Rails 2.3-style plugins

Kevin Lawrence

Jan 9, 2013, 5:15:06 PM1/9/13
to communi...@googlegroups.com
Is there an easy fix for this?

DEPRECATION WARNING: You have Rails 2.3-style plugins in vendor/plugins!

Or (less-good) a simple way to suppress the warning?

Possibly related, when I do anything with rake it takes an age before it gets started and performs the task I asked for. Anyone know what's going on with that?

Kevin

Bruno Bornsztein

Jan 10, 2013, 7:09:33 AM1/10/13
to communi...@googlegroups.com
Is there an easy fix for this?

DEPRECATION WARNING: You have Rails 2.3-style plugins in vendor/plugins!

Not really, we'll have to replace or gem-ify all those plugins before Rails 4.

Or (less-good) a simple way to suppress the warning?

Possibly related, when I do anything with rake it takes an age before it gets started and performs the task I asked for. Anyone know what's going on with that?

Rails 3 has notoriously slow boot times. Even on Ruby 1.9.3, I find it basically intolerable (especially for things like runnings tests). I suggest using something like Spork or Zeus.

Kevin