...@googlegroups.com
Really?  I see it hasn't been reviewed yet by Mozilla.  What does this version fix?  Does it fix the problems everyone here has had with Forecastfox the past 2 to 3 weeks?  (Not updating, future day tabs not updating, not compatible with Firefox 35.0.1, etc.)

This is good news, just skeptical to download new add-ons without more info and without Mozilla approving it.

Mike

Oleksandr Popov

Feb 6, 2015, 8:19:00 PM2/6/15
to forecast...@googlegroups.com
Really :)

But it seems the editors AMO against this version, since the original version has six critical bugs
I'll try to fix it within 7 days

Mike

Feb 6, 2015, 10:23:33 PM2/6/15
to forecast...@googlegroups.com
I installed this new version tonight and so far working flawlessly, Oleksandr.  Thank you!!  We even have the date on the drop-downs for each day and night.  The current/now tab updates about every 15 minutes.  I'll see how the tomorrow and next day update in the next day or two.  It even works again with my own hometown.  I am using this new version of FCF on Firefox 35.0.1.

Mike

x37e...@gmail.com

Feb 7, 2015, 12:19:07 AM2/7/15
to forecast...@googlegroups.com
The new version is working for me.

Adding the date was a great idea -- now we know whether we have the correct data.

Thank you, Oleksandr!

Mana

Feb 7, 2015, 12:39:25 AM2/7/15
to forecast...@googlegroups.com
Hello, Oleksandr.
You are Great!!
I installed it and  I know the forecast is correct.
And Language-problem is solved.
When it become night, or the date changes, what happens. I'm sure all right.
Thank you!

----
Day'&Nightで設定しているので、更新された!やった!と思ったら夜になったら古いデータになったり、日付が変わったら古いデータに戻ったり、この数日「ぬか喜び」の日々でした。
でも今度こそ大丈夫だと思う。リクエストURLが変更されていますね。よく判明しましたね!
Oleksandrは天才!
それがわかったらいいなーと思ってサポートに投げてたのですが、まだ返事がない:)

Gianfranco Costamagna

Feb 7, 2015, 2:20:12 AM2/7/15
to Oleksandr Popov, forecast...@googlegroups.com

Hi Oleksandr,

did you start from the latest version here, right?
https://static.getforecastfox.com/downloads/ forecastfox-latest.xpi

just wondering if you missed some fixes from 2.2.4...

BTW what about open sourcing it on github or googlecode?

https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!msg/forecastfox-users/RZDCR2cjQPo/1JK9m2KANpgJ

this is the original author intent to do the job...

cheers, and thanks!

Gianfranco

schmi...@web.de

Feb 7, 2015, 2:26:56 AM2/7/15
to forecast...@googlegroups.com

Hello Oleksandr!

chapeau and thank you very much! your FCF works perfectly here in germany - and the german language works fine as well!

can you explain in a few words, what was wrong with the old FCF?
can we all hope, that you will care about this addon?

many thanks again !

tosi

rihad

Feb 7, 2015, 2:32:25 AM2/7/15
to forecast...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, the original Forecastfox has also been working since yesterday.
Otherwise this addon would have been a life saver. The date display is great, but I don't really like the date display in place of the time, maybe you could consider moving it to the middle empty part while keeping the time where it was? Thanks.

Oleksandr Popov

Feb 7, 2015, 2:48:53 AM2/7/15
to forecast...@googlegroups.com, s3b...@gmail.com
did you start from the latest version here, right?
https://static.getforecastfox.com/downloads/ forecastfox-latest.xpi

yes

BTW what about open sourcing it on github or googlecode?

I'm sorry, I do not know how to use these services

Oleksandr Popov

Feb 7, 2015, 2:52:01 AM2/7/15
to forecast...@googlegroups.com
=====================
Forecastfox (fix version) - correction relative to the original Forecastfox Weather

Oleksandr Popov

Feb 7, 2015, 2:54:48 AM2/7/15
to forecast...@googlegroups.com
all questions to improve only after critical bug fixes
I have a 7 days, after which the AMO destroy add-on

Sorry and Thank you for your understanding!

