Why do we see 2 versions of the same Print Format?

Aditya Duggal

Nov 20, 2012, 10:19:17 PM11/20/12
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have been playing a bit the print formats and I have noticed that there are like 2 versions of every print format.
  1. The first version is the one in which we see the print preview of the document by default
    • In this version, I have never seen the Letter Head being displayed.
    • The table borders can be different from the 2nd version.
  2. The second version is the one which we see as a print preview on pressing the print button
    • This version displays the Letter head
    • The table borders can be different from the 1st version.

The above 2 things have bamboozled me and since I am not well conversed with HTML, I would request someone to explain to me where exactly the difference is coming from, I have attached a sample code for analysis.

What I am looking for is:

  1. Both versions should be equivalent, that is, both should fetch the letter head from the document.
  2. Look and feel of the default preview should be same as the one which comes on paper.

Hope that someone can help me out with the code.

Sample Print Format Code.txt

Aditya Duggal

Dec 24, 2012, 10:41:01 AM12/24/12
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I know you people have been quite busy churning out some awesome updates, but I would be more than happy if anyone could answer this simple query. I know since I am not very well versed with the coding part, therefore I am facing such an issue.

Do let me know if there is any help you could provide me on this issue.

Rushabh Mehta

Dec 24, 2012, 11:32:14 AM12/24/12
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Aditya,

It is because the style settings are made on basic elements like TABLE rather than creating css classes for the same. We know its a short coming and we will eventually get to correcting this mistake.

If anyone wants to take a shot and is aware of how to set and assign CSS style classes, please go ahead!

best,
Rushabh

W: https://erpnext.com
T: @rushabh_mehta