Paid Development Oppurtunity: Required Permissions Manager for Reports and Replace Search Criteria

Aditya Duggal

Jun 13, 2012, 1:33:53 AM6/13/12
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,

I am willing to sponsor a feature in the stock ERP where we could have a permissions manager for all the reports and replace the old search criteria reports with the current report builder.

The reasons for the change:
  • Old Search Criteria is not as good as the new report builder
  • The new report builder does not have the ability to add custom criterion and also we cannot refer to more than One table in the new report builder
  • All reports are easily accessible by all the employees
What would be needed:
  • Most Important: Replace the old search criteria with the new report builder.
  • Add a table of permissions manager in the reports so that each report has its own permissions
    • The permissions can be FULL access of the report.
    • Only viewing access of the report that is the EXPORT feature is not there
    • Restricted viewing of the report like a person can only view upto 50 records or 100 records of the report and of course they would not have the right to export.
    • The permissions manager should be able to assign the permission either to user or to a ROLE.
Please let me know if any one is interested in developing this kind of  the thing for the standard product.

Rushabh Mehta

Jun 13, 2012, 1:38:19 AM6/13/12
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
How much? We might chip in some amount too and a lot of tech support :)

But is there anyone who wants to build this?

Mitesh Chudasama

Jun 13, 2012, 2:26:23 AM6/13/12
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
hello.
i also suffering from report issue.

Addy

Rushabh Mehta

Jun 13, 2012, 12:24:19 PM6/13/12
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Really depends. The first couple of reports might be tough, but after that it should be a hour / 2 hrs per report. Maybe 8-10 days of work.

We will get there (hopefully soon) - after we finish Test Cases. At the moment its priority #1.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/erpnext-developer-forum/-/dc4cRogxa38J.