Processing plugin not initializing

Dale Adams

Oct 8, 2012, 11:28:07 PM10/8/12
to field-de...@googlegroups.com
I'm running the latest builds of Processing 2.03b and Field on OSX 10.8.2. I have the plugin enabled and have restarted but it says "Processing bridge didn't initialize". Mecurial is installed.   Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Dale

Marc Downie

Oct 9, 2012, 5:29:40 PM10/9/12
to field-de...@googlegroups.com

2.03b is the version we're using to test that it all works, so this is at least unexpected. Where is your Processing.app living? Field only checks a handful of places (your home directory and /Applications if memory serves).

Can you start Field from the command line (see http://openendedgroup.com/field/BugReports.html ), collect everything that it spits out and either send it to me off list or attach it to a new issue on github (https://github.com/OpenEndedGroup/Field/issues).

best,

Marc.

Dale Adams

Oct 31, 2012, 10:52:40 PM10/31/12
to field-de...@googlegroups.com
So I did get the processing plugin enabled with the help of my friend.  We had to build the individual plugins one by one.  Now it seems the plugin is enabled and the Processing window is open. Nothing is coming through on the Processing window.  It's just white.

Marc Downie

Nov 1, 2012, 9:05:55 AM11/1/12
to Field-development
On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 9:52 PM, Dale Adams <archi...@gmail.com> wrote:
So I did get the processing plugin enabled with the help of my friend.  We had to build the individual plugins one by one.  Now it seems the plugin is enabled and the Processing window is open. Nothing is coming through on the Processing window.  It's just white.

Most unfortunate. But I'm afraid, from here, that the answer is as before: