Error on Deleting "ItemGroup"

MiteshC

Jun 12, 2012, 6:31:52 AM6/12/12
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
I have been created Item Group "ABC"
after saving when i pressing delete button displayed in left top side.
then it generating error..

another issue:
errors is not displaying in error console, but its displaying on developer tools of browser..
when i click on error console then page will redirect to "desktop" and then displaying blank error console..
err.PNG
Message has been deleted

MiteshC

Jun 12, 2012, 6:36:01 AM6/12/12
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Error:

{"message": "", "exc": "Traceback (innermost last):
  File \"../lib/py/webnotes/handler.py\", line 184, in handle
    execute_cmd(cmd)
  File \"../lib/py/webnotes/handler.py\", line 219, in execute_cmd
    ret = method()
  File \"../lib/py/webnotes/model/__init__.py\", line 96, in delete_doc
    obj.on_trash()
  File \"/var/www/erpnext/setup/doctype/item_group/item_group.py\", line 69, in on_trash
    if ig:
 NameError: global name 'ig' is not defined
"}

Anand Doshi

Jun 12, 2012, 7:34:20 AM6/12/12
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
HI Mitesh,

Error console has been deprecated and we have removed it from the top navbar.

We have also fixed the error on item group deletion.

Please pull the latest changes.

thanks,
Anand.
> --
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/erpnext-developer-forum?hl=en.

MiteshC

Jun 12, 2012, 12:35:16 PM6/12/12
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
hello Anand,
pulled latest changes from github,,

- unable to access communication(displaying in grey color format
- cant see print formats

MiteshC

Jun 12, 2012, 12:36:21 PM6/12/12
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
print formats are displaying blank...

Anand Doshi

Jun 12, 2012, 12:43:42 PM6/12/12
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi. Please run this
lib/wnf.py --update origin master

Then go to tools in the top navbar and select clear cache & refresh

This should solve your issue.

Thanks,
Anand

Sent from my Xperia™ smartphone

MiteshC <miteshch...@gmail.com> wrote:

print formats are displaying blank...

MiteshC

Jun 12, 2012, 12:47:19 PM6/12/12
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
er1.PNG

MiteshC

Jun 12, 2012, 1:01:42 PM6/12/12
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
hey, i done that..
still same :(

-Mitesh

Anand Doshi

Jun 12, 2012, 11:28:21 PM6/12/12
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi mitesh,

The print format and communication issues are due to patches not having run without error.

Follow these steps and let us know if you face any issues. Just paste the output of these commands in reply to this email.

1. Go to the folder where you have installed erpnext, using terminal.
2. git branch
3. git pull origin master
4. cd lib
5. git branch
6. git pull origin master
7. cd ..
8. lib/wnf.py -l
9. lib/wnf.py --sync_all
10. Start erpnext in your browser. Go to tools (on the black bar of erpnext) --> clear cache & refresh
11. Logout and login back.

(the new command

lib/wnf.py --update origin master

will do the work of steps 2 to 9.
But use it from next time onwards as you seem to have incomplete pulls of erpnext and wnframework.)

Let us know the output and the result.

Thanks,
Anand.

Sent from my Xperia™ smartphone

Mitesh Chudasama

Jun 13, 2012, 1:08:50 AM6/13/12
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
yup, its done, thanks anand.. :)

-Mitesh

MiteshC

Jun 13, 2012, 9:53:50 AM6/13/12
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
hello,
After completed above process of updating, Completely lost inserted fields.. and many stuffs.. :(

Anand Doshi

Jun 13, 2012, 10:10:31 AM6/13/12
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mitesh,

Where did you insert the fields? Did you insert the fields directly in
the doctype? or using custom fields?

Please give more details.

Thanks,
Anand.
> --
> "ERPNext Developer Forum" group.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msg/erpnext-developer-forum/-/_uyxZ5XRy20J.

MiteshC

Jun 13, 2012, 10:31:42 AM6/13/12
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
custom field -> new custom field -> enter document name -> view document ->
Now go to fields table, i used buttons given in right top side for add fields..

Anand Doshi

Jun 13, 2012, 10:43:13 AM6/13/12
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mitesh,

That was not the recommended way to add fields to an existing DocType.
To add custom fields, Custom Field Form can be used.

Since you had added fields directly to doctype, whenever we push a
schema update, your changes will get lost.

The fields may have been lost, but the columns do not get deleted and
your data still exists in the database.

In your case, I recommend that you add the fields you lost as Custom
Fields and not directly to the DocType.

If you still want to add custom fields directly to DocType, you can do
so, at the cost that you will have to resolve merge conflicts. To
enable you to add fields to DocType directly,
1. In conf.py, set, developer_mode = 1
2. Now, create fields in the DocType and save the form.
3. On save, since developer_mode is 1, it will update the schema to
the file system in the doctype's .txt file.
4. Now, whenever we make changes to the schema, we also update the
.txt file for that doctype. Hence, you will need to manage the merge
conflicts on your own. We wouldn't be able to give any help on that
front.

I would recommend going with the Custom Field option. Its hassle free.

Thanks,
Anand.
> --
> "ERPNext Developer Forum" group.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msg/erpnext-developer-forum/-/23myNXH6VbYJ.

Rushabh Mehta

Jun 13, 2012, 12:38:19 PM6/13/12
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Mitesh,

Just a friendly reminder that if you are developing your own modules, you are required to make them Open Source under the GPL license. A fork on github would be just fine. If you do, you might find others too who might be willing to contribute.

best,
Rushabh

Mitesh Chudasama

Jun 14, 2012, 1:43:56 AM6/14/12
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hello Rushabh,

Sure, we would like to contribute, currently we are understanding the system and doing customization at field level.
We have 2-3 ideas, that we will share and contribute in short time.

We are also thinking of permission level of report level.

If you have any idea or a pending module to be develop fell free to let us know.

Thanks,
Mitesh

Rushabh Mehta

Jun 14, 2012, 2:19:54 AM6/14/12
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mitesh,

Great - it will be good for you too if you start publishing your work (for starters you will get advice for free).

We have tons of work to be done, here is a list:

https://github.com/webnotes/erpnext/wiki/Feature-Suggestions

If you hang around, we could pass on some feature requests from customer to you (but it would be your job to convince them and you could charge whatever you like) under the condition that whatever you make must be made available to the community as per the terms of GPL.

If you can get some feature requests done for us we could also pay you + give tech support as needed (and other customers like Aditya can also pitch in :). I am sharing this publicly because there might be other developers who may be interested.

As far as new modules are concerned, we have had requests to make modules for Real Estate, Non-profits, Schools and Colleges, Logistics etc. but we usually turn the customers away. So there might be an untapped market in these domains.

best,
Rushabh

ERPNext - Business Operating System

W: https://erpnext.com