Re: [DIYbio] Checkout my new website called labdonkey.com

Message has been deleted

Nathan McCorkle

Aug 24, 2012, 4:10:04 PM8/24/12
to diy...@googlegroups.com
Seems alright, you should definitely target more people than just DIYbio...

On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 2:03 PM, Labdonkey <thela...@gmail.com> wrote:
> A microconsultancy website where science professionals can offer their
> services to general public or other science professionals. My hope is it
> will help the DIYers too ... it will be nice to see experts placing ads at
> labdonkey to offer microservices like "i will help your local microbrew
> group during weekends for $100 or offer plasmid prep lectures for $100" etc.
> What do you guys think?
>
> --

Nathan McCorkle
Rochester Institute of Technology
College of Science, Biotechnology/Bioinformatics

Labdonkey

Aug 27, 2012, 2:54:32 PM8/27/12
to diy...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the reply. I am trying to target more consultants as well ... Solomon

Jeswin

Aug 27, 2012, 3:17:26 PM8/27/12
to diy...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 2:03 PM, Labdonkey <thela...@gmail.com> wrote:
> A microconsultancy website where science professionals can offer their
> services to general public or other science professionals. My hope is it
> will help the DIYers too ... it will be nice to see experts placing ads at
> labdonkey to offer microservices like "i will help your local microbrew
> group during weekends for $100 or offer plasmid prep lectures for $100" etc.
> What do you guys think?

Are you located in Philadelphia, PA?

Jonathan Cline

Aug 28, 2012, 8:22:15 PM8/28/12
to diy...@googlegroups.com

On Tuesday, August 21, 2012 11:03:08 AM UTC-7, Labdonkey wrote:
A microconsultancy website where science professionals can offer their services to general public or other science professionals.

Who's the donkey in this scenario and is that considered a good thing?

--
## Jonathan Cline
## jcl...@ieee.org

John Griessen

Aug 29, 2012, 10:30:24 AM8/29/12
to diy...@googlegroups.com
On 08/28/2012 07:22 PM, Jonathan Cline wrote:
> Who's the donkey in this scenario and is that considered a good thing?

Whoever's lashed to the wheel of productivity :-)

He's just aiming the service at the normal "head in the clouds"
researcher with funds to spend on "the boring grunt work". The donkey work.

Keep more footloose bio-engineer "donkeys" in beans with a
roof over their heads is the "good thing" of it.

I'll have to try a listing or two.

Labdonkey

Aug 31, 2012, 9:53:49 PM8/31/12
to diy...@googlegroups.com
Hi Phillyj I work in Philly ... Biomed scientist

Labdonkey

Aug 31, 2012, 11:40:59 PM8/31/12
to diy...@googlegroups.com
Thanks John. You are absolutely right :-)

Labdonkey is a scientific skills marketplace connecting the "footloose scientific community" who are enthusiastic about doing  "the boring grunt work" for paying clients. I know money is a five letter word but ... it helps get things done.

Sebastian S. Cocioba

Aug 31, 2012, 11:46:35 PM8/31/12
to diy...@googlegroups.com
I might offer my micropropagation and tissue culture services with discounts for members in the diyBio community and potential freebies for those with awesome projects. :)

Sebastian S Cocioba
CEO & Founder
New York Botanics, LLC

Sent via Mobile E-Mail

Bio events

Aug 31, 2012, 11:49:54 PM8/31/12
to diy...@googlegroups.com
Awesome .. you are welcome to list your ad on labdonkey.com

Stephanie

Sep 2, 2012, 11:52:31 AM9/2/12
to diy...@googlegroups.com
Hi all. I don’t often contribute to the list, but I follow along with great interest. I was wondering whether there is any interest in DIYbio t-shirts, or if shirts are already available somewhere. I was thinking of doing a simple blue and white logo on a black shirt, using Café Press. Any interest?

Nathan McCorkle

Sep 2, 2012, 12:35:32 PM9/2/12
to diy...@googlegroups.com

I think we should have a slogan contest!!

On Sep 2, 2012 11:53 AM, "Stephanie" <st...@photofischer.net> wrote:
Hi all. I don’t often contribute to the list, but I follow along with great interest. I was wondering whether there is any interest in DIYbio t-shirts, or if shirts are already available somewhere. I was thinking of doing a simple blue and white logo on a black shirt, using Café Press. Any interest?

Avery louie

Sep 2, 2012, 12:42:24 PM9/2/12
to diy...@googlegroups.com

I have a diybio logo screen.

Alex Hoekstra

Sep 3, 2012, 8:28:57 AM9/3/12
to diy...@googlegroups.com
Well if you're into shirts, there's an Open Science Kickstarter campaign right now with some pretty awesome T-shirts available as rewards.

=)

Katherine Gordon

Sep 3, 2012, 10:08:35 AM9/3/12
to diy...@googlegroups.com