Gianfranco Costamagna

Feb 7, 2015, 3:00:37 AM2/7/15
to Oleksandr Popov, forecast...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

> I'm sorry, I do not know how to use these services

it is so easy, just unpack the original source and put under version control
git init
git add *
git commit -a -m "first commit"

then unpack your source in the same directory and commit it.

git commit -a -m "your commit message"

then create a github account, a git repository and push on github your changes, allowing people see them and contribute.

git easily allows you to track changes, and allows people to open issues/merge requests of code directly online (and much more)

cheers,

G.

giovi gio

Feb 7, 2015, 5:37:37 AM2/7/15
to forecast...@googlegroups.com

Hi!

First so many many thanks indeed for the real big gift you have done to all of us forecastfox's users!
could you pls explain why you write:
"I have a 7 days, after which the AMO destroy add-on"...??

is accuweather itself against the very well done job you made?
..i thinks so cause they have issued an add on ,in the days in which FCF stars to not work..

cheers!! :)

Oleksandr Popov

Feb 7, 2015, 7:14:17 AM2/7/15
to forecast...@googlegroups.com
"fix version" get critical errors inherited from the original
Perhaps the authors could not cope with them, and therefore abandoned work on "Forecastfox Weather"

Mozilla Add-ons: Forecastfox (fix version) 2.2.4a Preliminary Reviewed:
  1. We don't allow add-ons to use remote scripts because they create serious security vulnerabilities. We also need to review all of your add-on code, and this makes it much more difficult. Please insert those scripts locally from your add-on code.
  2. Your add-on uses the 'eval' function, which is something we normally don't accept. There are many reasons *not* to use 'eval', and there are alternatives available. You can read more about it here: https://developer.mozilla.org/en/XUL_School/Appendix_C:_Avoid_using_eval_in_Add-ons
  3. Your add-on creates DOM nodes from HTML strings containing potentially unsanitized data, by assigning to innerHTML, jQuery.html, or through similar means. Aside from being inefficient, this is a major security risk. For more information, see https://developer.mozilla.org/en/XUL_School/DOM_Building_and_HTML_Insertion.
  4. You are using the same library code in the 2 files: jquery-1.3.2.js, and jquery-1.5.min.js. Please remove one.
  5. Long inline script, Please store complex scripts in .js files rather than inline script nodes. chrome/content/api-example.html, and tooltiptest.html files
  6. Your add-on makes remote, synchronous XMLHttpRequests which have the ability to lock-up the browser UI and are not allowed in public add-ons. Please use asynchronous requests instead.
You have, as promised, 7 days to correct any issues. If errors during this time will not corrected, the add-on will be turned off.

Gianfranco Costamagna

Feb 7, 2015, 9:25:11 AM2/7/15
to giovi gio, forecast...@googlegroups.com

I think it is a matter of addons.mozilla.org website, and its Quality Of Service.

they don't keep broken addons on their website.

cheers,

Gianfranco

Oleksandr Popov

Feb 7, 2015, 10:17:03 AM2/7/15
to forecast...@googlegroups.com, p03...@hotmail.it
I think I have corrected all the mistakes :)
at least 2.2.4b accept without question :)

SKova

Feb 7, 2015, 10:47:25 AM2/7/15
to forecast...@googlegroups.com
This sounds promising for FireFox users. There is a Chrome version also and if you could share what was changed in the FireFox version, perhaps these changes could also be fixed in the Chrome version as they are experiencing similar issues.

Mike

Feb 7, 2015, 11:04:13 AM2/7/15
to forecast...@googlegroups.com
Thank you!    Спасибі

JUDYTANK

Feb 7, 2015, 11:07:46 AM2/7/15
to forecast...@googlegroups.com

On Friday, February 6, 2015 at 7:23:41 PM UTC-5, Oleksandr Popov wrote:

WOO-HOO!!!!   Oleksander, just downloaded your fix, and am FINALLY seeing the correct days and dates for my location!  Thank you for all your hard work on this...I, like the rest of us, have really been missing my Forecastfox weather!

Lajos Kósa

Feb 7, 2015, 11:18:11 AM2/7/15
to forecast...@googlegroups.com
You're a god! :) Thanks.

UserPdx

Feb 7, 2015, 12:54:19 PM2/7/15
to forecast...@googlegroups.com
Yes, please. Can we have a fix for the Chrome version too. Thanks :)

JL Arranz

Feb 7, 2015, 6:36:36 PM2/7/15
to forecast...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot for the work! Good to see the date too.

