GeoIP install failure, advice needed

DF

May 24, 2012, 5:39:46 PM5/24/12
to django...@googlegroups.com
Several hours of frustration here and looking to see if anyone has any advice.

I'm trying to install GeoIP vie Homebrew and receive the following error just prior to the install finishing:

"Error: The linking step did not complete successfully
The formula built, but is not symlinked into /usr/local
You can try again using `brew link geoip'"

brew link geoip returned this error:

"Error: Could not symlink file: /usr/local/Cellar/geoip/1.4.8/etc/GeoIP.conf.default
/usr/local/etc is not writable. You should change its permissions."

I'm not entirely familiar with permissions and such and was wondering what I needed to do from the command line to get this to link properly. Any help greatly appreciated.

Andre Terra

May 24, 2012, 5:41:39 PM5/24/12
to django...@googlegroups.com
sudo brew link geoip? Total guess, btw.