Best CRM for coworking space management

Martin

Mar 23, 2012, 2:07:30 PM3/23/12
to Coworking
Hello everyone. I wanted to know what CRM's people where successfully
using out there to successfully manage your spaces.

We have 2 locations in Buenos Aires, Argentina (I'm from the US) that
are each aprox 5,500 sq. ft and have a mix of offices (teams from 2 to
20 people) , fixed desks and a shared livingroom space.

We're looking at highrise, zoho and a few other hosted solutions.

Mainly want to use it to track customer contacts and member details.
To that I'd love to be able to integrate our forthcoming access
control system. We're developing a separate online tool to manage our
meeting rooms.

Curious what services people have used and been happy with. Thanks for
any feedback!

Jerome Chang

Mar 25, 2012, 8:04:21 PM3/25/12
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Martin!

Highrise is great to start off with, but I've hit the ceiling on that as I can't generate any real reports except what I've tagged. For example, while I can pull up all "freelancers", or "desks", I can't at all report based on a timeframe.

I've yet to research deeply into SugarCRM, Zoho, etc. Someone demo-ed SalesForce to me, and he had programmed all of it. Wow. Much cheaper than I had thought, but you gotta be tech savvy I presume.

Of course, ideally, the CRM is built into the management tool so we double entry...sigh.

Jerome

Iris Kavanagh

Mar 27, 2012, 10:05:54 AM3/27/12
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Martin,

We researched and couldn't find anything out there that did everything we needed for a coworking space. So two years ago we built our own CRM which includes member profiles on our public site and will include a payment gateway shortly.

At this year's unconference we discussed technology solutions and it appears that there will be several offerings coming onto the market in the next 6 months. I'd hold tight before spending any more money, wait for those to come out and then sign up for the betas. In the meantime if you have someone with geeky inclinations you can ask Jacob at Office Nomads about Nadine or talk to the guys at Cobot.

Best of luck!

Iris

Nextspace.us

Alex Hillman

Mar 27, 2012, 12:07:27 PM3/27/12
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
I've been looking for a people-centric CRM for a long time and, like Iris suggests, haven't found anything that's quite right.

The issue I've had is that CRMs are more focused on dealflow than on the people involved in the deal. Much like all of the coworking finding tools out there that are focused on the desks instead of the people, I have a hard time using a tool that puts the emphasis on a different aspect of the workflow than we have naturally.

What I've wanted was something more like an intelligence tool than a "CRM". Being able to slice and dice members and prospective members by attribute is great, but the more we slice, a tool that remembers to keep the person as the focus of the report.

Software developers on the list: please build this before I do :)

-Alex

/ah
indyhall.org
coworking in philadelphia

Jacob Sayles

Mar 27, 2012, 1:43:57 PM3/27/12
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
Nadine has come a long way since it's early days and we continue to slowly make improvements.  I have a basic idea of what you mean Alex,  but it's hard for me to say if we are the exact form of "member focused" that you talking about.  I wouldn't say we are deal focused either.  We focus on the tasks we do every day, and how to make that flow better.  We focus on Alexandra, our Community Cultivator, and what she needs to get her job done and keep a smile on her face.  We also believe strongly that most "problems" are more easily solved with people power rather then trying to come up with some complex software tool that does everything.

Right now the biggest obstacle to Nadine being more widely used is that we are not a software company, nor do we want to become one.  We have open sourced everything and it's out there for free, but I'm not going to be there if anything goes wrong in the middle of the night.  I've worn a pager for systems jobs in the past and I swore never again.  We have invested a lot already to build the system so others would need to step up to write up better documentation, help out with the install process, and offer support.

If anyone wants to check it out in action, I would be happy to setup an account on our demo box.

Jacob

---
Office Nomads - Individuality without Isolation
http://www.officenomads.com(206) 323-6500

Iris Kavanagh

Mar 27, 2012, 1:57:52 PM3/27/12
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
I agree with Alex on the people focus of the software. Since what we were looking for at NextSpace was a place to hold all of the info we had about our members it was important that we had a tool that allowed the members to have access to their profiles and to be able to add personal info (likes and dislikes) as well as business info (website, fields of expertise) and the requisite contact info NextSpace would need in a CRM. Our ultimate goal is for this tool to allow our members to connect with each other online as well as they do offline, therefor enhancing the experience of working together. A third benefit is to have potential clients be able to find members through this tool on the public facing side of the profile.

Of course all of this has been extremely slow to come to fruition as we NextSpacers are definitely people people and definitely not code people :) We are still looking for partnership opportunities here so if there are code people who like people people and want to make a cool piece of software feel free to hit me up off list!

