Podcast/Video for coworking.

Craig Baute - Creative Density Coworking

Aug 1, 2011, 4:15:42 PM8/1/11
to Coworking
I'm a big fan of podcasts and the occasional online video series like
the ones on Revision3, Twit, or CNET. After being in the coworking
world as a community manager/owner for a year I would like to start
producing a regular podcasts or video about coworking for the greater
community where we discuss current topics brought up in the group,
highlight new spaces opening up in the world, and share unique aspects
of our spaces.

I have a videographer/audio guy as a coworking member that is really
excited about the idea and has experience publishing series online.
Neither one of us have recorded people over Skype or any other video
system for a live recording but I don't think its anything we can't
learn in a short while. The format and time length still need
developed and tested. It will lean more towards operators of the space
much like this Google Group.

Would this be something that the group would be interested in
participating in? I don't want it to be a Creative Density or Colorado
Coworking podcasts and would like to have several voices heard
throughout its run.

Let me know.

Craig Baute
@CreativeDensity

Alex Hillman

Aug 1, 2011, 4:33:20 PM8/1/11
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
I'd love to revive www.thecoworkers.com. I just can't own it!
> --

/ah
indyhall.org
coworking in philadelphia

Derek Neighbors

Aug 1, 2011, 4:37:22 PM8/1/11
to cowo...@googlegroups.com, Katie M.A Charland
Craig/Alex,

Gangplank would be interested in participating.

--
Derek Neighbors
Gangplank

Anne Kirby

Aug 1, 2011, 8:07:24 PM8/1/11
to Coworking
It's a great idea!!

A few of our members have also shown interest in the podcast for the
coworking community concept. I did a podcast / video cast called
Creatively Wired for years and we're lucky to have a few podcasters /
videographers in the group. We'd be happy to help or participate in
some way. Maybe this could help encourage cross networking between
other spaces. Interviews from different members in spaces all over the
world :)

On Aug 1, 4:37 pm, Derek Neighbors <de...@gangplankhq.com> wrote:
> Craig/Alex,
>
> Gangplank would be interested in participating.
>
> --
> Derek Neighbors
> Gangplank
>
> On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 1:33 PM, Alex Hillman
> <dangerouslyawes...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > I'd love to revivewww.thecoworkers.com. I just can't own it!
>
> > On Monday, August 1, 2011, Craig Baute - Creative Density Coworking <

john....@gmail.com

Aug 1, 2011, 11:44:23 PM8/1/11
to cowo...@googlegroups.com

Definitely a great idea!  One of our rooms may find a purpose as a podcast room as a few members have already asked. Podacting still huge.

Anything we can do to help, just holler.

sent from an android tablet.

Cari

Aug 2, 2011, 2:36:44 PM8/2/11
to Coworking
I'd be interested in helping with the videoconferencing part of it
(for instance, having 2 coworking experts from 2 different cities
called in to the same podcast). You can email me at
soc...@lifesize.com and we can discuss more.

On Aug 1, 10:44 pm, "john.wil...@gmail.com" <john.wil...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Definitely a great idea!  One of our rooms may find a purpose as a podcast
> room as a few members have already asked. Podacting still huge.
>
> Anything we can do to help, just holler.
>
> sent from an android tablet.
> On Aug 1, 2011 6:07 PM, "Anne Kirby" <creativehouseoflancas...@gmail.com>

Jonathan Yankovich

Aug 2, 2011, 3:55:53 PM8/2/11
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
I can't believe its been 8 months since the last episode of TheCoworkers!

I'm also interested in keeping this alive.  I have fairly extensive experience in media production including large, complicated web projects and experience in AV and production.

I could take the role of Producer and do the following:

- Manage booking schedule
- Record the show
- Publish the show

I propose using Skype + call recorder and each person using a laptop, preferably a macbook, with no external mic.  This will give consistent quality and sound on both sides of the conversation.

The way to make something like this sustainable is to:

- Keep the technical production simple and consistent
- Keep the format simple and book the speakers in advance
- Define topics for each segment if possible

Alex, would you be interested in recording one more session to introduce the idea that the podcast is going to start featuring people from around the coworking community?  I personally would like to see an Alex/Jacob podcast, or another Alex/Tony podcast.  Or an Alex/Angel episode.  Or an Angel/Iris episode... girl power++!

I dont want to take anyone thunder here, so if efforts are already under way to do this, I'm happy to support an existing effort.  But if not, I can make this happen.

Jonathan

Alex Hillman

Aug 2, 2011, 4:01:00 PM8/2/11
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
Alex, would you be interested in recording one more session to introduce the idea that the podcast is going to start featuring people from around the coworking community?  I personally would like to see an Alex/Jacob podcast, or another Alex/Tony podcast.  Or an Alex/Angel episode.  Or an Angel/Iris episode... girl power++!

Count me in.

/ah
indyhall.org
coworking in philadelphia

Jonathan Yankovich

Aug 2, 2011, 4:09:13 PM8/2/11
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
In to doacratic spirit ("do" being the active word), I've started a Google Spreadsheet to plan future episodes (link at end of post).

I propose we stick with current format but do it monthly instead of weekly, ie:

- 2 people on the podcast, either 2 hosts or 1 host 1 guest (interview format)
- 30 minute podcast
- Published once per month
- Topics and hosts planned in advance
- Schedule:

- Possible way to generate topics is to review the google group topics for the past month and comment on them, a la diggnation.

Does anyone have any nominations for people they'd like to see in future episodes?

Jonathan

Iris Kavanagh

Aug 2, 2011, 5:28:14 PM8/2/11
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
Jonathan-

I love this idea! It's almost as brilliant as you are :)

~ iris

@iriskavanagh
nextspace.us

Craig Baute - Creative Density Coworking

Aug 2, 2011, 7:17:01 PM8/2/11
to Coworking
Wow. There is a lot of interest in this topic.

I would like for several people to be the host of the show much like
TWIT show. There is a one constant host but several different experts
contribute, like a total of 4 hosts for each episode. I think our
coworking communities have different needs and cultures, and just like
coworking the shows strength would be differing backgrounds.

The spaces based in cities might have different operational and
cultural challenges then the ones in suburbs or in rural areas. Places
in financial sectors could have a differnt membership base than, say,
Bucktown Chicago.

Thoughts?

Craig
@CreativeDensity

On Aug 2, 3:28 pm, Iris Kavanagh <iriskavan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Jonathan-
>
> I love this idea! It's almost as brilliant as you are :)
>
> ~ iris
>
> @iriskavanagh
> nextspace.us
>
> On Aug 2, 2011, at 1:09 PM, Jonathan Yankovich wrote:
>

> > In to doacratic spirit ("do" being the active word), I've started a Google Spreadsheet to plan future episodes (link at end of post).
>
> > I propose we stick with current format but do it monthly instead of weekly, ie:
>
> > - 2 people on the podcast, either 2 hosts or 1 host 1 guest (interview format)
> > - 30 minute podcast
> > - Published once per month
> > - Topics and hosts planned in advance
> > - Schedule:
>
> >https://spreadsheets0.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgEwrcOYnrMAdGZ...
>
> > - Possible way to generate topics is to review the google group topics for the past month and comment on them, a la diggnation.
>
> > Does anyone have any nominations for people they'd like to see in future episodes?
>
> > Jonathan

Liu Yan

Aug 2, 2011, 10:56:49 PM8/2/11
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
Jonathan,

This is a great initiative. Xindanwei community and myself would love to be part of it!

cheers,

Liu Yan

Cari

Aug 3, 2011, 11:28:46 AM8/3/11
to Coworking
Let us know however we can help. We've got capabilities to do HD
video conferencing with several locations and stream it direct to
web. Jonathan, I'd be happy to talk with you about it and show you
some examples. Otherwise, our company can do a blog post
highlighting the series and have links to it, etc. Just let me know
what I can do as you get father along the planning process.

On Aug 2, 9:56 pm, Liu Yan <liuyan.dat...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Jonathan,
>
> This is a great initiative. Xindanwei community and myself would love to be part of it!
>
> cheers,
>
> Liu Yan
>
> On 2011-8-3, at 上午3:55, Jonathan Yankovich wrote:
>

> > I can't believe its been 8 months since the last episode of TheCoworkers!
>
> > I'm also interested in keeping this alive.  I have fairly extensive experience in media production including large, complicated web projects and experience in AV and production.
>
> > I could take the role of Producer and do the following:
>
> > - Manage booking schedule
> > - Record the show
> > - Publish the show
>
> > I propose using Skype + call recorder and each person using a laptop, preferably a macbook, with no external mic.  This will give consistent quality and sound on both sides of the conversation.
>
> > The way to make something like this sustainable is to:
>
> > - Keep the technical production simple and consistent
> > - Keep the format simple and book the speakers in advance
> > - Define topics for each segment if possible
>
> > Alex, would you be interested in recording one more session to introduce the idea that the podcast is going to start featuring people from around the coworking community?  I personally would like to see an Alex/Jacob podcast, or another Alex/Tony podcast.  Or an Alex/Angel episode.  Or an Angel/Iris episode... girl power++!
>
> > I dont want to take anyone thunder here, so if efforts are already under way to do this, I'm happy to support an existing effort.  But if not, I can make this happen.
>
> > Jonathan

Jacob Sayles

Aug 3, 2011, 1:45:12 PM8/3/11
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
Sounds great!  I'd love to help out.

Jacob

---
Office Nomads - Individuality without Isolation
http://www.officenomads.com(206) 323-6500

Jonathan

Angel Kwiatkowski

Aug 3, 2011, 4:03:52 PM8/3/11
to Coworking
Count me in but be prepared for Alex and I to spend the first 15
minutes facetiously disagreeing with one another!

Alex Hillman

Aug 3, 2011, 4:08:08 PM8/3/11
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
It won't be that bad.* :)

-Alex

*facetious disagreement

/ah
indyhall.org
coworking in philadelphia

Derek Neighbors

Aug 3, 2011, 4:28:50 PM8/3/11
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
Alex,

If you want a fair level of disagreement, feel free to add me to any episode with anyone.  Even if I happen to agree with them I can argue the counter point.

--
Derek Neighbors
Gangplank

Alex Hillman

Aug 3, 2011, 4:44:48 PM8/3/11
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
I'll second Derek as a high-quality counter-arguer. :)

/ah
indyhall.org
coworking in philadelphia