Comments don't submit in WordPress mu

Eric B

Jun 27, 2012, 5:33:12 PM6/27/12
to digr...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I've installed digress.it with a WordPress mu installation, but I'm unable to post a comment -- the animation on the "submit comment" button keeps moving along, but nothing happens. I have all other plugins deactivated. Any ideas, please? I'm testing here, in case you'd like to take a look:

Thanks in advance,

-- Eric

Edi

Jun 27, 2012, 6:05:27 PM6/27/12
to digr...@googlegroups.com
When I click your link I'm redirected to

https://quote.ucsd.edu/bakovic/

Could this perhaps cause the problem?

Edi

Eddie A Tejeda

Jun 27, 2012, 6:27:19 PM6/27/12
to digr...@googlegroups.com
I've seen this issue before. It could be that the site is both in a subdomain and has a subdirectory site. Can you try it in a domain with just subdomains?

--
Eddie A Tejeda

Eddie A Tejeda

Eric B

Eddie A Tejeda

Jun 29, 2012, 6:56:08 PM6/29/12
to digr...@googlegroups.com
If the site was hosted on a URL like this: http://bakovic.ucsd.edu/ you'll have less problems, but because the URL has an extra directory, like this: http://quote.ucsd.edu/bakovic/ it causes problems.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/digressit/-/KxaAngCigawJ.

Eddie A Tejeda

Eric B

Jul 2, 2012, 2:37:58 PM7/2/12
to digr...@googlegroups.com
Thanks. Isn't this typical of a WordPress mu installation, though? And is there no other way to avoid this problem?

-- Eric

Eric B

Aug 6, 2012, 5:20:44 PM8/6/12
to digr...@googlegroups.com
I had the same problem with CommentPress, and in that case it turned out that the problem was with the https environment, not with the subdirectory. Christian Wach fixed the AJAX commenting plugin accordingly and CommentPress now works for me.

Of course the problem with digress.it may be different; I'll leave that to you to figure out. :-)

-- Eric