Where can I find the re-calculate balances button which was in the Fiscal year document ?

HF

Oct 8, 2012, 9:14:23 AM10/8/12
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
I didn't find the re-calculate balances button in the fiscal year document .... I need to do it where can I found it ?

Nabin Hait

Oct 8, 2012, 9:34:16 AM10/8/12
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Dear HF,

We have removed "Repost Account Balance" button from "Fiscal Year", as "Account Balance" table has been deprecated.

"Account Balance" table was there for maintaining period-wise balance for each account and it was used for reporting purpose. Now we calculate account balances directly from GL Entry.

Why you are thinking to recalculate account balances? Is there any issue in accounting report?

On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 6:44 PM, HF <h.far...@gmail.com> wrote:
I didn't find the re-calculate balances button in the fiscal year document .... I need to do it where can I found it ?

Regards,
Nabin Hait

HF

Oct 8, 2012, 10:55:14 AM10/8/12
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
We faced an issue when transferring a some ledgers in the chart of accounts from Liabilities Group to another Group under the current assets we see thge accounts in the tree in their correct locations but the balances of the groups (both the group they transfered to and the group they transfered from) are not correct.
This happens in the chart of accounts browser.

Please help.

Nabin Hait

Oct 9, 2012, 12:40:50 AM10/9/12
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Dear HF,

DId you pulled the latest update? In latest update, this issue should not come because the source of this issue was "Account Balance" which has been deprecated.

If you already pulled latest update, please run the following:

lib/wnf.py -p patches.september_2012.rebuild_trees -f

Regards,
Nabin Hait

Anand Doshi

Oct 9, 2012, 12:46:50 AM10/9/12
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com

Hi HF,

The new update is a bit tedious to implement. Please see update instructions on erpnext github wiki.

Also make sure you do it at a mutually suitable time so that we can be quick to respond if any issues arise.

Thanks,
Anand.

HF

Oct 9, 2012, 4:16:39 AM10/9/12
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Dear Nabin Hait;

My last update was on 24/9/2012

Can I download only this patch and run it, till I make the update ?

Nabin Hait

Oct 9, 2012, 4:26:50 AM10/9/12
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Dear HF,

You can download that patch and run it. But in that case, you have to run following patch after first one.

lib/wnf.py -p patches.before_jan_2012.repost_account_bal -f

First patch for rebuilding account tree and second one for recalculating account balance.

Regards,
Nabin Hait

HF

Oct 9, 2012, 10:23:57 AM10/9/12
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Many Thanks Nabin, it works as you described.