Basically it works although not 100% perfect. Part of the problems/triffles or all of them could be due to the complicated route I took though.

First the consistent and repeatable problem: after having switched to my native language Spanish from English (I cannot recall in which stage), the main phrases that describe the weather in the forecasts (like "clear and cold", "increasing cloudiness",...) are still in English, although they are in Spanish in the current weather and the rest of things are in Spanish too.

It also has shown occasional connection problems when you play with the options (at least once they lasted several seconds and went away), with the rotating icon and sometimes the phrase "connection error" plus the "x" red icon, although I haven't seen this in other situations yet. It updates and works well as said. Maybe it's just more tolerant to low level problems.

My route: disable FCF 2.2.4, install 2.2.4b, uninstall 2.2.4b, enable 2.2.4, uninstall 2.2.4, install 2.2.4b. Each of these steps conserved my FCF settings including the list of cities, although the last but one step left FF w/o any version of FCF installed.

Nice work :) .

Bob Jones

Feb 7, 2015, 11:02:45 PM2/7/15
to forecast...@googlegroups.com
The fixed version work great, but I have one problem.  I am using the Classic Theme Restorer, which brings back the original Add-on bar to the bottom of the screen (where I have noscript and other addons placed).  However, this fixed version of Forecastfox adds a second bar to the bottom of the page, and I can't move it (I want it combined with the other addons in the restored addon bar).  I now have two bars at the bottom, but the bar with forecast fox can not be modified or adjusted (it looks static).  I did not have this problem with 2.2.4, because it was placed in the addon bar where I could adjust it and move it around.  Two bars looks ugly and takes up unnecessary space.

Download classic them restorer here, if you need to test:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/classicthemerestorer/

x37e...@gmail.com

Feb 8, 2015, 12:16:34 AM2/8/15
to forecast...@googlegroups.com
I am running Classic Theme Restorer and The Add-on Bar (but not Add-on Bar -- without The).

If I enable Add-on Bar, I get two bars at the bottom. Disable it, and I get one, with ForecastFox where it belongs and working.

Does this help you?

Mike

Feb 8, 2015, 12:19:22 AM2/8/15
to forecast...@googlegroups.com
Interesting problem there, Bob.  I am using classic theme restorer and have no problem putting the new Forecastfox 2.2.4b in the status bar at the bottom or in the menu bar at the top.  I prefer it in the top menu bar, so that is where I usually have it, but each time I've done a restore defaults in FCF, it starts in the status bar (Add-on bar.)  I have read that the noscript add-on had issues with the original Forecastfox and I wonder if that is causing your problem?  You might try disabling all of your add-ons except Forecastfox 2.2.4b and see if the issue persists, then add them back one at a time.

Mike

giovi gio

Feb 8, 2015, 2:46:30 AM2/8/15
to forecast...@googlegroups.com

Hi Oleksandr Popov!

first so many thx indeed again!

so now yr latest 224b fix vers is accepted?
so they do not remove it from the add ons list?

thx so much againa and again!!

cheers!!:)

Oleksandr Popov

Feb 8, 2015, 4:02:59 AM2/8/15
to forecast...@googlegroups.com
Yes, please. Can we have a fix for the Chrome version too. Thanks :)

This sounds promising for FireFox users. There is a Chrome version also and if you could share what was changed in the FireFox version, perhaps these changes could also be fixed in the Chrome version as they are experiencing similar issues.

I'm sorry, but I not develop for Chrome - only for Firefox
but I can tell you how to fix errors
Please share familiar to people who can fix Firecastfox for Chrome:

so now yr latest 224b fix vers is accepted?
so they do not remove it from the add ons list?

maybe .. need wait February 14-15...

...(like "clear and cold", "increasing cloudiness",...) are still in English, although they are in Spanish in the current weather and the rest of things are in Spanish too....
...and sometimes the phrase "connection error" plus the "x" red icon...

I know about this problem and working on it

I am running Classic Theme Restorer and The Add-on Bar

I'm sorry, I do not understand...
you use two add-ons for restore addon-bar?

======================
Friends, please, if you can, for a description of your problems or suggestions for Forecastfox-fix-version, use the comments here:

Me will be so much easier to answer each one and not lose your message
Thank you very much!

