How to tell sinan not to create app files

adrian....@gmail.com

Jun 28, 2012, 9:55:04 AM6/28/12
to erlware-...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone, i am working on a big project, where some erl files are included in src dirs, but they aren`t listed in app file. Sinan in vsn 4.1.1 creates new app files from all erl files in src directory. Do anyone know how to avoid this problem ? Any help will be appreciated. Thx.

Eric Merritt

Jun 28, 2012, 10:08:25 AM6/28/12
to erlware-...@googlegroups.com
Adrian,

There is no option for that at the moment. though it is not hard to
add. Just out of curiosity why is it required that your app file be
inaccurate? I suspect if we knew that we could probably help you fix
the underlying problem.

Eric

adrian....@gmail.com

Jun 30, 2012, 12:31:46 PM6/30/12
to erlware-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Eric, in this project some erl files are included in src directories, but they are currently unused (but in further version they`ll be). Becouse of this, I`ve prepared my own app files, where I listed only these files, which I currently need. And now my problem appears. Sinan`s command build generate not only beam files, but also app files which contain all modules in src directory. I need to hold these unused files in src directories and I have no idea, how to force sinan not to generate app files. I truly hope you`ll be able to help me. Thank you in advance

Eric Merritt

Jun 30, 2012, 12:35:24 PM6/30/12
to erlware-...@googlegroups.com
Adrian,

I will add a flag to disable this behavior. Thats no problem and we
can support your use case. However, I should warn you that you really
shouldn't be distributing erl/beam files that you dont intend to use.
From the sound of things you have some problems in how you do version
control/releases that you should really take a look at.

Eric
> --
> "erlware-questions" group.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msg/erlware-questions/-/-Zr0saxDL-sJ.

adrian....@gmail.com

Jul 2, 2012, 2:39:43 AM7/2/12
to erlware-...@googlegroups.com
Eric,

You`ve hit the nail on the head. I`ve a mess with versions control/releases indeed. Adding a special flag will solve that problem.I appreciate your help. Could you inform me when this modification will have finished ? (or where can I find an info about it).

Adrian.

adrian....@gmail.com

Jul 16, 2012, 9:16:15 AM7/16/12
to erlware-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Eric.

I`m refreshing this subject and I`m asking for answer about my previous question is it fixed and how can i change it in my application. Btw i`ve found another mistake in sinan. Sinan cannot generate build if it don`t find an ebin directory in any module directory (ie. in one on my module i`ve got only include dir and than sinan failed).

Adrian