Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

danny...@g.harvard.edu

ungelesen,
10.08.2017, 14:09:1610.08.17
an Dataverse Users Community

Hi everyone,

In the next few days, we'll be making some changes to our roadmap and I’d like to provide some more information and visibility into why those changes are being made.

We’ve switched focus to making Dataverse available on AWS S3 over our last few sprints, and we’ll make this functionality available to the community in this quarter. We’ve always intended to make Dataverse available on as many infrastructures as reasonably possible. Harvard is currently transitioning its storage and application infrastructure to AWS, and the hardware that Harvard Dataverse runs on is going away. Prioritizing AWS integration now helps us keep Harvard Dataverse running smoothly, and it provides benefits to the community as well. AWS S3 provides a new option for hosting, and those already running on AWS can make use of S3 as a less expensive option than EBS.

Provenance integration will be included along with Support for Sensitive Data in Q4. With these two features completed, Dataverse will be better able to track the origin of and changes to stored data over time, and data with significant privacy concerns will be safer and more clearly delineated. Working on these two features together will allow us to approach Dataverse’s design more holistically and make deeper, more considered changes to Dataset and File workflows.

Streaming Data is being moved to Q2 2018. We’re still planning on supporting this and other new types of research data, but we still have some things to figure out before we can build it. We’re talking with our grant partners from BARI as we figure out the next steps. As we move into 2018, we’ll have a better idea of how to best support streaming data in Dataverse.

Thanks to all of our community members for your flexibility, and please let us know if you have any questions!

Thanks,

Danny

Allen antworten
Antwort an Autor