Can't start new project

已查看 45 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Brandy

未读,
2012年4月13日 23:04:492012/4/13
收件人 django...@googlegroups.com
After first installing Django, I am able to use "django-admin.py startproject <projectname>" with no problem. After a while, if I try to start a new project, my editor opens and no files or directories are created. After doing LOTS of research, it turns out this is a rather common problem/bug. I have tried what feels like everything. I have edited the PATH, checked that all appropriate registry entries are "python.exe" "%1" %* (I even tried %%), I've tried variations of "django-admin startproject" and "python django-admin startproject". The only thing that has worked so far is reinstalling Django. However, I wind up encountering the same problem eventually. Does anyone have a permanent fix not listed here? I am running Python27, Django 1.4, and Windows 7. Thanks in advance.

Jani Tiainen

未读,
2012年4月14日 00:51:332012/4/14
收件人 django...@googlegroups.com
Are you using virtual environments?

Since I've been doing all my django development on windows last 3 years without any major problems...

On Sat, Apr 14, 2012 at 6:04 AM, Brandy <brandy....@yahoo.com> wrote:
After first installing Django, I am able to use "django-admin.py startproject <projectname>" with no problem. After a while, if I try to start a new project, my editor opens and no files or directories are created. After doing LOTS of research, it turns out this is a rather common problem/bug. I have tried what feels like everything. I have edited the PATH, checked that all appropriate registry entries are "python.exe" "%1" %* (I even tried %%), I've tried variations of "django-admin startproject" and "python django-admin startproject". The only thing that has worked so far is reinstalling Django. However, I wind up encountering the same problem eventually. Does anyone have a permanent fix not listed here? I am running Python27, Django 1.4, and Windows 7. Thanks in advance.

Jani Tiainen

- Well planned is half done, and a half done has been sufficient before...

Brandy

未读,
2012年4月14日 01:19:442012/4/14
收件人 django...@googlegroups.com
No, I'm not using virtual environments.

On Friday, April 13, 2012 11:51:33 PM UTC-5, Jani Tiainen wrote:
[...]

2012年4月14日 01:45:322012/4/14
收件人 django...@googlegroups.com
I really suggest you to use virtualenv, it makes your life easier in the long run. Also I use a TCC/LE instead of powershell / cmd prompt to mimic more unix like environment.

Though you mentioned " After a while, if I try to start a new project, my editor opens and no files or directories are created. "  what you exactly mean by that?

I feel that I should write short article how to make development in win7 slightly less painful...

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/django-users/-/MFfD9AEjNQUJ.

Brandy

未读,
2012年4月14日 13:27:102012/4/14
收件人 django...@googlegroups.com
What I mean is, I can create 2 or 3 new projects without problems. I play with them and create files, etc. Then, for whatever reason, when I run django-admin.py startproject <projectname> again, an editor widow opens (emacs in my case, since that is what I was using), and django doesn't create any files. All I can do is edit the projects I already have created.

Jani Tiainen

未读,
2012年4月14日 14:52:002012/4/14
收件人 django...@googlegroups.com
Sounds very goofy. django-admin.py just creates files, doesn't open any editors so there is somthing really fishy going on in your machine...

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/django-users/-/wTBEfVJGr6AJ.

Brandy

未读,
2012年4月15日 15:04:522012/4/15
收件人 django...@googlegroups.com
If you would like to read more about the issue, I found the error already reported on the Python website: http://bugs.python.org/issue7936

Jani Tiainen

未读,
2012年4月15日 15:42:002012/4/15
收件人 django...@googlegroups.com
It's apparently TCC/LE which saves me about all that command execution and arg passing hazzle.. :)

Never used plain command prompt so I've been immune to peculiarities of Windows command line utilities.

I suggest you give it a try - it's really nice.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/django-users/-/s6D9Wg1pl50J.

Brandy

未读,
2012年4月15日 18:23:462012/4/15
收件人 django...@googlegroups.com
I certainly will. Thanks for the advice:)

Jani Tiainen

未读,
2012年4月16日 01:07:492012/4/16
收件人 django...@googlegroups.com
One more advice so you don't get caught with the problems:

(Well I suggest that you start using virtualenvs as well, they really rock)

After installing TCC/LE create one batch file (I use tcstart.btm) with
the following contents:

@echo off
rem Set python binding to handle virtualenvironments
set .py;.pyc=python.exe

Note, if you're not using virtual environments or not have your python
in the path use full absolute path instead of just "python.exe".

Create a shortcut on your desktop (or anywhere you like).

Open properties of the shortcut and set "target" to something like
"C:\Program Files (x86)\JPSoft\TCCLE12\tcc.exe" "c:\mysettings\tcstart.btm"

And of course, "start in" is good to place where ever you have your
projects, removes need for extra cd.

This should get you up and running smoothly and should get around the
problem of windows peculiarities in python invocation.

16.4.2012 1:23, Brandy kirjoitti:
> [...]

> https://groups.google.com/d/msg/django-users/-/s6D9Wg1pl50J
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msg/django-users/-/s6D9Wg1pl50J>.

> To post to this group, send email to
> django...@googlegroups.com

> <mailto:django...@googlegroups.com>.

> django-users...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:django-users%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>.

> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en

> <http://groups.google.com/group/django-users?hl=en>.

> --
> Jani Tiainen
>
> - Well planned is half done, and a half done has been sufficient
> before...
>
> --

> django-users...@googlegroups.com.

> For more options, visit this group at

Jani Tiainen

- Well planned is half done and a half done has been sufficient before...

Sandra

未读,
2012年4月29日 19:29:182012/4/29
收件人 Django users
I have the same problem Jani had and I tried this but it is not
working for me. The window still appears when i run "django-admin.py
startproject <name>". The window is the django-admin file and the text
it contents is:

#!/usr/bin/env python
from django.core import management
if __name__ == "__main__":