Inquery

Lokesh Jasrai

Aug 7, 2013, 1:04:50 AM8/7/13
to dataanalys...@googlegroups.com
Dear Neeraj Sir

Pls tell me about assumption of normality in multiple regression-

Either dependent or independent all varaibles should be mormally distributed in the population or only dependent variable?

I am having one dependent- CS of MVAS(Mobile value added services)

IDP- 4 m-commerce, m-education, m- health and m-entertainment

DP AND IDP ( measured 10 points scale)

--
Thanks&Regards
Lokesh Jasrai

Lokesh Jasrai

Aug 8, 2013, 6:19:15 AM8/8/13
to dataanalys...@googlegroups.com

Neeraj Kaushik

Aug 8, 2013, 6:48:09 AM8/8/13
to dataanalys...@googlegroups.com
Dear Lokesh
Neither DV nor IDV need to be normally distributed. Its just the error terms (called residuals) shd be normally distributed with all IDVs, DV as well as Time else it is a violation of assumptions of OLS regression.
Regards
Neeraj

Lokesh Jasrai

Aug 11, 2013, 11:57:13 PM8/11/13
to dataanalys...@googlegroups.com
Dear Neeraj Sir and all group members

Sir, please tell which one is the substitute of One Sample T-test of Non-parametric tests.

Neeraj Kaushik

Aug 12, 2013, 11:54:25 AM8/12/13
to dataanalys...@googlegroups.com
1 sample Wilcoxin Signed Rank test
Read details on http://www.originlab.com/index.aspx?go=Products/Origin/Statistics/NonparametricTests&pid=1083

Lokesh Jasrai

Aug 13, 2013, 5:09:08 AM8/13/13
to dataanalys...@googlegroups.com
Dear Sir

Thanks 4 d reply....but i do not have that software dat is mentioned in the link...Sir, do SPSS provide the same test?

Neeraj Kaushik

Aug 13, 2013, 5:28:03 AM8/13/13
to dataanalys...@googlegroups.com
Yes it is there in SPSS
Click on Analyze->Non parametric test->One Sample
There're 3 tabs: Objective, Fields, Settings
In Objective, click on Customize analysis
In Field, send the var about which we want tdo check against a given value in LHS pane
In Settings, we've 3 options
a) Choose test: Here click on Customize test and click on Compare median to hypothesized
Give hypothesized median value here
b) Test options: includes options of sig level
c) Missing value: By default missing value cases are excluded
Then click on Run
It shd give the output

But in my system, it gives license problem

Execution of this command stops.
Error: no license to run Component npar

No idea about how to resolve this

Best wishes