Warmly,

~ Iris

---
Iris Kavanagh

Community Curator + Chief Community Officer
NextSpace Coworking + Innovation, Inc.
www.NextSpace.us
+1 831 420 0710

Whoa! NextSpace now has four locations to work from! You can find us downtown in Culver City, San Jose, San Francisco, and Santa Cruz. Stop by any of our fabulous spaces for a tour! Or learn more virtually: http://www.nextspace.us

Jerome Chang

Mar 27, 2012, 2:58:30 PM3/27/12
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
Wouldn't SalesForce be able to satisfy this?  From what I've seen, you can add infinite amount of data fields, etc.
Or is it a combination of LinkedIn's relationships/mutual contacts feature, with SalesForce's CRM, plus a public-facing chat/collaboration platform?

Jerome
______________
BLANKSPACES
"work FOR yourself, not BY yourself"

www.blankspaces.com
ph: 323.330.9505 | 5405 Wilshire Blvd (2 blocks west of La Brea) Los Angeles, CA 90036

Message has been deleted

Joshua Marpet

Jul 19, 2012, 12:19:09 AM7/19/12
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
Would love a demo account.  Do you take feature suggestions and requests, and since you've open sourced it, someone could take it and commercialize a service around it, right?  Like say, a small business at a coworking space!!?!??!?  hmmmmmmm.  Maybe someone has something there.  ;)

In all seriousness, there is a community edition of SugarCRM if you need something right now.  I'm working on learning Rally, the Agile dev platform, which conveniently enough, has a free edition as well.  Rally is more for task tracking, pushing me to do the things I need to do but don't necessarily want to do right now.  (Occasionally lazy)  And I have an Ubuntu VM set up with Sugar, which is my next, need to learn it.

Yell if you need links or help. Happy to help with any and all tech questions.

Joshua

Linda Rolf

Jul 23, 2012, 11:14:15 AM7/23/12
to cowo...@googlegroups.com

First, thanks for a great group! This has been an invaluable resource as we get ready for our first coworking launch.

I’ve been following this topic with a lot of interest for the past few weeks.  Quest Technology Group built Quwho (www.quwho.com) 3+ years ago for Rotary clubs to manage clubs and membership.  Included is an online directory, member profiles, ability to search for members by keywords, support for online dues and events’ payments, etc.   We are opening our first coworking space in Orlando within the month, and there seemed to be an obvious synergy between Quwho and coworking.  With very little in the way of code changes needed, we plan to modify Quwho to become a non-Rotary specific web application.

Since we offer a free 30-day fully functional trial, I would love for you all to give it a try.  This is the perfect time to offer suggestions for changes that would make this application useful to the coworking community.

Just a note --- When you setup your trial, you’ll notice that Club Number and District are required fields.  These are some of those Rotary-specific fields that we will eliminate in the coworking version.  Just enter any 4-digit number for now.  You will receive a welcome email with login information, and you’re ready to go.

I’m looking forward to your feedback!

Linda Rolf
  Linda Rolf, CAPS
  President

Quest Technology Group
Let’s Create Something Great For Your Clients
315 E. Robinson Street, Suite 525
Orlando, FL 32801
407.843.6603
www.quest-technology-group.com
Connect with me on LinkedIn

Quest Mobility Solutions
Creating Accessible Living Spaces
775 Warner Lane
Orlando, FL 32803

407.898.2998

www.questmobilitysolutions.com

Jul 26, 2012, 4:50:40 PM7/26/12
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
Does anyone have experience using CiviCRM to manage a coworking space?

Roshani Kothari

Aug 19, 2015, 3:47:34 PM8/19/15
to Coworking
We are looking at how CiviCRM can be used for coworking spaces. Can you please email me at ros...@ginkgostreet.com, so we can learn more about features that would be most relevant for coworking spaces?  For folks who may not be familiar with it, CiviCRM is an open source CRM platform that integrates with Drupal, Wordpress and CiviCRM.  http://www.civicrm.org

Bernd Rützel

Aug 21, 2015, 8:58:03 AM8/21/15
to Coworking
Hi Martin,

I run a space in Germany - www.coworking4you.com - an use Nexudus for it.

It comes with the complete functionality to offer different packages, CRM, automatic invoicing and managing payments, public member directory and much more like events, web booking of meeting rooms, ...

It may me be worth while for you to take a look at www.nexudus.com. They offer it in a pay-as-you-grow model - first five members are for free.

For management of small internal and external tasks/projects I use additionally www.trello.com

If you are interested more detailed experiences feel free to contact me.

Best regards

Bernd

Кирилл Иванов

Nov 7, 2016, 3:33:20 PM11/7/16
to Coworking
Hi there! Now we are developing coworking management system. Unfortunately our website is only available in Russian. Until the end of 2016 we will release a multilingual version. MVP: manage, sales, analysts and many integrations.