Community Call Tomorrow (8/15) at Noon EDT

danny...@g.harvard.edu

Aug 14, 2017, 5:10:23 PM8/14/17
to Dataverse Users Community
We'll hold our regular community call at Noon EDT tomorrow. Please join us!

Philip Durbin

Aug 15, 2017, 1:39:27 PM8/15/17
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Great call, everyone. Here are the notes Julian and I took at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vAZSKwvtrCKgJyTuGPjkNUbNoMKpUhEljJHKRQZPgKE/edit?usp=sharing

2017-08-15 Dataverse Community Call

Agenda

* Roadmap Updates
* Community Topics

Attendees

* Danny Brooke (IQSS)
* Pete Meyer (HMS)
* Courtney Mumma (TDL)
* Brian (IQSS)
* Oscar (IQSS)
* Gustavo (IQSS)
* Julian (IQSS)
* Matthew (IQSS)
* Phil (IQSS)
* Tania (IQSS)
* Sherry (UVA)

Notes

* Roadmap Updates
   * "Roadmap Changes" email: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/dataverse-community/3jbmJiD22Os/H7f0-dv5BgAJ
* Community Topics
   * (Courtney) Harvard and Odum are already on the "Data Repositories Conformant with the [Department of Transportation] Public Access Plan" list at  https://ntl.bts.gov/publicaccess/repositories.html and would like help knowing what was done to be conformant. (CM posted to user community list)
      * (Sherry) I have contacts there and will try to help.
   * (Sherry) A user at UVA is interested in cloud storage. "Oracle stuff." Interested in the Data Capture Module ( http://guides.dataverse.org/en/4.7.1/installation/data-capture-module.html ) .
      * (Pete) DCM works with a POSIX filesystem, not object storage such as S3 or Swift.
   * (Danny) Sherry, can you tell us about your recent launch?
      * (Sherry) "Open Content" is now at http://libra.virginia.edu along with Dataverse and a third offering.
   * (Phil) Have Sherry or Courtney had a chance to try 4.7.1’s Dataverse customization features
   * (Courtney) Haven’t tried yet. Will have updates in next community meeting.
   * (Sherry) Haven’t tried it, yet.
   * (Pete) Working on customization features now and getting feedback to dev team.
* (Julian) Any thoughts on integrations between the services at http://libra.virginia.edu, i.e. being able to connect data in UVA’s Dataverse installation to other research outputs in UVA’s other services?
   * (Sherry) Researchers can enter DOIs (other PIDs?) in metadata fields when depositing resources in the services, but there are no plans yet for automating links between resources in different services.
* (Sherry) Wondering about alternativeURL Metadata Field should be Clickable - https://github.com/IQSS/dataverse/issues/3337
   * (Gustavo) Dev effort possibly still required.
* (Sherry) Elsevier has bought Bepress. Is there any discussion about Dataverse being acquired by Elsevier?
   * (Danny) No plans to be acquired. :)
* (Phil) "EZID DOI Service is Evolving": http://www.cdlib.org/cdlinfo/2017/08/04/ezid-doi-service-is-evolving/ . Harvard Dataverse is also affected. Plenty of time to move to DataCite.
   * (Sherry) UVa’s EZID year subscription is up in January 2018 (or that’s when we 1st started paying).