Mailbox Agreement

Peta

Oct 3, 2011, 12:14:11 PM10/3/11
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
Hope you had a great weekend.
Quick question to the spaces that offer mailboxes; Do you make your members sign some sort of agreement and if so what does it inlcude?
WebRep
Overall rating

Jenny at eeko

Oct 3, 2011, 1:53:45 PM10/3/11
to cowo...@googlegroups.com, cowo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Peta,
We had a lengthy discussion about this this last weekend and Alex is compiling the notes on it from the session but there are legal requirements by the post office for mail services. The member must work out of the space for at least 16 hours a month in order for you to legally receive mail for them so developing an agreement that covers yourself would be a good idea. Or the other option is to file to be a certified mail services business with the post office, but i hear thats a lengthy, painful process and results in the loss of some, if not all, of your sanity. If you ask the folks at Coloft, they probably have more specifics.

Kindest Regards,
Jenny Poon | eeko studio/co+hoots

Jerome Chang

Oct 3, 2011, 1:57:35 PM10/3/11
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
If you get form 1583 from the USPS, that'll set you in the right direction.  You need to have that filled out for every client.

Jerome
______________
BLANKSPACES
"work FOR yourself, not BY yourself"

www.blankspaces.com
ph: 323.330.9505 | 5405 Wilshire Blvd (2 blocks west of La Brea) Los Angeles, CA 90036
ph: 310.526.2255 | 1450 2nd Street (@ Broadway), Santa Monica, CA 90401

Angel Kwiatkowski

Oct 4, 2011, 3:26:14 PM10/4/11
to Coworking
We have several (8) members who use our 1 address to get their mail.
It all comes to my desk and then I sort it in to a simple file system
for them. We might be breaking several federal regulations but it
hasn't been an issue at all.

Angel

On Oct 3, 11:57 am, Jerome Chang <jer...@blankspaces.com> wrote:
> If you get form 1583 from the USPS, that'll set you in the right direction.  You need to have that filled out for every client.
>
> Jerome
> ______________
> BLANKSPACES
> "work FOR yourself, not BY yourself"
>
> www.blankspaces.com
> ph: 323.330.9505 | 5405 Wilshire Blvd (2 blocks west of La Brea) Los Angeles, CA 90036
> ph: 310.526.2255 | 1450 2nd Street (@ Broadway), Santa Monica, CA 90401
>
> On Oct 3, 2011, at 10:53 AM, Jenny at eeko wrote:
>

> > Hi Peta,
> > We had a lengthy discussion about this this last weekend and Alex is compiling the notes on it from the session but there are legal requirements by the post office for mail services. The member must work out of the space for at least 16 hours a month in order for you to legally receive mail for them so developing an agreement that covers yourself would be a good idea. Or the other option is to file to be a certified mail services business with the post office, but i hear thats a lengthy, painful process and results in the loss of some, if not all, of your sanity. If you ask the folks at Coloft, they probably have more specifics.
>
> > Kindest Regards,
> > Jenny Poon | eeko studio/co+hoots
>
> > On Oct 3, 2011, at 9:14 AM, Peta <peta.mo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> Hi all,
> >> Hope you had a great weekend.
> >> Quick question to the spaces that offer mailboxes; Do you make your members sign some sort of agreement and if so what does it inlcude?
> >> WebRep
>
> >> Overall rating

Peta

Oct 6, 2011, 8:45:28 AM10/6/11
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
thanks all for the suggestions.
I think we are going to go the route of Angel for now....I receive the mail and distribute accordingly.
in the mean time Im probably going to open up the dialogue with my postmaster (hoping its not a can of worms!)

Mark Gilbreath

Oct 6, 2011, 10:18:54 AM10/6/11
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
we went the post office certification route and it was straightforward and relatively painless.  it allowed our members to have a unique identifying business address (useful for their professional business identity) and still be a part of our shared community.
Message has been deleted

Peta

Oct 13, 2011, 3:10:11 PM10/13/11
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
Hey Jenny,

We are still contemplating what to do with our mail agreements. I was wondering whether you and Alex were done compiling the notes and if you would mind sharing the info.

Thanks!!

Peta
Mission 50

he...@pastelplymouth.com

Apr 12, 2017, 3:01:23 PM4/12/17
to Coworking
How did you go about becoming a mail services business with the USPS? I'm not sure what to even search for on the USPS site?
Thanks!
-Renee
Pastel | Where empowered women work, meet and learn.

Robert Kropp

Apr 12, 2017, 11:52:15 PM4/12/17
to Coworking
Most coworking spaces I have seen operate this way as well. I will dive deeper into if there were actual agreements signed.

t...@spheremail.co

Apr 27, 2017, 5:05:36 PM4/27/17
to Coworking
Hi Renee,

Fill out Form 1583-A (just a 1 page form) and return it to your local post office. Also, you need to have each member fill out Form 1583 as well, and either show you 2 forms of ID or get it notarized and return it to you. (We actually automate this process for you if you join SphereMail. We send your members the forms when the sign up, and offer an online notarization service).

I'd be glad to chat with you more about this if you'd like!

As mentioned, I'm with SphereMail. We are a web based mail management software that is used by coworking spaces everywhere to manage their mail---so, mail management is kind of our thing.

Email me if you have any questions: t...@spheremail.co

I can also answer questions about our service as well.

Happy to help!

Tom