Re: Getting started

瀏覽次數:85 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Sagar Karandikar

未讀,
2018年5月25日 中午12:01:302018/5/25
收件者:goo...@kimmitt.uk、fir...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jonathan,

Apologies for the delayed response -- this seems to have gotten caught in the google groups spam filter, and it didn't email me until today.

Looks like there's a bug in the way we create VPCs in that script -- apparently there's no guarantee they're immediately available for modification (unfortunately, this is not noted in the boto3 examples). I've added some waiters that should block further commands until the VPC that the script is creating is actually available. Can you try this version of the script and let me know?

I also updated the docs to clarify the region format on that same branch.

-Sagar

On Fri, May 25, 2018 at 8:54 AM Jonathan Kimmitt <goo...@kimmitt.uk> wrote:
Dear FireSim team,
  This seems to be an ambitious and well-documented project. Well Done.

I have tried to follow your instructions and have failed at first base when trying to run the aws-setup.py

 First of all you need to enter the region as us-east-1 not N.Virginia as recommended in the tutorial

[ec2-user@ip-172-31-90-10 ~]$ aws configure
AWS Access Key ID [****************UFGQ]:
AWS Secret Access Key [****************CYOf]:
Default region name [N. Virginia]: us-east-1
Default output format [json]:

[ec2-user@ip-172-31-90-10 ~]$ host ec2.us-east-1.amazonaws.com
ec2.us-east-1.amazonaws.com is an alias for ec2.amazonaws.com.
ec2.amazonaws.com has address 54.239.28.168

[ec2-user@ip-172-31-90-10 ~]$ python aws-setup.py
Creating VPC for FireSim...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "aws-setup.py", line 17, in <module>
    vpc.create_tags(Tags=[{"Key": "Name", "Value": vpcname}])
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/boto3/resources/factory.py", line 520, in do_action
    response = action(self, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/boto3/resources/action.py", line 83, in __call__
    response = getattr(parent.meta.client, operation_name)(**params)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/botocore/client.py", line 314, in _api_call
    return self._make_api_call(operation_name, kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/botocore/client.py", line 612, in _make_api_call
    raise error_class(parsed_response, operation_name)
botocore.exceptions.ClientError: An error occurred (InvalidVpcID.NotFound) when calling the CreateTags operation: The vpc ID 'vpc-0efd401863dc80183' does not exist

I have to confess I am stuck now because this script gives little idea what it is trying to do.

Thanks for your help in advance, and for open-sourcing this significant piece of work.

Shreyas Shah

未讀,
2018年5月25日 下午3:24:552018/5/25
收件者:Sagar Karandikar、goo...@kimmitt.uk、fir...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sagar & Team

Great support and good documentation ... After several hours, I could run Linux on Rocket in AWS infrastructure with Firesim.

Welcome to Buildroot
buildroot login: root
Password:
# uname -a
Linux buildroot 4.15.0-rc6-31580-g9c3074b5c2cd #1 SMP Fri May 25 00:08:22 UTC 2018 riscv64 GNU/Linux

Appreciate all your help Sagar.

On a side note, if we want to replace Boomv2 with Rocket, is it just changing the verilog file or should we replace chisel code and run the rest of the infrastructure as is with firesim?

Regards,
Shreyas

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/firesim.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/firesim/8515c77f-716f-4bf4-a874-b17b1065baa6%40googlegroups.com.

Sagar Karandikar

未讀,
2018年5月29日 凌晨2:33:002018/5/29
收件者:Shreyas Shah、fir...@googlegroups.com、David Biancolin
Hi Shreyas,

Great that you got things working!

BOOM will have to be instantiated just like any other design -- you need to plug-in at the Chisel-level. David (CC'd) has been working on running BOOM in FireSim, he can tell you more about the current state of things. Last I heard, it will boot Linux until it reaches userspace, but then hangs.

-Sagar

Shreyas Shah

未讀,
2018年5月29日 上午10:21:412018/5/29
收件者:Sagar Karandikar、fir...@googlegroups.com、David Biancolin
Thanks a lot Sagar for pointing out that David is trying...

Hi David, we tried booting Linux on VU095 board and following we observed.

It always prints RV logo.

1. Then Sometimes Linux got hung while trying to find /bin/mount point  (2 out of 10) and 8/10, it gets hung a stage before reaching to /bin/mount.

I was told by some folks here that FE server is a must to boot linux, that was hard to believe. We have htif interface replaced with shared memory between X86 and RISCV (Boom) working reliably.

It will be good to know your findings and may be we should collaborate to get Linux running on BoomV2 with Firesim - We both have the same goals.

Regards,
Shreyas

On Mon, May 28, 2018 at 11:32 PM, Sagar Karandikar <sag...@eecs.berkeley.edu> wrote:
Hi Shreyas,

Great that you got things working!

BOOM will have to be instantiated just like any other design -- you need to plug-in at the Chisel-level. David (CC'd) has been working on running BOOM in FireSim, he can tell you more about the current state of things. Last I heard, it will boot Linux until it reaches userspace, but then hangs.

-Sagar

David Biancolin

未讀,
2018年6月2日 下午1:28:062018/6/2
收件者:FireSim
I have a branch (rc-bump-may) of FireSim where I'm bumping all of the required submodules to get BOOM running again. We're looking to get that merged into master next week. Once BOOM support is reenabled it should be much easier to collaborate.

You do need the front-end server; but we handle that for you in FireSim.

The main difference is you'll need to set DESIGN=FireBoomNoNIC and TARGET_CONFIG=FireSimBoomConfig. You should try seeing if you can get the assembly tests running in VCS/Verilator on BOOM (https://docs.fires.im/en/latest/Advanced-Usage/RTL-Simulation.html#midas-level-simulation) on that branch.
回覆所有人
回覆作者
轉寄
0 則新訊息