encrypted password

gangadhar kadam

Mar 16, 2013, 3:30:22 AM3/16/13
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hello All,
   I have downloaded the clients database from downloading link and restored it on my local database.Passwords in tabProfile are encrypted and i am unable to login.
How can i decrypt the password for string like *4ACFE3202A5FF5CF467898FC58AAB1D615029441

Thank you all

Anand Doshi

Mar 16, 2013, 3:34:45 AM3/16/13
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com

Hi gangadhar,

You cannot decrypt the password but you can set a new one by logging in as administrator or using an SQL update query setting password=password("new password") for that user.

Sent from my phone

Syed Qadeer

Mar 16, 2013, 3:34:56 AM3/16/13
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
This is MD5 password and hence cannot be decrypted. MD5 comes with one-way encryption , so its not possible for you to decrypt.

गंगाधर कदम

Mar 16, 2013, 4:29:47 AM3/16/13
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Thank You Sir,
    I have updated the password using update tabProfile set password=password("password") where name='administrator' still i am getting incorrect password error. is there any other way to recover password (except forget password link)

Thank you.
Regards,

Thanks & Regards,
Mr.Gangadhar N.Kadam.
Cell: +91 9960066444

Software Engineer,
New Indictrans Technologies Pvt. Ltd., Pune

SAVE TREES - Please consider the environment before printing this email.

SAVE ENERGY - My monitor is off whenever I am away from my desk. I am helping  prevent global warming by reducing consumption of power... ARE YOU?

Anand Doshi

Mar 16, 2013, 4:32:12 AM3/16/13
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com, erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com

Does the database have an __auth table?

Sent from my phone

गंगाधर कदम

Mar 16, 2013, 4:44:28 AM3/16/13
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
yes sir..

Anand Doshi

Mar 16, 2013, 5:05:20 AM3/16/13
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com, erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com

Then set the password in __auth table and not profile table.

Sent from my phone

गंगाधर कदम

Mar 16, 2013, 5:10:37 AM3/16/13
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com