Embeddable color picker

Miles Peyton

Mar 24, 2012, 6:44:44 PM3/24/12
to field-de...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I recently talked to Marc via email about an issue regarding the Processing window, and am running a newer Processing 2.0 compatible build that he sent me (The 'About Field' says that I'm running Field 14). I did, however, experience the same issue on the newest alpha posted on the openendedgroup website.

When I choose the color picker option from the right click menu, a black rectangle appears in the text, the same dimensions as the slider
object. The color object returns (0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0) when printed, but does not respond to my mouse clicks. When I load the embeddable gui elements tutorial,
the color object is a shade of gray, but still does not respond when clicked.

This seems like an excellent feature that would be very useful for me in rapid prototyping. I'm running Mac OSX 10.7.3 on a MacBook Air, and my graphics card is an Intel HD Graphics 3000.

I hope this helps, and let me know if I can clarify anything.

Miles

Marc Downie

Mar 24, 2012, 7:04:31 PM3/24/12
to field-de...@googlegroups.com

Miles,

This is a know problem with the current build — we even have a solution. People building from source are not effected, but our packaging ant task currently fumbles our attempt to upgrade the SWT color picker.

It will be fixed in the next binary!

best,

Marc

Miles