How can I add new language to the Dataverse?

Piyapong Charoenwattana

Jan 28, 2019, 1:03:13 PM1/28/19
to Dataverse Dev
I would like to add a new language to the Dataverse, but I could not find any instruction to do that. Does anyone know about this? Where can find the instructions?

Thank you,

Philip Durbin

Jan 28, 2019, 1:36:39 PM1/28/19
to datave...@googlegroups.com
Hello! The process of adding a new language is exactly what's being discussed over at the dataverse-internationalization-wg mailing list and I'd like to encourage you to join and check out this "Language files repo setup + language packages" thread especially: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/dataverse-internationalization-wg/zJbDzSNN-80/hmH98ajQCQAJ

Replies on that thread would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Phil

On Mon, Jan 28, 2019 at 1:03 PM Piyapong Charoenwattana <piyapong.ch...@gmail.com> wrote:
I would like to add a new language to the Dataverse, but I could not find any instruction to do that. Does anyone know about this? Where can find the instructions?

Thank you,

Philip Durbin

May 30, 2019, 6:35:14 AM5/30/19
to datave...@googlegroups.com
Hi Piyapong,

I'm realizing that I'm not clear on which question you're asking:

- As a sysadmin, make an additional language available to my users?
- As a translator, how do I contribute a new language to Dataverse?

I hope this helps. Please keep the questions coming!

Thanks,

Phil