making it easier to contribute to Dataverse (SpinachCon 2018)

Philip Durbin

Mar 13, 2018, 7:41:13 PM3/13/18
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
We keep trying to make it easier to contribute to Dataverse.

I've been working on the Developer Guide to make the page about setting up a development environment more focused and much shorter. You can see what I'm up to at https://github.com/IQSS/dataverse/issues/4419

I'm making these improvements now because Dataverse is participating in SpinachCon again next Friday (12:30 until 5pm), like we did two years ago[1]. If you happen to be in Boston, you are welcome to come by Dataverse headquarters since we're providing space for the event this year. The Debian and GNOME projects will have tables as well. For details, please see https://github.com/IQSS/dataverse/issues/4505

SpinachCon is described as "a hackfest for user experience and new contributor feedback. The idea is that sometimes free software 'has a little spinach in it's teeth' and it needs its friends to let it know in a friendly way."

You can also participate by giving feedback via this thread or the issues above.

Thanks, as always, for all the contributions to Dataverse you've already made!

Phil