Joachim

Feb 8, 2015, 5:15:28 AM2/8/15
to forecast...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I thank you sooooo much!! Great work!!
There´s only one little problem, described at the Mozilla page for some languages (I got no Mozilla-account, and I don`t want to open one just for a single commend).
For me there`s the same problem in german language.
But everything else works very, very fine!!

Bob Jones

Feb 8, 2015, 1:00:36 PM2/8/15
to forecast...@googlegroups.com
I just noticed that forecastfox sometimes appears in the addon bar, and sometimes appears in its own bar.  I'm not sure what causes it to switch back and forth.  I disabled all add-ons except Theme Restorer and forecastfox, and the issue is still there.  Here is a screenshot of when it messes up:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v722/Lightning_Hunter/firefox%20addonbar.jpg

If I restart Firefox, it usually appears in a second bar.  If I start browsing for a while, it suddenly appears in the add-on bar where it should be.

This did NOT happen with version 2.2.4.

Rogerio Moraes

Feb 8, 2015, 5:16:53 PM2/8/15
to forecast...@googlegroups.com

Ola add essa atualização Forecastfox (fix version ) mas não resolveu pelo contrario pirou pq fica sem nome a cidade na barra nem os dias e temperaturas apenas ícone e no suporte nao tem como deixar em outra língua nada pode mexer apena se restaurar para inglês ai sim pode mexer   alguém sabe resolver isto ?
firefox.jpg
Message has been deleted

Oleksandr Popov

Feb 9, 2015, 3:56:27 AM2/9/15
to forecast...@googlegroups.com
please install version: 2.2.4d

Oleksandr Popov

Feb 9, 2015, 3:57:00 AM2/9/15
to forecast...@googlegroups.com

Maride

Feb 9, 2015, 5:37:22 AM2/9/15
to forecast...@googlegroups.com
Does not work with all versions of Firefox. I use Palemoon Version: 24.2.2 (equivalent to Firefox 24) and the page of the add-ons Mozilla says "Not available for Firefox 24.0"
Thanks for your work.
Ciao, from Italy.
Message has been deleted

Oleksandr Popov

Feb 9, 2015, 6:41:38 AM2/9/15
to forecast...@googlegroups.com
please try this version (added support PaleMoon 24.0-25.*)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hk546l6c8nj5ok8/forecastfox_fix_version-2.2.4d-fx.xpi

понедельник, 9 февраля 2015 г., 12:37:22 UTC+2 пользователь Maride написал:
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

WknThDg

Feb 9, 2015, 5:17:42 PM2/9/15
to forecast...@googlegroups.com

With the latest version of Pale Moon (v25.2.1), the "Current conditions"/"Now" has the time updated text overlapping the "Now" text.
Could you please fix?

Thank you

Oleksandr Popov

Feb 9, 2015, 6:59:20 PM2/9/15
to forecast...@googlegroups.com
you have a very long format the current date
format date in Forecastfox get from your local settings your Windows
example for windows 7:

WknThDg

Feb 9, 2015, 9:17:04 PM2/9/15
to forecast...@googlegroups.com

Thank you for the reply, but changing System default settings for Long date format is not an option for me.
I'm using Pale Moon portable on a USB drive with several PC's that also have different Windows versions (some are not my machines).

Can you please tell me which file/files within the extension need editing so I can try to correct this problem?

Oleksandr Popov

Feb 10, 2015, 3:17:46 AM2/10/15
to forecast...@googlegroups.com
please wait for new versions - I'll add the settings for the date format

Oleksandr Popov

Feb 10, 2015, 10:25:01 AM2/10/15
to forecast...@googlegroups.com
Forecastfox (fix version) - Version 2.2.4e
fixed: minor bug fixes
added: support PaleMoon 24+
https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/forecastfox-fix-version/versions/

===
Hey!!!
"Forecastfox (Pseudo-Static) 2.2.5-pm" - uses my code! :(((
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/forecastfox-users/RyNGBALB5Y4
https://addons.palemoon.org/extensions/feeds-news-and-blogging/forecastfox/

accuweather-adapter.js, accuweather-processor.js - these files with all my changes from my addon "Forecastfox (fix version)" !!

Please do not steal my work! :((

Tehnaxx Mail

Feb 11, 2015, 2:14:44 AM2/11/15
to forecast...@googlegroups.com
Hi Oleksandr!
I'm from Hungary. Yesterday everything was ok, but now...
If I use only my Town as location, connection (sync) is ok, the date in the current (Now) window ok too, but in the forecast window date went back two weeks (see pic1  and pic2.
If I use zipcode in location, that occours connection error (pic3)
I don't know what heppend...
Thanks for your hard work and sorry for my english... :)

pic1.jpg
pic2.jpg
pic3.jpg

Tehnaxx Mail

Feb 11, 2015, 3:54:16 AM2/11/15
to forecast...@googlegroups.com
One more thing...until the "Connention Error" I used the location with zipcode .

Oleksandr Popov

Feb 11, 2015, 3:58:09 AM2/11/15
to forecast...@googlegroups.com
please update to 2.2.4f
fixed: www.accuweather.com again returns outdated data, fixed!

Tehnaxx Mail

Feb 11, 2015, 4:47:08 AM2/11/15
to forecast...@googlegroups.com
Everithing is ok, thank you !

JUDYTANK

Feb 11, 2015, 10:49:26 AM2/11/15
to forecast...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the newest fix, Oleksandr!  I did get a little concerned this morning when I realized I was still looking at Tuesday's weather.  BUT knowing your efficiency, I checked the Board here and saw your "f" version of the fix.  Downloaded it, and everything is working perfectly again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  You ROCK!

On Wednesday, February 11, 2015 at 3:58:09 AM UTC-5, Oleksandr Popov wrote:
please update to 2.2.4f
fixed: www.accuweather.com again returns outdated data, fixed!

giovi gio

Feb 11, 2015, 1:31:51 PM2/11/15
to forecast...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

first so many thanks indeed for the all hard work you do for all of us!
why there is this strange need to daily update yr add on..?
..of course this is all due to the accuweather giving outdated data..
but why this has suddenly happened..??
..probably they really do not want this add on to work fine at all..??
what is yr personal thought about all this strange matter..??

thx again!!

cheers!!:)

Oleksandr Popov

Feb 12, 2015, 4:54:10 PM2/12/15
to forecast...@googlegroups.com
2 days left...
and we will know: accepted addon (fix version) on AMO or deleted it..
I worry :)

Reinaldo Ferreira

Feb 12, 2015, 5:08:20 PM2/12/15
to Oleksandr Popov, forecast...@googlegroups.com

Positive thinking! You've done an excellent job.
Keep up with the good work.
Regards,
Reinaldo

Oleksandr Popov

Feb 12, 2015, 5:22:01 PM2/12/15
to forecast...@googlegroups.com, s3b...@gmail.com
Don't Worry, Be Happy (c) Bobby Mcferryn
:)

Станислав Егоров

Feb 13, 2015, 9:31:11 AM2/13/15

суббота, 7 февраля 2015 г., 3:23:41 UTC+3 пользователь Oleksandr Popov написал:
Original Forecastfox Weather add-on for Mozilla Firefox is abandoned October 6, 2012:
https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/forecastfox-weather/

Does it mean its death? Of course not! It has been reborn! I brought it back to life!
Now it is called Forecastfox (fix version) and works with all Firefox versions.
https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/forecastfox-fix-version/
---
For moderators:
Please help its users - do not delete this comment.

не работает с версией  20,0,1
Thank you very much!

Oleksandr Popov

Feb 13, 2015, 9:47:53 AM2/13/15
to forecast...@googlegroups.com

<!-- Firefox -->
<em:minVersion>24.0</em:minVersion>

Станислав Егоров

Feb 13, 2015, 9:52:11 AM2/13/15

пятница, 13 февраля 2015 г., 17:47:53 UTC+3 пользователь Oleksandr Popov написал:

<!-- Firefox -->
<em:minVersion>24.0</em:minVersion>

не работает с версией  20,0,1
 Пишет что приложение не совместимо,с данным браузером.У меня пред версии работают,ток нет русского языка,а белорусский язык есть.

giovi gio

Feb 13, 2015, 10:35:59 AM2/13/15
to forecast...@googlegroups.com, s3b...@gmail.com
We are all crossing our fingers!!
god luck!
yr fortune will be our too!!

darklord bob

Feb 14, 2015, 11:19:52 PM2/14/15
to forecast...@googlegroups.com
Oleksandr,
just wanted to thank you for this addon.

