Energy Absorber Question

Jeff K

Aug 27, 2012, 1:27:59 PM8/27/12
to cult-...@googlegroups.com

Hey all,

I was checking out the Power Sets: Brick by Paul Stefko and I thought it was a great article.

For those that have seen it, I have a question for you on the Energy Absorber: Do you do not need a separate Power Quality to generate and store the charges?

I would have thought that the Defends would stop the damage and then a separate Useful Power Quality would be Attached to the Defends to generate and store the charges.

Is that not how it works?  Does not each Quality have a single function/purpose?

In a previous post, I asked about how to build Audrey “Powerhound” O’Niel from the Grim War setting.  I didn't get any and answers and this is right along those lines.

I'm obviously still working on the nuances of the rules and I appreciate all the help that I can get.

Thanks in advance.

Paul Stefko

Aug 27, 2012, 2:18:30 PM8/27/12
to cult-...@googlegroups.com
My thinking when I designed that power was that the charges don't actually do anything in their own, so there didn't need to be separate qualities for generating/storing them. They really are just a meta-mechanical conceit, and that is worked into the Charged flaw on any powers that draw on them.

Paul Stefko

Sent from my iPhone