Oleksandr Popov

Feb 24, 2015, 3:59:48 PM2/24/15
to forecast...@googlegroups.com
up topic
sorry :)

giovi gio

Feb 25, 2015, 11:18:55 AM2/25/15
to forecast...@googlegroups.com
what does it means..??!!..

cheers!!:)

Il giorno martedì 24 febbraio 2015 21:59:48 UTC+1, Oleksandr Popov ha scritto:
up topic
sorry :)

Oleksandr Popov

Feb 25, 2015, 11:26:53 AM2/25/15
to forecast...@googlegroups.com
new unfortunate users come here and can not find a topic with the theme of the fixed version.
so I wrote a message that would raise it up :)

Gerry Goldshine

Feb 27, 2015, 1:24:06 PM2/27/15
to forecast...@googlegroups.com
Thank you so much! It's a small thing in the grand scheme but sometimes it's the little stuff working that makes the big stuff tolerable.

Again, thanks for the fix and putting up with all of us.

Mike

Feb 27, 2015, 2:59:28 PM2/27/15
to forecast...@googlegroups.com
I agree! Thank you Oleksandr!

grainbel...@gmail.com

Mar 1, 2015, 12:22:10 AM3/1/15
to forecast...@googlegroups.com
Thought I'd Give A BIG thanks you you there Oleksandr, I know it was only a matter of time before someone would thankfully take over the Development of the greatest weather plugin of all time.

Again Much thanks.

grainbel...@gmail.com

Mar 1, 2015, 12:24:42 AM3/1/15
to forecast...@googlegroups.com
P.S.

Also I must add, The Updated version works Wonderful. Also like the new features and changes.

May it Live on!

Станислав Егоров

Mar 1, 2015, 12:59:53 AM3/1/15
to forecast...@googlegroups.com

У меня вопрос,а этот плагин будет обновляться,у меня пишет что обновлений нет.Или надо в ручную.

Oleksandr Popov

Mar 1, 2015, 3:07:48 AM3/1/15
to forecast...@googlegroups.com
да, как только я выпущу новую версию на AMO - ваша версия обновится автоматически.
у меня уже готова 2.2.5, но я жду полной проверки 2.2.4f

Current Version: 2.2.4f
Last Updated: Feb 10, 2015
Queue Position: 51 of 108

Oleksandr Popov

Apr 12, 2015, 8:12:10 AM4/12/15
to forecast...@googlegroups.com
Mozilla Add-ons: Forecastfox (fix version) 2.2.4f Fully Reviewed

added: Options: Date format
added: Catalan locale (thanks BennyBeat)
added: Upper Sorbian locale (thanks Michael Wolf)
added: Lower Sorbian locale (thanks Michael Wolf)
added: for UV: Sunburn minutes
updated: Germany locale (thanks Michael Wolf & Jörg)
changed: support Firefox 20+
fixed: forecast translation
fixed: night icons

Oleksandr Popov

May 19, 2015, 5:13:47 AM5/19/15
to forecast...@googlegroups.com
I found the cause of your problem.
when start ForecastFox, it checks - exists a addon-bar?
if not exists - then it builds its own bar

and this verification occurs every time after update the weather.

probably where ForecastFox is starting - the addon bar ThemeRestorer does not yet exist.

solution:
1. Open the Settings ForecastFox
2. Drag the weather-bar at the top of your browser
3. Return the weather-bar on the addon-bar from ThemeRestorer
4. Close the Settings

Now the weather-bar is tied to the addon-bar from ThemeRestorer

On 2/7/2015 10:02 PM, Bob Jones wrote:
The fixed version work great, but I have one problem.  I am using the Classic Theme Restorer, which brings back the original Add-on bar to the bottom of the screen (where I have noscript and other addons placed).  However, this fixed version of Forecastfox adds a second bar to the bottom of the page, and I can't move it (I want it combined with the other addons in the restored addon bar).  I now have two bars at the bottom, but the bar with forecast fox can not be modified or adjusted (it looks static).  I did not have this problem with 2.2.4, because it was placed in the addon bar where I could adjust it and move it around.  Two bars looks ugly and takes up unnecessary space.

Download classic them restorer here, if you need to test:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/classicthemerestorer/

giovi gio

May 21, 2015, 10:54:41 AM5/21/15
to forecast...@googlegroups.com
hi!

which is the lastest vers of yr wonderful add on?
2.2.6 ?

cheers!

Oleksandr Popov

May 22, 2015, 1:49:07 AM5/22/15
to forecast...@googlegroups.com
Yes, the latest version of today - is 2.2.6

leeuwit plouf

Jul 1, 2015, 6:38:10 PM7/1/15
to forecast...@googlegroups.com
Hi Oleksandr !

Just a little question: I updated FF from old v. 28.00 to latest version and there is no more status bar. So Forecastfox is now at the top of the page.
Is there a way to restore the status bar and to put Forecastfox back at the bottom ?
(I just see that it's even no longer at the top of the page !)

Thanks.

oleksandr.jpg

Oleksandr Popov

Jul 1, 2015, 6:52:12 PM7/1/15
to forecast...@googlegroups.com
you use the fix-version?
https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/forecastfox-fix-version/

leeuwit plouf

Jul 2, 2015, 1:47:59 AM7/2/15
to forecast...@googlegroups.com
I use the 2.2.6.1-signed version Oleksandr.

leeuwit plouf

Jul 2, 2015, 2:03:25 AM7/2/15
to forecast...@googlegroups.com
Installed The Addon Bar (Restored) and it now works.

leeuwit plouf

Jul 2, 2015, 3:45:29 AM7/2/15
to forecast...@googlegroups.com
F*ck ! Each time Forecast data refresh, Forecastfox disappears from the status bar !
Help !

leeuwit plouf

Jul 2, 2015, 7:45:35 AM7/2/15
to forecast...@googlegroups.com
Tried with Status-4-Evar and still the same problem :-( .

Oleksandr Popov

Jul 2, 2015, 7:56:01 AM7/2/15
to forecast...@googlegroups.com
try searching "Forecastfox" here:
Open Customizing: View:Toolbars:Customize or type in adress-bar about:customizing
if you find it there - then follow these steps:
  • move Forecastfox to toolbar
  • close Customizing
  • open Forecastfox settings
  • move Forecastfox to another place
  • close Forecastfox settings

leeuwit plouf

Jul 2, 2015, 2:34:58 PM7/2/15
to forecast...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Oleksandr it works. But I have another question: I've put Forecastfox in my personal bar on the top; how can I do to move it back to the status bar ?

Oleksandr Popov

Jul 2, 2015, 3:17:17 PM7/2/15
to forecast...@googlegroups.com
> how can I do to move it back to the status bar ?

1. Open Forecastfox settings
2. Drag the weather-bar on your favorite place :)
see image:

leeuwit plouf

Jul 2, 2015, 3:25:56 PM7/2/15
to forecast...@googlegroups.com
You are fantastic Oleksandr ! Many thanks !

Oleksandr Popov

Jul 2, 2015, 3:40:17 PM7/2/15
to forecast...@googlegroups.com
Welcome to the family of users Forecastfox-fix-version :)
Please add positive comment on AMO
https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/forecastfox-fix-version/

..and try my other add-ons :)
https://addons.mozilla.org/user/gronar/

Oleksandr Popov

Jul 8, 2015, 4:15:34 AM7/8/15
to forecast...@googlegroups.com
Forecastfox 2.3.1 is released!
https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/forecastfox-fix-version/

changes:
added: support Thunderbird
added: Azerbaijani locale (thanks Qudret Qasimov)
added: tooltip for 5-day forecast
fixed: link for 5-day forecast
fixed: minor bug fixes

Frances Monson

Jul 8, 2015, 6:53:02 PM7/8/15
to forecast...@googlegroups.com
Thankyou so much! The original FCF wasn't compatible with the lastest version of Firefox (39.0), but your version works wonderfully!

Oleksandr Popov

Jul 8, 2015, 6:57:44 PM7/8/15
to forecast...@googlegroups.com
Welcome to the family of users Forecastfox-fix-version :)

четверг, 9 июля 2015 г., 1:53:02 UTC+3 пользователь Frances Monson написал:
Message has been deleted